Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2010, 04:19 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbadsquishy View Post
any word today on when those extended benefits might be rolling in; this morning hubby and i noticed his claim status said he was eligible for EBs...but i know whe have to wait a week for them to start...guess i'm really wondering more about that lump sum we should be expecting from the past 7 weeks
For some, hopefully by the end of the week. Others may take into next week or a little longer. Depends on the status of the claim, whether it's been more than 28 days since the last certification. Raleigh is supposed to run a program tomorrow night to open pay orders on claims in order that claims can begin to be certified again. However, if it's been more than 28 days since the last certification, folks wouldn't be able to do their own, they'd have to come into the office and bring their worksearch records and we'd have to do "weeks on paper" and then key the back weeks. We'll know more after tomorrow night to see what the status of claims is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody48 View Post
My EB started in June and my first eligibility review is this month. Since the extension passed and my claim should revert back to EUC will I still be required to go in for future reviews every four weeks or will those end since I won't be collecting EB anymore?
Most, if not all, of the reviews I see are for folks collecting EB, so if you're no longer collecting EB (have reverted back to EUC) then I'd think you wouldn't receive anymore notifications for a review until you once again enter EB.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoletteW View Post
I'm in my second benefit year and just finished my last week of "regular" unemployment. Upon logging in just now, I see that my account shows an EUC effective date of 7/25/10 and it says, "Yes," eligible for EUC with my weekly benefit amount. Based on this, is it safe to assume that - due to the extension that was passed - that I miraculously have rolled over to Tier I of EUC in my second year?
Yes, I believe this to be correct after reading an email today from Raleigh. They had said that a program had already been done to extend the phase out date in the system and for those folks that had not yet gotten to the EUC part, they should roll right into it once they arrive at EUC.

For others that have been waiting, more programming is coming in the next few days to get other claims back into pay status.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoletteW View Post
I tried calling the local ESC office ALL DAY, and it was busy! I kid you not!

We must be right. I feel like a miracle just happened, because I literally just certified for my last week of regular unemployment in my second benefit year, yesterday, online. If the extension hadn't passed, I'd be off the roll permanently. "Maybe" I would've qualified for EB, who knows. But, still...

So, does your husband and myself receive 20 weeks of EUC Tier I? I believe so.
It's not automatically 20 weeks. It's a percentage of your original claim duration. So ONLY if you qualified for 26 weeks of regular UI could you potentially qualify for 20 weeks of Tier 1 EUC (20 = 80% of 26 weeks). EUC Tier 1 pays 80% of the original claim duration. If someone's regular UI claim set up for 16 weeks, they may qualify for 11 weeks of EUC Tier 1. (again, 11 = 80% of 16 weeks - or thereabouts).

Old 07-26-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrago View Post
Wow what a mess this whole extension thing is...so here is my situation...of course I could not get through to either my local office or the remote services center today....

I finished my 2nd benefit year 7/10/2010...I have been able to certify every week but have been getting this message upon completing the certification....

Your claim for the week of 7/17/2010 has been accepted but cannot be processed for payment because your claim is monetarily ineligible. If you need further information, please call the Remote Service Center at 1-888-737-0259.

I thought I certified yesterday and got the same message...

Then today I figured I would login to see if my profile had changed at all with the extensions kicking in...there was no change to my profile but when I went to weekly certifications it prompted me to certify again for the week ending 7/24...of course I got excited....but instead got this new message today....any ideas what it means?

The week for which you are trying to file, 7/24/2010, has already been claimed on another benefit year. If you need further information, please call the Remote Service Center at 1-888-737-0259.

I know I am not monetarily eligible for extensions in my 2nd year...am i going to have to call and try to get someone to "pull forward" my remaining extension weeks from my First benefit year before I will start receiving the benefits of this extension or do we think ESC is going to address all these pull forwards at the same time as it gets everyone's new extensions in order...
You will have to call and someone likely will have to do something (or some things) on your claim to get it prepared for a pull forward, if that's what it needs - if you have any EUC remaining from your previous benefit year to pull forward in the event of not qualifying for NEW extensions in your current benefit year. Your situation may or may not currently have anything to do with the new extension phase out date, especially if you ended your last benefit year in the middle of a Tier, whereby you would be eligible for that Tier now to be pulled forward.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:05 PM

407 posts, read 660,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
For some, hopefully by the end of the week. Others may take into next week or a little longer. Depends on the status of the claim, whether it's been more than 28 days since the last certification. Raleigh is supposed to run a program tomorrow night to open pay orders on claims in order that claims can begin to be certified again. However, if it's been more than 28 days since the last certification, folks wouldn't be able to do their own, they'd have to come into the office and bring their worksearch records and we'd have to do "weeks on paper" and then key the back weeks. We'll know more after tomorrow night to see what the status of claims is.
JDLJR
please update once u know
i last certified JUST OVER 28 days ago
it was 29 days today!
so i guess im one of the unfortunate ones

BUTTTT if u r able to get the info and let me know, MAYBE i can get there FAST before everyone else knows what to do, and I ASSUME (hopefully?) that once they do weeks on paper, Raleigh should have it fixed by the next time to certify? and get caught up within a week?
thanks!!!

Old 07-26-2010, 05:07 PM

407 posts, read 660,865 times
JDLJR

Question also--- I was in TIER 2 when i got stuck in limbo last month waiting on congress

BUTTTTT when i check my payment history
it appears they paid me the 14th week of Tier 2??

I thought they ONLY did that AFTER tier 3???
should i be alarmed or concerned at all?

Old 07-26-2010, 05:10 PM

6 posts, read 10,548 times
Default Filing for 2nd benefit year.

jdljr, I am hoping you can help....

Trying to file for my second benefit year, and am hoping that I can get the extensions. My first benefit year has just ended. Am currently working part time, and if I am figuring correctly, I did make the necessary $4550 needed to qualify for the 2nd year (this amount was earned in the last quarter of '09 through July '10). When filing, it asks who is my last employer. Wasn't sure if they mean my current or the one who terminated my position. When looking for the definition on the NCEU website, it says:

Who Is The Last Employer?
For new claim purposes, the last employer is presumed to be the last employer for whom a separated claimant last worked for more than 30 days, regardless of whether work was performed on each of those days unless it is shown that such presumption would be a substantial injustice in view of the intent of the Employment Security Law.

Guess I am still confused. Will my new benefit amount in the 2nd year (assuming I qualify), be based on my former employer (am hoping so since I earned a very good salary).

Thank you in advance for your help!

Old 07-26-2010, 05:24 PM

31 posts, read 42,742 times
Just wondering since I have been able to certify each week and had my eligibility review last Wednesday, have not received a payment in second benefit year since Tier 3 ended on June 20th do I need to call in and see whats going on or will this be automatic and just receive my retroactive payment in lump sum.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:35 PM

83 posts, read 265,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
Yes, I believe this to be correct after reading an email today from Raleigh. They had said that a program had already been done to extend the phase out date in the system and for those folks that had not yet gotten to the EUC part, they should roll right into it once they arrive at EUC.

For others that have been waiting, more programming is coming in the next few days to get other claims back into pay status.
Yes, it seems to be the only logical conclusion, all things considered. Great, thanks! I haven't been able to talk to anyone locally, as the phone was busy all day long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina