Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2010, 06:21 PM

21 posts, read 36,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerest View Post
Ugh....have logged 20.5 hrs at the new job, which consists of memorizing multi digit account #s for nearly 100 vendors, plus a whole lot more..each vendor has a separate protocol & set of paperwork that I am expected to already know/recognize & respond IMMEDIATELY. My 3rd day, the boss lights into me about being slow, has called me a "half-wit," "lacking even half a brain," and "just plain stupid." Any question I have is met with rolling of the eyes, huffing & puffing, wringing of the hands, ranting & raving about how it's numbers, not rocket science, etc. Stomping, yelling & waving of the arms is the typical day...evidently. Never been shown around the office suite or given even cursory information, so when my printer ran out of ink & I asked where I could find a replacement cartridge, the boss pounded desk with fists, stomped into the next cubicle & retrieved a new cartridge, marched to my printer & made the change, while mumbling she knew I would never figure it out on my own! I cannot even think straight for fear of the next bizarre fit of rage. I once had a job where I was required to email the office manager before I went to the bathroom, then again when I returned to my desk. I thought THAT was unreasonable, but this...this is a nightmare, or else some sick experiment. I know it's an employers' market but this is just twisted. I wish there was some sort of small, concealable camera/recorder I could take in with me next week, because I know this sounds so crazy that no one would ever believe me without some sort of proof. Pretty sure that would be illegal though...but then folks plant cameras in their homes to spy on babysitters, etc. I just don't think this is going to end well & I wish I could think of some way to document/prove my word that this boss is a nutjob. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

OMG! You poor thing, All I can say is: next time suggest she take a valium (or maybe you) LOL Trying to make you laugh at least, good luck dear....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 11:42 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,498 times
Quote:
Ugh....have logged 20.5 hrs at the new job, which consists of memorizing multi digit account #s for nearly 100 vendors, plus a whole lot more..each vendor has a separate protocol & set of paperwork that I am expected to already know/recognize & respond IMMEDIATELY. My 3rd day, the boss lights into me about being slow, has called me a "half-wit," "lacking even half a brain," and "just plain stupid." Any question I have is met with rolling of the eyes, huffing & puffing, wringing of the hands, ranting & raving about how it's numbers, not rocket science, etc. Stomping, yelling & waving of the arms is the typical day...evidently. Never been shown around the office suite or given even cursory information, so when my printer ran out of ink & I asked where I could find a replacement cartridge, the boss pounded desk with fists, stomped into the next cubicle & retrieved a new cartridge, marched to my printer & made the change, while mumbling she knew I would never figure it out on my own! I cannot even think straight for fear of the next bizarre fit of rage. I once had a job where I was required to email the office manager before I went to the bathroom, then again when I returned to my desk. I thought THAT was unreasonable, but this...this is a nightmare, or else some sick experiment. I know it's an employers' market but this is just twisted. I wish there was some sort of small, concealable camera/recorder I could take in with me next week, because I know this sounds so crazy that no one would ever believe me without some sort of proof. Pretty sure that would be illegal though...but then folks plant cameras in their homes to spy on babysitters, etc. I just don't think this is going to end well & I wish I could think of some way to document/prove my word that this boss is a nutjob. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
OMG!!!
She's a nut job for sure!!
Document, document and document> everything!
Is there anyone there that can back you up on her RUDE behavior?
I think when jdljr gets back you need to private message him and ask him what kind of proof you need to get on this Diva Queen to protect yourself!!
You have more patience than I do, because money or not, I may have been out there door!
Hang in there lady and Keep us updated on the creep!
I'll try to find out about the legalities of recording her remarks to you!!!

Goodluck!!

Old 09-12-2010, 12:08 PM

131 posts, read 232,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
OMG!!!
She's a nut job for sure!!
Document, document and document> everything!
Is there anyone there that can back you up on her RUDE behavior?
I think when jdljr gets back you need to private message him and ask him what kind of proof you need to get on this Diva Queen to protect yourself!!
You have more patience than I do, because money or not, I may have been out there door!
Hang in there lady and Keep us updated on the creep!
I'll try to find out about the legalities of recording her remarks to you!!!

Goodluck!!
Thanks for the moral support, KC! Trying to preserve my sanity at this point & your response is comforting! I'll keep you posted. I am already applying for other things & did a little networking to investigate an opening I saw on CB. I would gladly flip burgers as opposed to this toxic mess I've gotten myself into....if McD's would only have me!

Old 09-12-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormyB View Post
OMG! You poor thing, All I can say is: next time suggest she take a valium (or maybe you) LOL Trying to make you laugh at least, good luck dear....

Thanks for the reply, Stormy! Yeah, I wonder if she is off her meds or something! I know my skills are a tad rusty, but my IQ test results (which I've taken many times) consistly score between 139 and 149, so I know I'm capable of learning...she is one of those who will show you 100 things in an hour & expect you to remember every detail & every nuance...one time & one time, only. No questions allowed. Mistakes are forbidden & punishable by pit bull type attacks. Not such a boost to my already dented self esteem, but it is what it is & so I think I need to keep searching.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,204 times
I have never recieved benefits for unemployment, this is my first time filing ever so that's probably why I'm a little lost.

Quick Question-
I recieved three letters in the mail today. One stating "You are monetarily eligible for Extended Benefits (EB) as follows:" Another saying, "You are monetarily eligible for EUC benefits as follows:" Both letters continuing to show the same amount. I'm taking "Monetarily eligible" as I'm going to finally get some money. So the question is, how long before I get it, and will I be getting it from EB and EUC?

Old 09-12-2010, 09:15 PM

27 posts, read 47,337 times
Check out these... this site is in HK, but I've bought other things from them before.
DealExtreme: Search for spy camera pen (198 products in 25 categories)

Quote:

Old 09-12-2010, 09:17 PM

27 posts, read 47,337 times
Probably a dumb question, but I've finally found full time employment. Should I keep filing and just plug in my weekly pay (I won't be drawing unemployment) Or do I just stop filing all together?

Old 09-12-2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowska View Post
Probably a dumb question, but I've finally found full time employment. Should I keep filing and just plug in my weekly pay (I won't be drawing unemployment) Or do I just stop filing all together?
No, I'm pretty sure that you at some point, have rec'd a form in the mail to fill out & return to ESC once you find work. They send them out about every 6 weeks...sorry the name of the form escapes me at the moment. Or, I'm sure you can call them & let them know you have found a job & they can direct you (they'll probably send you the form, as opposed to doing a transaction over the phone....I suspect but not certain). In either case, if you are returning to work full time & won't be claiming benefits, then no, you would not continue to do weekly certifications. That part I'm pretty sure of.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowQuilts View Post
I have never recieved benefits for unemployment, this is my first time filing ever so that's probably why I'm a little lost.

Quick Question-
I recieved three letters in the mail today. One stating "You are monetarily eligible for Extended Benefits (EB) as follows:" Another saying, "You are monetarily eligible for EUC benefits as follows:" Both letters continuing to show the same amount. I'm taking "Monetarily eligible" as I'm going to finally get some money. So the question is, how long before I get it, and will I be getting it from EB and EUC?
Humm, since you have never rec'd benefits before, I cannot imagine why you got 2 letters for 2 separate levels of benefits. Logically, I would assume the EUC is the correct one. I assume you have been filing weekly certifications either by phone or internet, but you didn't mention if you have direct deposit, which is how I rec'd benefits. When I filed on Sunday, the funds hit my bank account on Tues. or Wed. Different banks handle the transfer differently, some holding the funds for 24-48 hrs...I never understood why. ESC will tell you that they release the funds on Monday & once that happens they really cannot tell you when your bank makes the funds available. I think there is also a debit card option, but I never used it so I can't elaborate..sorry. Our "resident" contributor, jdljr, is an ESC Rep & is on a much deserved vacation but will return perhaps tomorrow. He may have additional thoughts, but I would think you should get some relief soon since you rec'd these letters. I once even rec'd a check via mail & never understood that either, I was just happy to finally get some help I didn't ask why! I'll just say that it bothers me that you got TWO letters so close together. EB is not available until after you have exhausted all previous tiers, so not sure why you would get this right outta the gate. Makes me suspicious that someone may have performed a transaction that triggered that letter & then later corrected, or vice versa...this is where jdljr may offer more info. Good luck.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:03 PM

Well, here I am again. Unemployed. New boss was solo today, so just she & I. She stayed away from me all day until the end, when she told me she could see that I was not as speedy in completing tasks as she would like (I double & triple checked my work b/c she flipped out if there was a mistake & yelled insults at me) & although she appreciated my effort & thought I was a nice person, she really did not think I would be able to handle added responsibility from a time standpoint, so she took my time sheet, cut me a check, & wished me well. I guess it ended as well as could, BUT here I am again with no job (sigh). This, my 5th 1/2 day. OMG, do I feel worthless! I know I might be a little rusty, but to not be given any more of a chance than this to learn some fairly complicated procedures, is disheartening. I AM proud of myself for not reacting to her maniacal outbursts, insults & humiliation, though. I kinda pity the next person. I noticed that every day, there was at least 1 or 2 calls from customers who absolutely refused to speak with her & specifically asked for the other person who does the same job as her. I guess that's pretty telling. Back to the grind......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina