Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 10:08 AM

776 posts, read 1,683,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
I think LEGALLY they have to use funds in order of how you WOULD HAVE USED THEM if the WRONG 2nd years had never happened... so theyd take TIER 4 FIRST and them deduct from EB
it all seems so simple, BUT apparently 1. local offices are not sure what to do, 2. the programming (despite what the site says) is NOT automatically happening and 3. some people are getting the shaft and will find themselves stranded in a week or 2 with no notice!
Well, "legally" means nothing when it comes to government.

But I see what you mean. My only theory was that, since EB is technically coming from the state, they wouldn't have to mess with EUC...which I understand comes from the federal gov't. I dunno, that's just a theory that popped in my head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 10:08 AM

407 posts, read 660,705 times
MAIL CAME-- odd thing, even though I KNOW i will be owing about $3200+ since thats the WRONG 2nd year total I got---- no new letters came today? all i have so far is the odd $1600ish amount that cant be complete?

Old 09-27-2010, 10:09 AM

56 posts, read 76,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
was it standing room only?

All they would do is let you go up to the front desk and write the info. on the papers, they made a copy and sent you out the door. Many people asked to speak to a rep. and they refused. It was crowded when I was there at 11 but the guy I had to meet with told me at 8am the line was wrapped around the building.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Well, "legally" means nothing when it comes to government.

But I see what you mean. My only theory was that, since EB is technically coming from the state, they wouldn't have to mess with EUC...which I understand comes from the federal gov't. I dunno, that's just a theory that popped in my head.
I think that the federal govt has computer progamming done a bit better than the NC ESC... by the way, isnt it odd how NC is the state that ALWAYS has screw ups with new programming? and NEVER learns from the past screw up? other states have seamless programming that doesnt leave us all screwed like this!!!

THIS IS NUTS, its like 3 1/2 hours on hold ---- hearing the annoying ALL AGENTS ARE STILL BUSY... over and over and over.....

Old 09-27-2010, 10:10 AM

330 posts, read 460,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tena1028 View Post
All they would do is let you go up to the front desk and write the info. on the papers, they made a copy and sent you out the door. Many people asked to speak to a rep. and they refused. It was crowded when I was there at 11 but the guy I had to meet with told me at 8am the line was wrapped around the building.
wouldve loved to have a picture of that.

i may go down to my office this afternoon and see whats up. it would not surprise me to see them doing things differently at different offices.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:17 AM

776 posts, read 1,683,925 times
Quote:
i may go down to my office this afternoon and see whats up. it would not surprise me to see them doing things differently at different offices.
I may just go down there, make some popcorn, sit in the seat, and be entertained. And I'm in Raleigh and have seen how unbelievably hectic that place can get on normal days!

Old 09-27-2010, 10:17 AM

31 posts, read 42,732 times
That is correct CA11! Seems like they are going to get their money now and if a waiver approved you get it back.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:18 AM

46 posts, read 70,102 times
I have never posted here but today, I searched for information and/or help with this OP thing/nightmare.
I received 2 letters Friday that I overpaid week of May 8th and Aug 28th totaling $488. I started collecting Feb 2009. I was to start Tier 2 this week they told me like 2 weeks ago. I was receiving state benefits prior to the extension in July.
I called the local ncesc office on Friday afternoon about these letters (which scared the crap outta me)
I was told that they are "working on it" and that they wouldn't have things worked out until the end of this week. She said that I would still receive my benefits this week (today) and nothing was finalized yet, that they could be pulling money from somewhere else to offset this OP. I asked "so I will continue to get paid until they work this out?" She said yes.
Well today they took 50% of my benefit. I called and finally got through after 30+ mins. and the lady said that they don't have any information to give me/us. They won't have anything to add until they work on this all week. She said the accounts are updating all day long. I told her that I was under the assumption that they wouldn't take any monies until they figured this out. She said I shouldn't have been told that. Every question I asked was replied to with "we don't know".
Seems someone/something made a big booboo and we are forced to pay for it.
It angers me mostly because I was given ONE day notice for this deduction to take place. I'm sure you all understand that we live day by day with this unemployment insurance to pay bills and barely stay afloat at that.
I do hope they fix this asap and I hope they can offset this somehow.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbb View Post
That is correct CA11! Seems like they are going to get their money now and if a waiver approved you get it back.
BUT once they swap out the weeks, why would a waiver be required? i mean if they deduct those 13 weeks from tier 4 and EB --- then i dont owe anything anymore?

Old 09-27-2010, 10:19 AM

16 posts, read 21,378 times
Quote:
wouldve loved to have a picture of that.

they should setup a webcam so you don't have to waste gas. but that makes too much sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina