Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2010, 06:57 PM

776 posts, read 1,679,720 times

Advertisements

Welp...I had a missed call/voicemail from a rep at 4:30. When I first heard the message and she said she was from the NCESC...I panicked and thought.."Oh gee, great, she's calling to tell me that I missed my appt today at 3:30." But no, she was calling to respond to my e-mail I sent on Monday that I did not have to show up to my appt...she was letting me know this exactly one hour AFTER my meeting was originally scheduled! Unbelievable.

Her voicemail was actually quite pleasant. She did tell me that this appointment has been satisfied...and that "my next appt is scheduled for Dec 17th". Ohhhhhkay, so can I expect another set of supplemental questions to fulfill that one or what? So confusing. It's nice to know it well in advance though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 10:02 PM

656 posts, read 1,135,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpAck View Post
Welp...I had a missed call/voicemail from a rep at 4:30. When I first heard the message and she said she was from the NCESC...I panicked and thought.."Oh gee, great, she's calling to tell me that I missed my appt today at 3:30." But no, she was calling to respond to my e-mail I sent on Monday that I did not have to show up to my appt...she was letting me know this exactly one hour AFTER my meeting was originally scheduled! Unbelievable.

Her voicemail was actually quite pleasant. She did tell me that this appointment has been satisfied...and that "my next appt is scheduled for Dec 17th". Ohhhhhkay, so can I expect another set of supplemental questions to fulfill that one or what? So confusing. It's nice to know it well in advance though.
I'm wondering why some are satisfying the EB review requirement by answering the supplemental questions and others have to report to their local office with their work search records..?
Seems like things were turned awry with EB rules and regulations after the OP issue.
I'm hoping the rep was correct in telling me I'll transition straight into EB by certifying this Sunday.
I sure don't want or need a break in my weekly pay!

Old 10-30-2010, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
I'm wondering why some are satisfying the EB review requirement by answering the supplemental questions and others have to report to their local office with their work search records..?
Seems like things were turned awry with EB rules and regulations after the OP issue.
Agreed. I think alot of people got their appts waived though. I mean, on here alone, there were what...4 or so? I'm again, really thinking that the ones who got dumped into EB after the OP mess are the ones getting the supplemental questions. That way, they can manage the existing load of EB'ers, and not be flooded by the potentially 10K plus who got thrown into EB.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:19 AM

56 posts, read 76,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpAck View Post

I never heard back after leaving 2 messages and sending 2 emails. I went by what the lady at the Raleigh office told me and I didn't go. I guess I will see today when I try to file whether or not she told me wrong. I am only collecting for 3 more weeks, though...

Old 10-31-2010, 03:42 PM

39 posts, read 73,497 times
Quote:
I'm hoping the rep was correct in telling me I'll transition straight into EB by certifying this Sunday.
I sure don't want or need a break in my weekly pay!
yea, why can't they screen 9.7% of the entire population!!!

get real, do some math homie, it don't add up.

can some one explain the steps here. what happens after it shows "benefits exhausted"? when does it start showing EB on your online claim?

Last edited by farmboss; 10-31-2010 at 04:11 PM..

Old 10-31-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmboss View Post
yea, why can't they screen 9.7% of the entire population!!!

get real, do some math homie, it don't add up.

can some one explain the steps here. what happens after it shows "benefits exhausted"? when does it start showing EB on your online claim?
Homie?> lol!
Well the steps (previously before the OP fiasco ) was this.
You keep certifying , get a letter and transistion into the next tier, (OR) when you get to the point you hit EB, you call customer service, go to you local office or E-mail ESC, asking them to manually put you into your EB (If you qaulify)
However, now many are saying they are trasitioning straight into EB after tier 4 without any calls , emails ect..... After your in EB it should show up in your benefits paid area online.
It will not always be posted on your claims staus.
Your benefits exhausted staus should, but will not always disappear as your actively collecting EB .
My claim still shows me collecting a lesser year 2 amt, even though I'm now back to year one weekly benefits amt.

My post earlier was in reference to the fact of some getting the supplemental questions while certifying and on EB and other EB claimants are still required to go to their local with their work search records.
Not sure yet how they're making this decision.
OpAck's answer does seem the most plausable., I'll soon be finding out.

Sorry if this isn't what your looking for.
We're all just doing the best we can here without Jdljr's input.
(KC)

Old 10-31-2010, 06:47 PM

39 posts, read 73,497 times
Quote:
Your benefits exhausted staus should, but will not always disappear as your actively collecting EB .
My claim still shows me collecting a lesser year 2 amt, even though I'm now back to year one weekly benefits amt.
Ok, thats where i am at. THIS WEEK it just showed benefits exhausted for me.

SAME as you, my claim shows a "lesser year 2 amt" even though what i am getting PAID is the same as year 1.

what i am wondering is, where am i at now that it JUST showed "exhausted" for me? should this go away?

i certified and it said i am going to get paid...and heres what you are waiting for I HAD TO ANSWER THE SUPPLIMENTAL QUESTIONS. BUT, i have to answer these same ones every ~8 weeks ANYWAY... nothing new to me.

by my calculations, i shouldn't have hit week 79 for another 4-5 weeks.
i talked to ESC maybe 3-4 weeks ago and they said "you still have a $5995 balance"

also, i have not gotten ANY letters for Tier 3 OR 4 but i obviously was put into them...

Old 10-31-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmboss View Post
Ok, thats where i am at. THIS WEEK it just showed benefits exhausted for me.

SAME as you, my claim shows a "lesser year 2 amt" even though what i am getting PAID is the same as year 1.

what i am wondering is, where am i at now that it JUST showed "exhausted" for me? should this go away?

i certified and it said i am going to get paid...and heres what you are waiting for I HAD TO ANSWER THE SUPPLIMENTAL QUESTIONS. BUT, i have to answer these same ones every ~8 weeks ANYWAY... nothing new to me.

by my calculations, i shouldn't have hit week 79 for another 4-5 weeks.
i talked to ESC maybe 3-4 weeks ago and they said "you still have a $5995 balance"

also, i have not gotten ANY letters for Tier 3 OR 4 but i obviously was put into them...
Hmmmm......
wow!
Sounds like you just finished a (tier) possibly 3?
Would that sound right to you?
Then it would say exhausted and then let you certify this week and roll you into tier 4(?)
They give you the same supplemental questions while your collecting benefits in the tiers. I know from what others have said that the supplemental questions are different for EB, so apparentally your not into EB yet.
It's really horrible we can't find out what tier we're in on our benefits page.

I know I certified for my last week of tier 4 today., I would've thought I'd get the "You have 2 weeks left" notice, but nope.
I should be in EB starting next week.
I've had it last summer and it showed in my benefits payment history and I recieved a letter also, but so much has changed now.

My guess is that you may be starting tier 4 and that balance they told you included the rest of 3 and now your tier 4.
I'm sure you'll get a letter if you qualify for EB after that.
Like many others have stated on here your Benefits exhausted (may) stay on your claim while you collect EB.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:24 PM

Sigh...for some strange reason, I can't access the measily $5 balance on my EPPI CARD!!!! Granted, it's not much...but jeez I certainly could've used it to buy a bag of Halloween candy. Anyone else having problems with their EPPI cards? Thanks a bunch in advance.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:12 PM

16 posts, read 28,575 times
I got a letter saying I have 5300 tier 4 dollars,yet I was put straight into EB.....so does that mean after EB, I still have tier 4 ???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina