Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2011, 09:07 AM

1 posts, read 3,874 times

Advertisements

I filed my weekly claim and it said I only have two weeks left,but my year does not end until 8-22-11--do I have to file a claim to continue or it said something about EUCO8--I do not want to lose UE-does anyone have a answer for me--THANKS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 10:46 AM

776 posts, read 1,684,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameson4761 View Post
I filed my weekly claim and it said I only have two weeks left,but my year does not end until 8-22-11--do I have to file a claim to continue or it said something about EUCO8--I do not want to lose UE-does anyone have a answer for me--THANKS
You get that two weeks or less message every time you reach the end of a particular program. You do not need to file a new claim until your year is over.

Once you fully exhaust the program you're currently in (whether it's one of the EUC tiers or regular UI)...they will automatically bump you to the next available program. All you have to do is to just continue certifying each week. You will then receive a monetary determination letter in the mail which will say whether or not you're eligible for the next program of benefits and how much you can draw. I can't say whether or not you will be approved for the next round of benefits...it kinda depends on where you are. If you're coming to the end of your regular UI (the first program of benefits that usually runs a max of 26 weeks), then you'll be shifted to Tier 1 EUC, if you qualify (If you don't qualify, they could see if you qualify for EB) . If you're in Tiers 1-4, you'll just move to the the next Tier. If you're at the end of Tier 4, you'll likely be pushed into EB. And after EB, there's probably nothing more for you to draw.

It also doesn't hurt to call a rep down there during this time to get a status on your claim, but no, do not file a new claim unless your benefit year has ended.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:16 PM

1 posts, read 3,775 times
ive been throught ecu 8.my eb started in middle dec last week it said my beneifit yr was exhausted.was told no more help untill congress passes a new bill..

Old 03-17-2011, 04:34 PM

59 posts, read 169,740 times
Hello,

It has been awhile since I have been on here...I would like to know if someone could shed some light on the non-tier 5 extension and the possible tier 1- being extended with additional 14 weeks.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:28 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterri522 View Post
Hello,

It has been awhile since I have been on here...I would like to know if someone could shed some light on the non-tier 5 extension and the possible tier 1- being extended with additional 14 weeks.
Not all that much to new really. It's 14 weeks of additional Tier 1 benefits...making Tier 1 a grand total of 34 weeks of benefits. I think it's HR 589. And it's really not going anywhere, at least until the budget passes. And even then, I'm not getting my hopes up. I just don't think it's going to happen.

Old 03-20-2011, 05:10 PM

1 posts, read 3,608 times
Default Expired Benefit Year...what next??

Hello all....

My benefit year has expired. Should I reapply online or should I speak to an agent at the NCESC?

Thanks!

Old 03-21-2011, 04:53 PM

3 posts, read 9,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol4life View Post
Hello all....

My benefit year has expired. Should I reapply online or should I speak to an agent at the NCESC?

Thanks!

If your benefit year expired, then yes you need to reapply online ASAP to continue receiving benefits. They should send you a letter telling you your next tier or benefit info, or you can check your claim status online in a day or so.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:00 PM

3 posts, read 9,806 times
Default EB Interstate Claim

Unfortunately I was forced to leave the state of NC and am still looking for employment. I am now in FL, which also is in an EB period (which it needs to be for me to qualify). I just reapplied online for EB on Sunday and logged on to check my claim status today. The ESC site now has me listed as an Interstate Liable Claimant. Under the EB details at the bottom of the status page it states that I am eligible for EB and the amount, however it also says that I have active issues. I tried calling ESC all day today and was not able to get through. Does anyone know why I would have active issues at this point? For each time I have reapplied I have not had this happen. Please help!

Old 03-23-2011, 08:09 AM

11 posts, read 31,801 times
Default Maximum Time for Unemployment ?

If a person was permanently laid off in Dec. 2008 (through no fault of his own), how long can he draw unemployment? As a matter of fact, this person was discriminated against, but didn't want to go through a lawsuit to try to prove it. He was 62-1/2 when he was laid off and partially handicapped. The company couldn't "single him out", but they "got him" in a company-wide layoff. He started drawing unemployment in January 2009 and has drawn ever since; however when he did his weekly certification online this week, he was told that he only had 2 weeks left. This means that to date, he has drawn unemployment for 2 years and 3 months. CAN THIS PERSON DRAW ANY MORE UNEMPLOYMENT...OR IS HE FINISHED? We have heard of instances where people have drawn for 3 years....is this ever possible?

Old 03-25-2011, 08:49 AM

83 posts, read 265,014 times
Seems like the board has slowed--probably due to the fact that so many people have fallen off unemployment rolls. My final update is that I have a week of EB to collect and so we had to attempt yet another benefit year to obtain the funds. The result is I will receive the final weekly EB amount, however, ESC said I'll receive a TON of paperwork in the mail, which I'm supposed to disregard. I guess the former employee will also get flooded with paperwork. My former employer will wonder if I'm trying to collect more money for an extended time, I'm sure, but that's not the case. I wish the State could withhold all of that paperwork so the former employer won't be confused. Good luck to everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina