Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2011, 04:37 PM

9 posts, read 11,860 times

Advertisements

Holwager, I got the same response from Rep. Stephen A. LaRoque "How many weeks have you receiving unemployment benefits?"

My original email:

Can you really sleep at night knowing that you're holding people hostage?

Legislature's disdain of jobless is appalling | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/05/06/2275234/legislatures-disdain-of-jobless.html - broken link)

What's your answer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2011, 04:57 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,759,335 times
Sorry if this is a duplicate. The comment section on this article is pretty high. I've been "training" this reporter to check in on this thread from time to time. Feel free to e-mail her direct. She's good at follow-up.

N.C. job seekers anxious about benefits debate | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/05/07/2278875/nc-job-seekers-anxious-about-benefits.html - broken link)

Old 05-07-2011, 05:17 PM

249 posts, read 304,845 times
Default LaRoque is disgusting!

[quote=cereid67;19058221]Holwager, I got the same response from Rep. Stephen A. LaRoque "How many weeks have you receiving unemployment benefits?"

Here's my next question from him:

"What kind of work are you looking for? Can you pass a drug test? Where are you located in our state?"

I need to wait before I respond because my blood pressure is through the roof and I don't want to use expletives with this poor excuse for a "leader."

Old 05-07-2011, 05:27 PM

Default I couldn't wait. . .

[quote=Holwager;19058542]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cereid67 View Post
Holwager, I got the same response from Rep. Stephen A. LaRoque "How many weeks have you receiving unemployment benefits?"

Here's my next question from him:

"What kind of work are you looking for? Can you pass a drug test? Where are you located in our state?"

I need to wait before I respond because my blood pressure is through the roof and I don't want to use expletives with this poor excuse for a "leader."
Here's my response:
Why can't you answer a simple question? Your sarcasm and insincerity is more than disgusting, especially coming from someone who was elected to lead and serve the people of North Carolina.

I am a successful college graduate who's been in the workforce for decades and never been unemployed before. I am a single mother trying to keep my son in a healthy environment while I find another position.

Despite your obvious opinion, which is ignorant I might add, not all unemployed people are drug addicts.

Old 05-07-2011, 05:47 PM

9 posts, read 11,860 times
Holwager, very well put. They need to stop playing game!!!!

Old 05-07-2011, 05:54 PM

14 posts, read 21,485 times
ESC NC Individual Services: Downloads

Form 506E is the one you want. Looks like there is space for three entries per week (it was two) but the text on the form and elsewhere on their site still says two contacts.

Old 05-07-2011, 06:00 PM

134 posts, read 172,647 times
I emailed LaJoque and let him know how long I was unemployed and that I could pass a drug test. I also ask how long the citizens of NC had been paying him to be sarcastic jerk. I really hope he responds, because I have a lot more sarcasm where that came from.

Old 05-07-2011, 06:08 PM

Default Hold up on LaRoque

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy terry View Post
I emailed LaJoque and let him know how long I was unemployed and that I could pass a drug test. I also ask how long the citizens of NC had been paying him to be sarcastic jerk. I really hope he responds, because I have a lot more sarcasm where that came from.
he responded and asked why I was being so defensive and that he didn't think I or other jobless were drug addicts. I responded and asked him directly why he would reject about $11 million per week circulating in the NC economy (he's a small business owner.) And that the defensiveness stems from being ignored by his colleagues as well as the Governor.

I will let you know if he replies.

Old 05-07-2011, 06:23 PM

134 posts, read 172,647 times
Your right I need to calm down and try to enjoy the rest of my weekend.

Old 05-07-2011, 06:28 PM

Default Happy Mother's Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy terry View Post
Your right I need to calm down and try to enjoy the rest of my weekend.
It's hard to calm down, I know. I don't want to start something in case he is willing to help us. Let's see if he responds to my last email. ;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina