Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2011, 01:04 PM

249 posts, read 304,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcde12 View Post
How would you have her compromise? So far, all talk of compromise has involved the great risk of taking away money from those who have very little and that sickens me.

I don't want poor people paying ransom money to the Republicans.
She's made no attempt to reach any sort of compromise. And, she's completely ignored the issue, which is even worse in my book.

I'm not asking her to give into their budget 100% but by definition of compromise they're going to have to meet in the middle somewhere or the damage will continue and reach further depths than just our unemployment issue.

Enough debating, let's just get this in the press. BOTH sides need to be asked the direct question; what are you going to do to resolve this issue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 01:04 PM

134 posts, read 172,684 times
Thom Tillis has a beautiful home in the Lake Norman area.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:08 PM

43 posts, read 56,483 times
What amazes me the most is that they can vote to make NASCAR the official sport of NC, but they feel it's ok to delay discussion on helping out the citizens that need their help the most. I guess the high paying Raleigh state-house jobs and exquisite office decor has blinded those folks to the fact that there are no jobs to be had in NC. If you have anything over a high school diploma, no one will hire you for fear of you leaving once the economy turns around and your chances to land a better job increase. If you have a Masters, forget it. You can't get a higher level job in local industry because of the same fear. They also seem to have forgotten that a whole heck of a lot of us voted for them and gave them those comfortable jobs they have now. Maybe they will go through with a bill that includes the ability to hold a recall vote.

264 posts, read 312,948 times
By all means. Their nannies and housekeepers can take care of our children and bring us their leftovers. The more I think about this the more FIRED UP I get. Ok, let me say, I'm not in dire straights YET because of lapse of UEB but I cannot predict the job market opening up in a speedy enough time frame to not exhaust my reserves. And once I've exhausted my retirement funds which I lost money from early withdrawal, my retirement funds will be depleted and will their be social security benefits available to me that I paid for?!

244 posts, read 311,363 times
State Lawmakers Revisit Expired Unemployment Benefits

Old 05-09-2011, 01:09 PM

Hmmm, let's go. I still have some tan oil left from last yr when I could afford to buy it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy terry View Post
Thom Tillis has a beautiful home in the Lake Norman area.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:11 PM

264 posts, read 363,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holwager View Post
She's made no attempt to reach any sort of compromise. And, she's completely ignored the issue, which is even worse in my book.

I'm not asking her to give into their budget 100% but by definition of compromise they're going to have to meet in the middle somewhere or the damage will continue and reach further depths than just our unemployment issue.

Enough debating, let's just get this in the press. BOTH sides need to be asked the direct question; what are you going to do to resolve this issue?
Give me an example of a compromise that doesn't have a great potential of hurting poor people.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:12 PM

134 posts, read 172,684 times
If I had not had to sell my car, I would head 77 north right now. I'm only a few miles from him.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:19 PM

I still have my ride thank God I didn't lose my mind and trade it last yr when I finally paid it off. It's not too bad on gas and has 3rd row seating. I'm for pulling a crowd together in a well organized representation of the masses.

I still can't get over the response from Stephen LaRoque. I hope his followers catch a glimpse of how he really supports his people. OUTRAGEOUS FAIL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy terry View Post
If I had not had to sell my car, I would head 77 north right now. I'm only a few miles from him.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:47 PM

249 posts, read 304,908 times
Default Not going down that road...

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcde12 View Post
Give me an example of a compromise that doesn't have a great potential of hurting poor people.

I'm here to focus on a solution in which EB gets reinacted, not to debate politics. Sorry, but I need to stay focused on the issue that put us all here together in the first place.

My only point was that Perdue hasn't offered a solution either... no one seems to be willing to budge an inch to come up with a solution. Now, my focus is to make sure the media lets ALL the citizens of NC know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina