Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2011, 08:05 AM

156 posts, read 190,112 times

Advertisements

I sent mail to Mr. Shultz and all the usual suspects. I kinda have the feeling this will be the week. If Bev had people over to the mansion, maybe there gonna agree to disagree on the EB issue. Pass it! They still have quite awhile for the budget, but alot of individuals have NO TIME for the EB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 08:11 AM

264 posts, read 313,024 times
Morning everyone. I've made my rounds to day with emails to the regulars and hit the President up again. I'm fighting a bit of a tooth ache today. I'm hoping to work through it. One good thing about a tooth ache is it totally cuts your appetite. Eating healthy when your broke is next to impossible so I'm looking at the positive side of this.

I'm going to be a follower today- let me know what needs to be done and I'll do my part.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:03 AM

134 posts, read 172,712 times
So sorry for the toothache, remember last week the same thing happened to me. Hope you feel better soon.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:13 AM

162 posts, read 193,446 times
what is it with teeth. One of my crowns has broken off, luckily no pain. I can feel some teeth starting to ache.
I will email Maddow and Schultz too.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:51 AM

169 posts, read 314,930 times
Default The Best Article

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcde12 View Post
Excellent article. What lends even more weight to the words of Harry Payne is that he's a former state legislator, former NC Labor Commissioner and former chairman of the ESC.
That was the best article I have written on this issue. It also has some serious credentials behind it. I am sure some representatives read that one.

I hope the "meeting" that the governor had at her mansion means that suffering people will soon be helped.

"It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their own selfish purposes."--Andrew Jackson

Hope something happens soon

Old 05-17-2011, 10:26 AM

108 posts, read 160,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryProf2011 View Post
That was the best article I have written on this issue. It also has some serious credentials behind it. I am sure some representatives read that one.

I hope the "meeting" that the governor had at her mansion means that suffering people will soon be helped.

"It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their own selfish purposes."--Andrew Jackson

You wrote that article?

Old 05-17-2011, 10:27 AM

49 posts, read 63,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryProf2011 View Post

I sent the N&O article to all of the news/media contacts in the Wilmington metro area. McComas represents our district and New Hanover County... it's time that his voters KNOW the political games he is playing. Another member of the committee holding HB 676 is Carolyn Justice. She is another one elected by my neighbors. One can only hope locally they'll pick up this info and let the people know who we've elected. How embarrassing!

Old 05-17-2011, 10:32 AM

169 posts, read 204,357 times
It's good to see some positive vibes on here this afternoon. I spent all morning applying for Food Stamps, well, waiting in line to apply for food stamps. The process was pretty quick after sitting down with the social worker but still humiliating. $200 a month for food really helps. I wish I applied a month ago.

I've had a really good attitude all morning since reading Harry Payne's article in the N&O. The media is finally telling OUR story!

Making my calls and emails now. Don't let up everyone!

CALL CALL CALL! Email too!

Old 05-17-2011, 10:49 AM

157 posts, read 182,219 times
Default Here is what I just got

Mr. XXXXX,

The Senate Republicans supported HB 383, which the Governor vetoed. This bill extended the Unemployment Benefits, allowed the government to operate in spite of the veto stamp, it would help avoid a major problem if not budget agreement is reached. We are now hoping 4 House Democrats will vote to override her veto.

We understand that this is not necessarily the response you wanted to hear, but it is what we are dealing with at the moment.

If you need further information please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Office of Senator Tom Apodaca
Chairman of Rules and Operations of the N.C. Senate
919-733-5745
2010 Legislative Building
16 West Jones Street
Raleigh, NC 27601

Sent: Monday, May 16, 2011 11:38 AM
To: Sen. Tom Apodaca
Subject: My last hope

Sen. Tom Apodaca, R.-Hendersonville, told the Citizen-Times editorial board last month that he expected “the nobler path to come” with a clean bill to restore those benefits.

What happened to" the nobler path"?

xxxxxxxx

Old 05-17-2011, 10:55 AM

156 posts, read 190,112 times
@infowanted, last week myself and others filled McComas's facebook page stating we now know that "YOU" sir are holding this back. How would your families and friends feel knowing that YOU are hurting your fellow citizens. They were taken off in like 2 minutes. Another thing thats weird, is how now I'm receiving updates about the issue of h676 from his office Man, I hope this is getting close...I feel it...but you just never know. I mean this has went on for a month now, the only thing I think thats gonna solve it, is the politicians scared about their futures and what folks think about them now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina