Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2011, 02:25 PM

230 posts, read 275,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettoize View Post
Do you think we will get back pay from the april 16?

Depends on your situatoin.. If you were already in EB it is suposed to be retro, if you were not in EB as of the 16th then by default it is not retro, but there is another plan to correct that as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 02:28 PM

157 posts, read 182,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
The quote is too vague, it could mean they are willing to separate it, or they are willing to compromise on the budget.

please don't burst my happy bubble. It's the most hope I have had in 4 weeks!

Old 05-20-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirledps View Post
please don't burst my happy bubble. It's the most hope I have had in 4 weeks!

Sorry, I dont want to, I have the happy bubble as well, but I was raised to look at things logically.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:30 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,510,143 times
Quote:
Their is a possibility of Tier 1 getting an additional 14 weeks, which is retro for everyone.. That is the help for 99ers. The bill in NC is to help those over 79 but under 99
So they are going to go back to Tier 1 and tack on an additional 14 weeks?
Thanks to you guys for trying to explain this....

Old 05-20-2011, 02:32 PM

29 posts, read 37,579 times
The fact that there is forward movement on the EB issue is a good thing in and of itself!!

Old 05-20-2011, 02:33 PM

64 posts, read 77,713 times
Quote:
Sorry, I dont want to, I have the happy bubble as well, but I was raised to look at things logically.
Logic has nothing to do with politics. You have to read between the lines. I see it as a glimmer of hope, but with cautious optimism. They could very well be going to try to pass the community service bill. That way they can say they backed down, but still, in the venacular, "stuck it to the man".

That's just my opinion, your mileage may vary.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:34 PM

45 posts, read 53,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini1girl View Post
So is this the same ole, same ole. They will leave it in the budget and she will not accept it?
Yes she will not accept it because the budget is going to include big cuts in education. She ran on a ticket that she was for education. Hopefully I am wrong. I will say this though great job everyone making us heard. I am confident this will be done before July 1st. Bev Perdue is setting us up for a let down by saying she would sign a clean bill in a days time. The still have another month to jockey around politically and if they are anything like Washington when it comes down to a budget it will come down to the wire. Hang in there everyone.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:38 PM

64 posts, read 77,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes2theskies View Post
Yes she will not accept it because the budget is going to include big cuts in education. She ran on a ticket that she was for education. Hopefully I am wrong. I will say this though great job everyone making us heard. I am confident this will be done before July 1st. Bev Perdue is setting us up for a let down by saying she would sign a clean bill in a days time. The still have another month to jockey around politically and if they are anything like Washington when it comes down to a budget it will come down to the wire. Hang in there everyone.

Perdue said she would sign a clean bill immediately a few weeks ago. She repeated that 2 days ago. She repeated it today. I don't know what news you are looking at, but the Rep leadership is backing down and offering an olive branch to let the EB bill go through. Do us all a favor and go back and look at the posts that link to news stories and videos. Be careful, you might just learn something.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:39 PM

244 posts, read 311,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
So they are going to go back to Tier 1 and tack on an additional 14 weeks?
Thanks to you guys for trying to explain this....
There has been no movement to pass a bill that will allow more than 99 weeks of unemployment. The discussion here pertains to those that were denied the 99 weeks.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerbob View Post
Logic has nothing to do with politics. You have to read between the lines. I see it as a glimmer of hope, but with cautious optimism. They could very well be going to try to pass the community service bill. That way they can say they backed down, but still, in the venacular, "stuck it to the man".

That's just my opinion, your mileage may vary.

No I agree, the logic part was in reading it, and seeing that he was being fork tongued, not straight forward like he should be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina