Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2011, 09:34 PM

69 posts, read 83,728 times

Advertisements

I told several of our legislatures that I am coming up there this weekend like a did last week. I have been told not to come up there due to the budget going on this week. I told Tillis's assistant that I was coming up there Monday Tuesday Wednesday...until something was done about our benefits. I told her that they were voted in to cut the budget not our throats. I was told that the solution of this crisis would be taken care of this week. So there will be no need for me to come up there in front of the press any longer so we shall see and if not I wil be up in the legislative building with my children and whoever else wants to go tell Phil Berger how sick and tired we are of living worse than the convicts in our prison system.

Keep those fingers crossed folks as it is high time for us all to be treated like people again and not like a pack of stray dogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 09:39 PM

20 posts, read 26,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningwolf1980 View Post
im getting a lil tired of the b.s. i have a wife and 4 kids our family is in great need of funds.....if i get turned down for one more job im not sure what ill do....

I hear you Brother. but I'm pretty sure you wouldnt do anything that would further impact your family in a negative way...

Hang in there.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:42 PM

20 posts, read 26,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg69innc View Post
I spoke to Thom Tillis's office assistant Monday morning, Tuesday morning, and Tuesday afternoon. All three times I was told that our benefits legislation is added to the Senate Budget however this should be in the governor's hands by June 15. The lady told me that a separate legislation of some kind was passing through the house and if the Senate could get done with the budget it is possible to see the legislation on Thursday afternoon and at the governor's mansions this weekend. I have refrained from writing this as I do not want to give anyone a false sense of hope. Keep your fingers crossed.

Keep the faith folks-Greg Smith

I am sticking by my earlier forecast of within 10 days.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:48 PM

174 posts, read 313,364 times
Gov. Perdue Announces 200 More Jobs With Electrolux | Charlotte News | Weather | Carolina Panthers | Bobcats | FOX Charlotte | NC News

Although everyone knows I'm not a Perdue fan this post isn't about her at all. This was the quickest link I could find for this. This post is more about the delusional pipe dream about job creation in this state. I have a friend that is working on the Electrolux Building Expansion. Part of his meetings are with the head of HR and the whole HR department. 125 out of those 200 jobs are ALREADY filled internally. But yet they are still taking applications for ALL positions. Applications that are obviously coming from unemployed or underemployed people like us.

This is the kind of stuff we are facing and will continue to face. As much as I dislike Stillunemployed's negative spin on everything. One thing he or she said rang true and that is 20 weeks from whenver EB gets reinstated, we will be in the same situation and even worse at the end of the year Federal and State benefits will end unless the same people who cant' agree on anything can all of the sudden agree to extended UI again. We are having smoke blown up our a** with lower unemployements media stats and miracle jobs annoucements. But look around you. Are things really getting better?

NO!

Continue to fight for EB but remember to take care of you first. I found that TRUE human beings actually listen to you and if they can they will help WAY before some politician will.

Old 05-25-2011, 03:46 AM

244 posts, read 311,383 times
UPDATE: Barber Elevator Video

The Rev. William Barber protesting for the 45,000 unemployed who have not received their federally funded benefits.

Barber Elevator 052411 on Vimeo

Old 05-25-2011, 05:17 AM

122 posts, read 161,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth2816 View Post
I am sticking by my earlier forecast of within 10 days.
This issue is going nowhere without the budget being settled!
Please I urge you all to make arrangements to be EB funding until August!!!
Don't wait act now to be sure you have housing and food!!!!

Old 05-25-2011, 05:20 AM

162 posts, read 193,432 times
Good Morning ready to send my emails.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:50 AM

249 posts, read 304,932 times
Here's a response today from Representative Tricia Ann Cotham:

"I am so sorry. I am a co-sponsor of the discharge position. It is shameful to play politics with people's lives. I'm very sorry. Please know that MANY of us are trying and advocating very hard to stop this injustice."

I then asked Rep. Cotham if she was aware of move for the House to vote on a separate bill. She responded:
"No, I am not. I have heard rumblings that they want to drug test and require community service."

Old 05-25-2011, 07:04 AM

244 posts, read 311,383 times
Breaking News:

Tillis comments in press conference they will take up the extension of unemployment benefits today. A continuing resolution that will be rolled out in rules committee this afternoon. Tillis says original continuing resolution attached to unemployment benefits was "bit aggressive".

Rules Committee Meets Wednesdays at 1:00 pm in 1327 LB

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/gascript...use+Standing_2

Last edited by laidoffafter50; 05-25-2011 at 07:18 AM..

Old 05-25-2011, 07:19 AM

21 posts, read 25,097 times
so what is he saying here?...hes going to run a clean bill?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina