Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2011, 08:25 AM

230 posts, read 275,459 times

Advertisements

Tillis said the House may revisit the unemployment fix next week, if lawmakers fail to reach a compromise on the budget.

bottom of House delays vote on restoring jobless checks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 08:42 AM

10 posts, read 11,768 times
U.S. Army Veteran 2005-2001.

I am willing to bet that Mr Tillis plans to "revisit" this issue next week to see how they can repackage this Budget AGAIN. They fail to understand the Governor is not going to sign off on anything like this where her power is degraded for the sake of EB. If it were her trying to compromise their negotiating power they would not stand for it either. WHEN will they get it through their thick skulls separate the issues and then negotiate the budget? I am willing to bet the Governor will be much more willing to take some of those cuts when the Legislature is no longer holding hostages. The United States has a policy of we don't negotiate with terrorist, why should the Governor? Now, it may sound like a stretch to use the word "terrorist" but after 6 weeks now, the suffering they have inflicted upon 45,000 family's, terrorist wish they could inflict.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:46 AM

24 posts, read 28,675 times
Default holwager

They don't care about the kids why vets I don't think they care about anyone. Its a holiday weekend and you just know they are all having cook out etc not thing about people who don't have anything to cook.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:46 AM

249 posts, read 304,932 times
Yes, that's what I mean. You veterans should contact the media with your stories. And thanks for serving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
I am pretty sure he meant in general.. If you give them a new story about veterans suffering on memorial day they will run it.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:48 AM

249 posts, read 304,932 times
Default Contrary

Maybe "they" don't care, but the public would care. If we can run a story like this about the vets it will pull more support from other voters unaffected by the EB and put more pressure for the politicians to come up with a solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingtohelp View Post
They don't care about the kids why vets I don't think they care about anyone. Its a holiday weekend and you just know they are all having cook out etc not thing about people who don't have anything to cook.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:54 AM

157 posts, read 182,212 times
I'm an Army vet. 1977-1981 stationed in Germany and Ft. Bragg and currently having my benefits held hostage like 45,000 other NC families. Wonder how many of our "leaders" actually served their country at all?? I doubt very few of them. Mostly spoiled rich kids who have had it handed to them like Laroach.
Wish the Delta Team would storm the GA.....

Old 05-27-2011, 08:56 AM

69 posts, read 83,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unemployedjoe View Post
U.S. Army Veteran 2005-2001.

I am willing to bet that Mr Tillis plans to "revisit" this issue next week to see how they can repackage this Budget AGAIN. They fail to understand the Governor is not going to sign off on anything like this where her power is degraded for the sake of EB. If it were her trying to compromise their negotiating power they would not stand for it either. WHEN will they get it through their thick skulls separate the issues and then negotiate the budget? I am willing to bet the Governor will be much more willing to take some of those cuts when the Legislature is no longer holding hostages. The United States has a policy of we don't negotiate with terrorist, why should the Governor? Now, it may sound like a stretch to use the word "terrorist" but after 6 weeks now, the suffering they have inflicted upon 45,000 family's, terrorist wish they could inflict.
I feel the word terrorist is mild. I also think that since we have been forced to live like this at home for six weeks that they ought to have to start our Unemployment benefits all over again and let them pay for it. Their ineptness has cost families homes, cars, health, and to return the six weeks of benefits to us is simply not going to return us to the place we were at six weeks ago.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:05 AM

16 posts, read 18,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirledps View Post
I'm an Army vet. 1977-1981 stationed in Germany and Ft. Bragg and currently having my benefits held hostage like 45,000 other NC families. Wonder how many of our "leaders" actually served their country at all?? I doubt very few of them. Mostly spoiled rich kids who have had it handed to them like Laroach.
Wish the Delta Team would storm the GA.....
Where in Germany were you stationed? I was in Augsburg 78 - 81 with the 1/36 FA located in the Reese Kaserne.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:19 AM

69 posts, read 83,728 times
I cant take it any longer I am tired of sitting here unable to keep my children from going hungry as I am completely broke and at the mercy of my fellowman. This is getting old.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:24 AM

25 posts, read 29,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg69innc View Post
I cant take it any longer I am tired of sitting here unable to keep my children from going hungry as I am completely broke and at the mercy of my fellowman. This is getting old.
lets start chocling the **** out of these "suits" i can see it now...headline "When politickin goes wrong"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina