Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2011, 02:59 PM

57 posts, read 70,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpAck View Post
This happened to me during the EUC08 freeze. I went beyond 4 weeks and when that happens, your claim gets locked and manual intervention is needed. If you're at or under 4 weeks behind in claiming, you can just catch up online or over the phone. Under normal circumstances, those who haven't certified in 5+ weeks need to go down to their office and get those back weeks straightened out by showing your worksearch forms and proving you were looking for work those weeks. These aren't normal circumstances, so those 5 weeks and over will probably have to do it over the phone.

Might be a little bit of trouble for some of you...but hey, it's finally passed, that's the most important part.
How do you know this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 03:01 PM

776 posts, read 1,683,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcar View Post
How do you know this?
Been there, done that. And had a great ESC rep helping along the way who provided this information to this thread.

Old 06-03-2011, 03:02 PM

157 posts, read 182,158 times
From the ESC website

http://www.ncesc1.com/PMI/News/Press..._EB_June3a.pdf

Old 06-03-2011, 03:08 PM

92 posts, read 93,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holwager View Post
Ddi you call your local office or the main office??
Main Office

Old 06-03-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcar View Post
So monday we will see the funds on our debit cards? That means the max multiplied by 8 for me, Yes!

Old 06-03-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpAck View Post
Been there, done that. And had a great ESC rep helping along the way who provided this information to this thread.
I am glad you Verified my quote.. So you understand.. actually the office was very straight forward is all I can say.

Old 06-03-2011, 03:23 PM

118 posts, read 143,285 times
Has anyone been able to find out if it will be retro for everyone or just those who were allready on eb. please advise thanks

Old 06-03-2011, 03:25 PM

249 posts, read 304,845 times
Retro for everyone as long as you can prove that you have been unemployed and searching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lw2011 View Post
Has anyone been able to find out if it will be retro for everyone or just those who were allready on eb. please advise thanks

Old 06-03-2011, 03:25 PM

776 posts, read 1,683,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by designnewz View Post
I am glad you Verified my quote.. So you understand.. actually the office was very straight forward is all I can say.
This was in reference to an old post (probably back in the page 200's somewhere) from jdljr, our NCESC rep. During last summer's EUC08 freeze, I wasn't able to certify for like, 8 weeks. jdljr advised us that if you haven't certified in over 4 weeks, your claim is in essence, locked and needs to be manually reopened. That's certainly why it's good you called today and not waited on Monday, which likely would've been your 5th week. There were a flood of people affected back then, so the reps just got us caught up over the phone.

Of course, that was EUC08 and this is EB...so they may need to treat it a little differently. But judging by your post...it sounds like they're using the same process.

Old 06-03-2011, 03:29 PM

118 posts, read 143,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holwager View Post
Retro for everyone as long as you can prove that you have been unemployed and searching.
thanks a million my friend that means my lights stay on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina