Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2011, 06:44 AM

264 posts, read 363,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazeja View Post
If a budget isn't agreed on then we'll be back. Eb could get shut down again if the gov shuts down
You mean because the state ESC employees wouldn't be there to process the payments? If a government shutdown were to happen, it's not likely to be as long as the EB stalemate was and retroactivity will apply.

But whether the state government shuts down or not, I advise all unemployed people to spend their money as carefully and wisely as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 08:15 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,208,495 times
Speaker Tillis gives his employees 27% raises while unemployed suffer.

N.C. House Speaker Tillis gives his staff fat raises - Politics - NewsObserver.com

Old 06-11-2011, 08:49 AM

44 posts, read 63,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleman73 View Post
Have the party of 5 changed their minds? If they haven't I think everything will go through.
It doesn't matter. No budget means agencies like NCESC shut down, so no EB checks will be sent out.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:52 AM

44 posts, read 63,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullCity75 View Post
Speaker Tillis gives his employees 27% raises
No big deal. He just gave them raises to make their salaries the same as other people in the government. Think of it this way - he saved $84,000 by underpaying them for a year!

Old 06-11-2011, 06:04 PM

191 posts, read 218,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichaelp View Post
It doesn't matter. No budget means agencies like NCESC shut down, so no EB checks will be sent out.
well if they havent, that means there is a veto proof majority, and it will pass either way

Old 06-11-2011, 06:48 PM

118 posts, read 143,285 times
wow everyone split lol they will be back when they pay bills As for me, money came but to late, I gotta move within 10 days,,,, but found a place today and its one more bed room than I have now and room for my pittbull to play,, lol, if he could, being he,s 8 yrs old and weighs 90 lbs, he can hardly walk

Old 06-12-2011, 09:28 AM

174 posts, read 313,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcde12 View Post
You mean because the state ESC employees wouldn't be there to process the payments? If a government shutdown were to happen, it's not likely to be as long as the EB stalemate was and retroactivity will apply.

But whether the state government shuts down or not, I advise all unemployed people to spend their money as carefully and wisely as possible.

Yes with no paychecks I seriously doubt any of them will go into work. As for spending wisely , all of my back money is gone already. I had two months of rent and utility bills to pay. I'm not receiving anymore payments because my part-time jobs are over the allowed amount. I just hope everyone else if aware that the budget is the next obstacle.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:38 AM

174 posts, read 313,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleman73 View Post
Have the party of 5 changed their minds? If they haven't I think everything will go through.
I'm not sure, but the GOV can hold on to it for 10 days which is a lot of time to work on the party of 5. if they do change their minds then negotiations will start over and then only have 15 days to work itself out. Unless they extend the deadline. I think the budget will get worked out somehow. They will not go without paychecks .

Old 06-12-2011, 10:15 AM

29 posts, read 37,580 times
Hi everyone! I hope all of you are doing better these days.

Thank you to all who have kept this forum going and to Sunny for hosting it. If a new one forms I will gladly follow it.
You all take care and best of luck finding new employment. I do hope life treats us all a little better down the road as you tread forward. =o)

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 06-13-2011 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: sorry edited due to it was causing thread to go off topic

Old 06-12-2011, 05:01 PM

2 posts, read 3,392 times
Default Short Term Contracts and NC Unemployment

I hope someone can answer this question. The following applies:

1. a person is employed under a short term contract - 3 months
2. also drawing unemployment and the original claim period ends
3. the contract work ends before the original claim period ends

Question: Will the person's new unemployment claim be drawn from the short-term employer,both, or the full-time employer for which the person's original claim was made?

I ask because I'm under the impression that no Unemployment Insurance payments would be forthcoming from a short term contractor.

Thanks,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina