U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 07:28 PM

1,111 posts, read 3,229,854 times

Advertisements

Elnene2k.....Thirty year ago I was behind a car at a redlight. The mother who was driving instructed her kid to open the passenger door and drop out a full cardboard McDonalds' tray with a bag of trash and two large cups. I was in my Postal Jeep. It was almost the first incident of "disgruntled Postal worker".
I almost crashed into her a$$ end but I'd have been fired. She shoulda been shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2007, 01:15 PM

149 posts, read 423,774 times
looks like some of the highways in CA....tons of trash there too....

Old 05-16-2007, 01:42 PM

2,078 posts, read 5,022,098 times
It's those darn people from NJ. One of my neighbors is from there and we were riding down 64 in my car a while back. We had just stopped and picked up a drink and a snack. When he gets done with his candy bar he rolled his window down and threw his trash out while we were rolling down the highway. I looked at him and told him never to do that in my car again. I couldn't believe he did that! And this man is no young kid either, 42 years old.

Old 05-16-2007, 01:45 PM

287 posts, read 1,362,956 times
Unless you specifically saw NJ on the license plates, stop blamming northerners!! You guys kill me if you live in NY or NJ you would know why most move there and its because its to expensive here. You telling me no one in N.C. dont litter? Yh...Whatever!

Old 05-16-2007, 02:42 PM

2,078 posts, read 5,022,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by settlepa
Unless you specifically saw NJ on the license plates, stop blamming northerners!! You guys kill me if you live in NY or NJ you would know why most move there and its because its to expensive here. You telling me no one in N.C. dont litter? Yh...Whatever!
Dude, chill out. Any person with a normal intelligence would be able to tell that the first sentence was tongue in cheek. The story is true, the first sentence was kidding around. BTW, my family originated in PA and I'm from MD so don't give me a hard time. BTW, MD has the 5th or 6th highest COL in the nation. It's expensive there too.

Old 09-09-2007, 10:28 AM

1 posts, read 2,369 times
Default Trash Problem!

in Charlotte, NC. Please help this Community!
Attached Thumbnails
TRASH!!! The biggest problem with NC-sept-2007-040.jpg   TRASH!!! The biggest problem with NC-sept-2007-042.jpg  

Old 09-09-2007, 10:43 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,470,348 times
I see two problems there not enough dumpters for that aparment complex or townhome complex and management not scheduling enough pick up.

BTW the highways are cleaner due to state subcontracted workers who are only responsible for picking up trash and fixing broken signs.

Old 09-10-2007, 03:42 PM

23 posts, read 58,064 times
I agree I have been across the USA and lived in a few of the most popular place as in the Orlando and them beaches the costal area of fl. The litter here in this state is on the up rise ,seem like no one relly care. I travel 2-4 times a week from GSO to Raleigh thue Chapel Hill and Cary it seem to be getting worse. I have alwat belive the inmate working on the road was a GREAT Ideal Frsh Air and a chance to do some good. In Fla they have even had teens doing it! I hope we will make a chage for the better soon. Maybe give heavy fine like the one for speeding in VA. Even higher for NC People that should care for their on state!

Old 09-10-2007, 04:33 PM

21,956 posts, read 21,441,104 times
Hey guys...the trash is everywhere. All across the states. Sure maybe you and I would not throw our trash out the car window but sadly not everyone thinks the way we do. I try to do my best by taking a trash bag along with me when I take a walk. No, it's not my trash I'm picking up...no, I don't like picking up after someone else...I do however enjoy looking around my area and not seeing the trash. If I wait until they get a crew out by our area to clean things up who knows how long that could be? If each person just took a trash bag when taking a walk and p/u some of the trash you'd be amazed at how much nicer it would look. Give it a try!! You'd be getting some of that much needed exercise as well!

Old 09-10-2007, 04:39 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,294,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Hey guys...the trash is everywhere. All across the states. Sure maybe you and I would not throw our trash out the car window but sadly not everyone thinks the way we do. I try to do my best by taking a trash bag along with me when I take a walk. No, it's not my trash I'm picking up...no, I don't like picking up after someone else...I do however enjoy looking around my area and not seeing the trash. If I wait until they get a crew out by our area to clean things up who knows how long that could be? If each person just took a trash bag when taking a walk and p/u some of the trash you'd be amazed at how much nicer it would look. Give it a try!! You'd be getting some of that much needed exercise as well!
Bravo Cyn! My husband and I do the same when we walk (heck, even when we are out in the middle of nowhere hiking!).

It really bothers me that people are apparently not being raised anymore by parents who teach them better than to filth up the world they live in.

Maybe it's time to bring back the first original "earth day" type commercial where the American Indian stood there surveying all the trash and pollution in his environment while that one tear rolled down his cheek. Remember that one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina