Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 08:50 AM

616 posts, read 1,751,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by XcapefromNJ View Post
I have stopped certifying weekly because I can't meet the requirement of contacting 2 potential employers each week. I can't find 2 potential employers of any kind to contact.
I know what you mean ... but can you at least use a site like indeed.com and find several possibilities to "contact"? Filling out an employment form on the web and submitting it is a contact ... sending your resume to a recruiter and possibly talking with the recruiter on the phone is a contact ... and so on.

Keep track of all of your contacts, even if you feel like there wasn't much chance of being hired. I keep mine in a spreadsheet, and create a PDF of each ad so I can refer back instead of relying on memory.

By not certifying weekly you are really going to whack out your benefit year, etc.

Good luck!

Old 08-03-2009, 09:07 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,826,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcornwell View Post
I know what you mean ... but can you at least use a site like indeed.com and find several possibilities to "contact"? Filling out an employment form on the web and submitting it is a contact ... sending your resume to a recruiter and possibly talking with the recruiter on the phone is a contact ... and so on.

Keep track of all of your contacts, even if you feel like there wasn't much chance of being hired. I keep mine in a spreadsheet, and create a PDF of each ad so I can refer back instead of relying on memory.

By not certifying weekly you are really going to whack out your benefit year, etc.

Good luck!
That's what I need to do is create an excel spreadsheet, especially so I don't get too rusty in excel!

Old 08-03-2009, 09:12 AM

716 posts, read 1,544,362 times
Maybe jobs will start being created once the stimulus dollars start flowing?

Old 08-03-2009, 09:26 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,464,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteCharlotte View Post
Maybe jobs will start being created once the stimulus dollars start flowing?

Right! Dream on! Joke of the Day!

Old 08-03-2009, 09:31 AM

716 posts, read 1,544,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
:d:d:d:d:d

right! Dream on! Joke of the day!

lol

Old 08-03-2009, 09:40 AM

43 posts, read 134,366 times
The unemployment office does verify information on what seems to be a random basis. I have to appear tomorrow and bring all my work contact records. I have been pretty good about keeping records but I have 2 three week periods where I don't have anything on record. The first, in Feb. and I can't get old records due to a hard drive failure on 7/9/09. And of course this month. I am mortified. I have not even looked. I moved on the 11th and with no pc or phone for employers to contact me at...well... I let it slip
Anyone ever been to one of these reviews?

Old 08-03-2009, 10:09 AM

240 posts, read 1,021,803 times
Don't laugh. I received on of those recovery jobs two weeks ago. Unfortunately , I'm moving in two weeks back to overpriced MD. I will be working for the Dept. of Health and Human Services and helping them keep track of the 2 Billion they gave to community health centers across the country to provide healthcare for those uninsured (many due to recent unemployment).

I'm happy about the job but not happy about the move. But I have to work. I have still been applying to jobs in Charlotte but no calls.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:29 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,826,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washingtonian View Post
Don't laugh. I received on of those recovery jobs two weeks ago. Unfortunately , I'm moving in two weeks back to overpriced MD. I will be working for the Dept. of Health and Human Services and helping them keep track of the 2 Billion they gave to community health centers across the country to provide healthcare for those uninsured (many due to recent unemployment).

I'm happy about the job but not happy about the move. But I have to work. I have still been applying to jobs in Charlotte but no calls.
So sorry to hear that you have to move. Right about now I would probably fall over in shock if I received a call regarding a job.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:44 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,700,416 times
How does one rise from the fustration that must set in after so many rejections or "no call backs"? How do you set the bar a touch higher each day so as to not lose hope?

Do you have a regemented program set for the day? Do you belong to help groups? Or, do you give up and put your mind in another place?

I'm thinking how I would do it and can't conceive how it's done after a few months of being out of the labor force.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:01 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,513,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteCharlotte View Post
The unemployment office doesn't even follow up do they? I know when I file it will ask you "Have you filed atleast 2 applications" everyone just usually clicks "yes"
With the extensions they are following through more & more. I have several people comment that they are been asked to provide *proof* and their search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina