U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-15-2009, 11:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,119 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am a 40-something y.o single active female considering relocating from Illinois to Fayetteville. I have not heard a lot of great things aobut living in this town and would love feedback/information about surrounding areas to live. I enjoy most all outdoor activity (running, cycling, hiking, etc) and would also like to develop social network with some similarly-aged single professionals. I think Raleigh would be nice but the commute too long. I am ok w/ a 40-45 minute commute. I am a little nervous about the culture change from big city to small town - but heck, not really much of a shopper. Please help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 06:35 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,090,416 times
There are plenty of nice safe places in the Fayetteville area to live and still enjoy the activities you like. I'm partial to the Hope Mills side of town. The wife and I are building a new home in the Grays Creek area. Hope Mills has a nice running trail around the city park. There are a couple of really nice townhouse developments in Fayetteville that are upscale and great for singles if you are looking to buy. Have you made a trip to visit yet? On the other side of town is the Cape Fear River trail which is very nice. If you need any detailed info just let me know.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:13 AM

1 posts, read 994 times
Hope Mills is really nice as the other poster mentioned there is a really nice trail around the city park, library, municpal bldgs. Hope Mills also has great schools for kids and/or resale value. They are also building up the shopping district and putting in a 14 screen theater in town so you don't always have to drive into Fayetteville (not that the 15 minutes will kill you). I have lived in the area for 2 years but am looking to move for more work opportunities. I have not found too many mom and pop shops, most businesses are chain in the area. The weather is nice for the most part, with southern mild winters but you still get a chance to see snow once in awhile.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:26 AM

44 posts, read 163,284 times
I grew up in small town Illinois and I have to tell you I like NC much more than IL. Fayetteville isn't the best but it could be worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina