Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 02:21 AM

1,126 posts, read 3,854,211 times

Advertisements

Where would be a good spot to purchase land for investment? Good area. No mobile homes allowed. Small area, so its cheap and I can sit on it. City or county water.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2006, 10:32 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,030,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoAlley
Where would be a good spot to purchase land for investment? Good area. No mobile homes allowed. Small area, so its cheap and I can sit on it. City or county water.

Thanks
Mountain land used to be within a reasonable price: $5-7K/acre. You might still find some for $12-14K, but it's pretty rough land. Farm land within reach of the metro areas would be a good investment, but it's getting quite expensive. There's a 127 acre tract a few miles from me, but it is listed at $2.1 million. That's probably because a new school is being built (to hold the current population of school kids. build another subdivision on that 127 acres and people will start screaming again about the schools being crowded. )

Do a google for the United Country site. They are a good resource for finding plain ol' land. Also, for the limited area encompassing the counties surrounding Winston-Salem, look for the Bryant Brantely site.

For the small investor, it's going to be a lot of research and crossing your fingers. If you have millions, you can scarf up some large tracts that will almost certainly see development in the next 5-10 years.

Old 07-15-2006, 10:43 AM

2,290 posts, read 2,470,626 times
Quote:

Thanks
Check the Kannapolis area. If you buy now and sit you will probably do well. That's if it's not bought up already.

Old 07-15-2006, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700
Check the Kannapolis area. If you buy now and sit you will probably do well. That's if it's not bought up already.
I just did a quick search using the KREA real estate agency (they've been around for over 60 years). I YI YI $25K will get you 0.627 acres - and that's with city water and a septic tank. I know that the large speculators have already started swooping in. A couple weeks back when I rode down to that area and took pictures of the biotech construction site, I had lunch at a small grill in downtown Kannapolis. I talked to the grill owner, who is also active in the community development arena, and asked him about growth. He said that a week doesn't go by that some developer from the NE or FL calls and asks if there are any large parcels for sale in the Kannapolis/Landis/China Grove area.

Old 07-15-2006, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing
I just did a quick search using the KREA real estate agency (they've been around for over 60 years). I YI YI $25K will get you 0.627 acres - and that's with city water and a septic tank. I know that the large speculators have already started swooping in. A couple weeks back when I rode down to that area and took pictures of the biotech construction site, I had lunch at a small grill in downtown Kannapolis. I talked to the grill owner, who is also active in the community development arena, and asked him about growth. He said that a week doesn't go by that some developer from the NE or FL calls and asks if there are any large parcels for sale in the Kannapolis/Landis/China Grove area.

I knew it! keep you eye focused on this area it is gonna boom like crazy. Whose ever interested in RE for a profit should speak now or forever hold your peace. LOL

Old 07-15-2006, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Good job! I went to Realtor dot com and found some land there. Not bad.

Old 07-15-2006, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Good job! I went to Realtor dot com and found some land there. Not bad.

Oh really? I need to look into that too.

Old 07-15-2006, 11:34 AM

1acre for approx $35k.

Old 07-15-2006, 09:46 PM

Quote:
1acre for approx $35k.
Nice that sounds great!

Old 07-16-2006, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Nice that sounds great!
BIG CHANGE

I can remember when people used to say "Kannapolis? You live there?" And then display a moue of distaste

a1m1700, you ought to drive over and check out the downtown area next time you're around and have time. It was Murdoch's project, back in the 80s, and he can be justifiably proud in the renovation. Nowadays, the business area is going through a slump (this from talking to that grill owner) and the people running the shops are not happy at the town poobahs. They feel that all the emphasis is being placed on promoting the biotech campus, and very little on promoting the downtown area. They are being told "once the campus takes off, a boom will follow", but the shopkeepers are saying "yeahhh, but that's still aways down the road. we have to make a living now!"

Btw, those pictures were taken on a Friday afternoon. It was not busy .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina