U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 12:53 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,650,005 times

Advertisements

I think over the next 1-2 maybe even 3 yrs, as areas are being built out new ones are starting, I think they are building 400 homes in Mooresvile, south char too, there are a lot of new areas....triange holly springs, faq var and wake forest appear to be the area with new developments as cary and apex have reached their peak (I think)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2006, 03:23 PM

110 posts, read 365,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weis02
I think over the next 1-2 maybe even 3 yrs, as areas are being built out new ones are starting, I think they are building 400 homes in Mooresvile, south char too, there are a lot of new areas....triange holly springs, faq var and wake forest appear to be the area with new developments as cary and apex have reached their peak (I think)

The Lake Norman area is exploding with growth so bad that in a year or two they might as well converge all the towns and cities on the lake into one big city. They are pretty much all connected now anyways.

Old 07-15-2006, 08:23 PM

50 posts, read 209,342 times
Lake Adger has a very nice development around it. (Google Lake Adger for more information on the area.) There are both lake lots and off-lake lots available. Some of the off-lake lots include a marina slip where you can park your boat.

Lake Adger does not allow jet skies or water skiing. Some people see this as a disadvantage, but many find it wonderful to be able to enjoy the peace and quiet of the lake without these distractions.

The Lake Adger community is extremely active. There are card groups, a tennis group, a hiking group, a garden club, and others. There are also socials every two months where people can get to know others in the community.

Lake Adger is less than an hour from Greenville-Spartanburg airport and about an hour and a half from the Charlotte airport.

Most of the people in the community are transplants, so newcomers feel right at home from the beginning.

The drawback to the area is a lack of jobs.

Old 07-16-2006, 06:06 AM

1,118 posts, read 4,370,206 times
Just stopping by to say THANK YOU for the responses! This information is very helpful, thank you for your insight!

Old 07-16-2006, 09:29 AM

8 posts, read 20,451 times
Default Sanctuary will be beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700
They can get a nice Lake Front home in Lake Norman. I know of 4 new Lake subdivisions in that price range. Lake Norman is north of Charlotte up I77 starts off about 17 miles north and goes up from there. I can't find my link to that new home sight right now but I'll continue to look and PM you on it.
I don't think 500 - 700 K will get them in the Sanctuary near Lake Wylie, but if they can swing another 300K, they will be in one of the nicest Lake Front "neighborhoods" in the Charlotte area.

They even have their own neighborhood conceirge person.

1 - 3 million dollar (plus) mansions being built. Gorgeous, gorgeous!!!!

Old 07-16-2006, 10:30 AM

2,301 posts, read 1,892,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeffcott
I don't think 500 - 700 K will get them in the Sanctuary near Lake Wylie, but if they can swing another 300K, they will be in one of the nicest Lake Front "neighborhoods" in the Charlotte area.

They even have their own neighborhood conceirge person.

1 - 3 million dollar (plus) mansions being built. Gorgeous, gorgeous!!!!

Lake Norman has over 500 miles of coastline it looks the the Ocean. I saw a slide show of the houses around that lake Wowee.

Lake Wylie is nice too but didn't float my boat like Norman LOL

I'm still looking for that link for the new construction. I didn't forget. That' how I ran into the Lake Norman slide show.

Old 07-16-2006, 05:48 PM

295 posts, read 1,192,819 times
What about the other, smaller lakes near Charlotte? Do people not really live on these lakes?

(i.e. - High Rock Lake, Moss Lake, Lake Hickory, Lake James, etc.)

Old 07-16-2006, 07:31 PM

1,531 posts, read 6,834,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adream
Anything in the Triangle area, or lake areas that are just getting under way?
Most of the big major lakes in the Triangle (Jordan, Falls, etc) either have building restrictions on them or are going to, since they are critical area drinking water reserves. In addition, most of the land immediately surrounding those lakes are parklands.
There are also riparian buffer rules to keep development from getting to close to rivers & streams that feed into those watersheds.

Not to sound negative, but unlike the communities around Lake Norman, the communities around the lakes in the Triangle actually care a bit more about the water quality of those lakes, therefore uncontrolled rampant development on them is not as likely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina