Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 10:21 AM

1,118 posts, read 4,758,007 times

Advertisements

Had dinner with old friends last night, and we were talking about future retirement locales. I mentioned places we are going to investigate, NC being one of them, and they mentioned that they will be checking out NC!

>>They would like to find a lake property since they would like to get a small boat, and would like their own dock.

>>They will have a business to sell within the next 1 - 2 years, so they'll be in good shape financially. Their price range for a house would be in the $500,000 - $700,000 range. Nice, huh?

>>They would like to have a new house built, are there new lakefront developments underway, or just beginning?

>>They are very social people, and like to travel, have grown kids and grandkids from one end of the east coast to the other - literally, Vermont to Florida and points in between so NC is in the middle of that spread.
Their criteria is a place where there is lots to do and people to do it with, and within 1-1/2 hours to an international airport.

They are not sure which areas to look in. Triangle area, Charlotte area? Where will they get the most for their money, have the most fun, which lake communities are very social with a year-round population, not just 2nd home owners?

They read retirement magazines, but are not computer/internet people.
I told them that I know JUST the place to pose this question for terrific information! I'll be printing out the responses to pass onto them.

[CENTER]TIA - Any information greatly appreciated![/CENTER]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2006, 10:42 AM

2,290 posts, read 2,472,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adream
Had dinner with old friends last night, and we were talking about future retirement locales. I mentioned places we are going to investigate, NC being one of them, and they mentioned that they will be checking out NC!

>>They would like to find a lake property since they would like to get a small boat, and would like their own dock.

>>They will have a business to sell within the next 1 - 2 years, so they'll be in good shape financially. Their price range for a house would be in the $500,000 - $700,000 range. Nice, huh?

>>They would like to have a new house built, are there new lakefront developments underway, or just beginning?

>>They are very social people, and like to travel, have grown kids and grandkids from one end of the east coast to the other - literally, Vermont to Florida and points in between so NC is in the middle of that spread.
Their criteria is a place where there is lots to do and people to do it with, and within 1-1/2 hours to an international airport.

They are not sure which areas to look in. Triangle area, Charlotte area? Where will they get the most for their money, have the most fun, which lake communities are very social with a year-round population, not just 2nd home owners?

They read retirement magazines, but are not computer/internet people.
I told them that I know JUST the place to pose this question for terrific information! I'll be printing out the responses to pass onto them.

TIA - Any information greatly appreciated!

They can get a nice Lake Front home in Lake Norman. I know of 4 new Lake subdivisions in that price range. Lake Norman is north of Charlotte up I77 starts off about 17 miles north and goes up from there. I can't find my link to that new home sight right now but I'll continue to look and PM you on it.

Old 07-15-2006, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700
They can get a nice Lake Front home in Lake Norman. I know of 4 new Lake subdivisions in that price range. Lake Norman is north of Charlotte up I77 starts off about 17 miles north and goes up from there. I can't find my link to that new home sight right now but I'll continue to look and PM you on it.
Thank you, that would be great!
Is that the type of community where people ride up the lake, dock their boats to visit neighbors? I've heard of communities like that, fun and social, people move there from all over, and that is what our friends are hoping to find. Heck, me too!

Is Lake Norman the name of the town as well?
THANK YOU AGAIN!

Old 07-15-2006, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adream
Thank you, that would be great!
Is that the type of community where people ride up the lake, dock their boats to visit neighbors? I've heard of communities like that, fun and social, people move there from all over, and that is what our friends are hoping to find. Heck, me too!

Is Lake Norman the name of the town as well?
THANK YOU AGAIN!

I know if I had the money I would buy there too. Lake Norman I think is the name of the town. I know I can find that link.

Old 07-15-2006, 11:49 AM

1,126 posts, read 3,855,162 times
Davidson and Kannapolis are also. I had to type fast so A1M didn't post it :P

Old 07-15-2006, 11:55 AM

1,502 posts, read 4,084,566 times
Quote:
I know if I had the money I would buy there too. Lake Norman I think is the name of the town. I know I can find that link.

Lake Norman is just the name of the lake. There are several towns that border the lake.

Mooresville, Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson, Denver, and many more smaller towns border that lake.

Lake Norman is rapidly being built out.

Old 07-15-2006, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native
Lake Norman is just the name of the lake. There are several towns that border the lake.

Mooresville, Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson, Denver, and many more smaller towns border that lake.

Lake Norman is rapidly being built out.

That's what I was gonna say but I really wasn't sure what it was if you were directly on the water.

Old 07-15-2006, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoAlley
Davidson and Kannapolis are also. I had to type fast so A1M didn't post it :P

You are sooooooo funny!!!!

Old 07-15-2006, 12:07 PM

1,126 posts, read 3,855,162 times
Quote:
You are sooooooo funny!!!!

Old 07-15-2006, 12:45 PM

[quote=Carolina_native]Lake Norman is just the name of the lake. There are several towns that border the lake.

Lake Norman is rapidly being built out.[/QUOTE]
Oh, so a one to two year time frame for a new house there might be too late?

Anything in the Triangle area, or lake areas that are just getting under way?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina