Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2009, 09:01 AM

25 posts, read 53,131 times

Advertisements

Can anyone post some info and links on some of the best subdivisions in N. Carolina. Looking to move south soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 07:50 AM

138 posts, read 418,922 times
Wow! That's a very vague question. What part of North Carolina are you looking? What size houses? What price range?

Old 09-12-2009, 10:16 AM

2 posts, read 8,943 times
There is a subdivision in Browns Summit, NC called Wellington. Just North of Greensboro. Great amenities, pool, clubhouse, fitness room. All in a great price range. Some of the best schools in the area. Lots of great people live here, all age ranges. We absolutely love it.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:17 AM

1,492 posts, read 7,713,465 times
Many move to the south to avoid things like subdivisions. You may want to get a realtor or do the mls research online.

Old 09-06-2014, 07:13 PM

4 posts, read 9,324 times
Question Following up on an old post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieT17 View Post
There is a subdivision in Browns Summit, NC called Wellington. Just North of Greensboro. Great amenities, pool, clubhouse, fitness room. All in a great price range. Some of the best schools in the area. Lots of great people live here, all age ranges. We absolutely love it.

Hello, I was just wondering if you are still happy in Wellington. I realized this post is about 5 years old, so I thought I would ask since we are considering it. I am a bit worried about seeing several houses sitting on the market for a while. Is there a reason such a great neighborhood with nice homes, great schools, and great prices wouldn't be able to turnover homes quickly? Has there been any indication that redistricting to Northeast might be happening since these homes sit right on the edge of that school's boundary? Any help would be much appreciated.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:01 AM

1 posts, read 2,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmerk View Post
Hello, I was just wondering if you are still happy in Wellington. I realized this post is about 5 years old, so I thought I would ask since we are considering it. I am a bit worried about seeing several houses sitting on the market for a while. Is there a reason such a great neighborhood with nice homes, great schools, and great prices wouldn't be able to turnover homes quickly? Has there been any indication that redistricting to Northeast might be happening since these homes sit right on the edge of that school's boundary? Any help would be much appreciated.

You can't buy a home based off of what the the school zones "Could Be". You buy on what they ARE! Schools will always be built and districts will always be re-organized. I've lived in Wellington for over 5 years. The community is very strong when it comes to organizing in order to do whats best for the neighborhood. Whenever redistricting comes around, the entire community gets involved and their children's schools are extremely important. The community shows up in force when it comes to schooling and property value changing events. There are some very powerful and influential people within the community and they aren't going anywhere.

The reason you see some homes staying on the market is just simply the real estate market. This is a community that brings in families with multiple children and thus need the space to house their larger families. The few homes that you see staying on the market are the smaller homes or ones that are on poorly designed and thought out lots. You're not going to sell a house in any community that sits on a backyard with a 70 degree incline towards a pond very quickly. This community also offers the ability to build a new home, so some choose to do this instead of buying an established residence. The main/older portion of Wellington doesn't keep a house on the market for more than a few weeks. So if you're seeing one that is sitting, it's most likely the poorly designed one on Dorwood or the very cute house on the corner of Cripplegate/Dorwood. Those aren't selling because of the market, not because of school zones. Northeast school will never be a factor and you'll see the lines of northern head further east which will give the district worriers some room to breathe. I just know better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina