U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-06-2009, 09:03 AM

25 posts, read 14,371 times
Default Looking for info on the best subdivisions in North Carolina.

Can anyone post some info and links on some of the best subdivisions in N. Carolina. Looking to move south soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 09:09 AM

6,056 posts, read 8,551,596 times
That's like asking what the best street is on Long Island.

You need to define "best" (especially as far as $$$$) and define an area. There are kabillions of subdivisions in North Carolina.

Everyone thinks theirs is best because they chose to live in it.

Last edited by lovebrentwood; 09-06-2009 at 09:39 AM..

Old 09-06-2009, 09:19 AM

393 posts, read 150,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
Everyone thinks theirs is best because they chose to live in it.
Oh how true.

More details will help narrow down what is best for the OP.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:23 PM

25 posts, read 14,371 times
I'm looking for a home in the $400k to 700K range. Must have a community pool, playground, and tennis courts. Low crime and great schools are a must.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:55 PM

6,056 posts, read 8,551,596 times
Go Google Chapel Hill, Cary, and Apex and related search words. Search through the main real estate web sites, too. You can identify the amenities that you want. Chapel Hill is known for its schools, but its property costs are higher, so you may or may not find the other amenities that you want.

You can find what you want in other areas, too, but that's a start.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:26 PM

7,579 posts, read 9,610,287 times
Still, you're asking about the best neighborhoods in the whole STATE? Come on, you need to narrow it down more than that!

Are you being tranferred for a job? If so, where? If not, are you sure you will find one (NC is 6th in unemployment right now)? Do you want to be near mountains or beach? Urban, suburban, or rural? City mouse or country mouse? Etc. etc. etc...

You'll have to pick a general area first, as opposed to the whole state, when asking for something like neighborhoods. As someone else said, it's like asking "what's the best street on Long Island?" "BEST" is a very subjective word with many other factors to narrow down first.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:42 PM

4,709 posts, read 4,875,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidaman View Post
Can anyone post some info and links on some of the best subdivisions in N. Carolina. Looking to move south soon.
I gotcha spidaman. Check out these neighborhoods.

Baxter Village
Welcome to Vermillion. A place where yesterday meets today.
The Palisades | Charlotte Custom Homes, Available Custom Homes
the Sanctuary

I would focus on Ballantyne, Fort Mill/Lake Wylie (SC locations that are only 15 minutes south of uptown Charlotte), and Lake Norman. These areas all have the best subdivisions in the state. You would have to go to Georgia, Florida, or Northern Virginia to find better subdivisions (in the South) than what you would find in metro Charlotte.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:24 PM

5 posts, read 5,845 times
Default Subdivisions in North Carolina

Hey Spidaman, check out New Homes in Atlanta, Charleston, Charlotte, Nashville and Raleigh by John Wieland Homes
I am a Realtor in the Charlotte area and this builder is awesome! I live in one of their homes myself and they have a great product and fantastic after sale service and warranty. (something not usual for so many builders) In particular I would look at the Brookhaven Subdivision in South Charlotte. Beautiful homes, great neighborhood, fantastic pool and tennis and clubhouse, walking distance to top rated elementary school and zoned for highly desired middle and high schools, low property taxes. Close to shopping, amenities, easy access to down town, 35 minutes to airport. The price point is right where you want it to be, 400K and up for a nice, nice home.

I am partial to the Charlotte area over Raleigh, obviously. But Charlotte has a lot to offer and most everyone I know that lives here really enjoys it.

Hope this helps.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:50 AM

11 posts, read 17,496 times
moved from ny to the landing in lake wylie sc 2 weeks ago. it has everything but the tennis courts and i wouldnt be surprised if they added those soon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina