Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 03:20 PM

201 posts, read 594,161 times

Advertisements

We signed with an agent on August 3. We are not happy with the attention we are receiving.

#1 - Nobody has been out to view the inside of the house even though we have seen numerous cars turn around in our driveway as they come down to see it (we live at end of deadend street).

#2 - I asked her if she was going to put some of those property details sheets out at sign for those who want more information. Three times she has said "oh, I need to get those done" but still they aren't!

#3 - She said she would do a realtor open house but hasn't mentioned it since the day we signed with her.

#4 - "Vaguely" mentioned having a public open house and we told her a good time next month and she said she would get back to us.

When we call her to let her know we would like to go view another house, she never answers her phone. It usually takes her a day or longer to get back to us.

I don't know if I am being unreasonable or not. We saw 2 houses we really liked and she claims they are already under contract yet there are no signs outisde of them that say that. Another house we wanted to get into she has been telling us for weeks that she is waiting for the seller's realtor to call her back. Friday I looked up the realtor's number and it was disconnected. So thru Googling and a few emails and calls, I talked to the realtor within 1/2 an hour and we went out to see that house today! So I guess she lied about leaving messages. I am also wondering why she couldn't do a search to get in touch with the realtor like I did!! It was very simple!

I hate to rock the boat here and I know the market is slow. But what is reasonable? What should we expect from her? My biggest fear is that if someone calls her about seeing our house she won't get back to them since that is a weak area with her.

I remember she mentioned something in our contract "in case" we decided we didn't like her or vice versa. We all laughed and moved on to next paragraph. Now I can't find that in our paperwork-must be carefully worded or hidden!!

Any advice would be great!! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 06:50 PM

646 posts, read 1,156,831 times
I'm not in North Carolina, but I would absolutely get out of the contract. The main thing is that she's not living up to her end of it and you are, so that kind of breaks the agreement, don't you think?

Perhaps someone else will chime in here.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:24 PM

3,050 posts, read 4,993,405 times
I would use one realtor for listing your house and a different one to find your new house. Don't know if there is really a good reason for that, just seems cleaner, less conflicts.

I don't really know about getting out of your current contract but I can't imagine it would be too difficult. Hopefully, at the very least there is a time limit in your contract.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:27 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trese View Post
We signed with an agent on August 3. We are not happy with the attention we are receiving.

#1 - Nobody has been out to view the inside of the house even though we have seen numerous cars turn around in our driveway as they come down to see it (we live at end of deadend street).

#2 - I asked her if she was going to put some of those property details sheets out at sign for those who want more information. Three times she has said "oh, I need to get those done" but still they aren't!

#3 - She said she would do a realtor open house but hasn't mentioned it since the day we signed with her.

#4 - "Vaguely" mentioned having a public open house and we told her a good time next month and she said she would get back to us.

When we call her to let her know we would like to go view another house, she never answers her phone. It usually takes her a day or longer to get back to us.

I don't know if I am being unreasonable or not. We saw 2 houses we really liked and she claims they are already under contract yet there are no signs outisde of them that say that. Another house we wanted to get into she has been telling us for weeks that she is waiting for the seller's realtor to call her back. Friday I looked up the realtor's number and it was disconnected. So thru Googling and a few emails and calls, I talked to the realtor within 1/2 an hour and we went out to see that house today! So I guess she lied about leaving messages. I am also wondering why she couldn't do a search to get in touch with the realtor like I did!! It was very simple!

I hate to rock the boat here and I know the market is slow. But what is reasonable? What should we expect from her? My biggest fear is that if someone calls her about seeing our house she won't get back to them since that is a weak area with her.

I remember she mentioned something in our contract "in case" we decided we didn't like her or vice versa. We all laughed and moved on to next paragraph. Now I can't find that in our paperwork-must be carefully worded or hidden!!

Any advice would be great!! Thanks!

Call her broker-in-charge first thing tomorrow morning (every realtor has one). Tell her your complaints and concerns and that you want out of your contract. You have just cause in my opinion!

Old 09-13-2009, 07:31 PM

7 posts, read 15,388 times
Get rid of her. She should be calling you and setting up appointments and having open houses. I know I am a realtor

Old 09-14-2009, 04:12 AM

Thanks for all the input. I needed validation that I am not being unreasonable. She claims the market is so bad and should be coming back around soon. But the realtor that showed us a house yesterday echoed you lsb2323. She said she should be calling you and having open houses, especially the realtor open house. Another realtor may know someone who is looking for exactly what we have!

I will call the BIC today. Thanks!

Old 09-14-2009, 12:21 PM

59 posts, read 236,580 times
I would be getting a new one too.
When we were looking to buy a house I fired the first person. Sending us the same information on houses we already looked at and said we didn't like. Not hearing from him for a couple weeks at a time. I was quick to find a new one and he was amazing!

Old 09-14-2009, 01:19 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trese View Post
Thanks for all the input. I needed validation that I am not being unreasonable. She claims the market is so bad and should be coming back around soon. But the realtor that showed us a house yesterday echoed you lsb2323. She said she should be calling you and having open houses, especially the realtor open house. Another realtor may know someone who is looking for exactly what we have!

I will call the BIC today. Thanks!
Please let us know how it goes - your realtors actions (inactions really) are not acceptable.

Old 09-15-2009, 01:39 PM

692 posts, read 1,706,940 times
When my wife and i were looking for a home (not just a house, but a home) the realtor we signed a contract with was worthless. We fired the lazy bas*****. Actually you can do all the work yourself with all the info available on the net. That way you only look at what you want. Most of the realtors in this area do not realize that things have changed and want to continue with the old ways. Things have changes realtor people and you must now work for a living, not just sit and take money for nothing.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:03 PM

I haven't called the BIC yet because of busy work schedule this week. But lo and behold she called my husband today to tell him she has the brochures ready! Hmmmmm

Also, by the way that one of the houses she mentioned was under contract is now back on the market.

We will see how the next couple of weeks go.

I do appreciate everyone's comments. I agree with you eiafjam--it is so crazy that some realtors think they can sit and do nothing and make their commission. We don't really need them in the end if you think about it.

Well...time will tell if she is willing to work for this sale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina