Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 07:33 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,906,385 times

Advertisements

I wonder if due to new constructions resells are slowing down. I get updated listings from a realtor in NC and many of these houses have been sitting for 1-2 months and not alot of new stuff coming out on the market. I wonder if the summer season is causing it, buying new vs old or what? Anyone have any thoughts in this regard?

Old 07-17-2006, 08:32 AM

741 posts, read 3,509,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weis02
I wonder if due to new constructions resells are slowing down. I get updated listings from a realtor in NC and many of these houses have been sitting for 1-2 months and not alot of new stuff coming out on the market. I wonder if the summer season is causing it, buying new vs old or what? Anyone have any thoughts in this regard?
I would think your right, Most people would want a brand new house especially coming from our area's. Which is fine because maybe we could swoop in and get a good deal I was going to go to NC with my family as my DH already had a job there. Then I found out about the CP thing and freaked out, made him call everything off, now, The company is still calling him to go there. He want's to go and is trying to persuade me to go . After numerous calls to Wake county they sent me a student handbook and in it there is a section on CP and it says it is not allowed by anyone in the school. So, I guess were going. Now it's more a question of Rent first or jump in to a new mortgage. I'm on the side of renting first, checking things out, and finding a good mix of people. Oh the stress!

Old 07-17-2006, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty nj
I would think your right, Most people would want a brand new house especially coming from our area's. Which is fine because maybe we could swoop in and get a good deal I was going to go to NC with my family as my DH already had a job there. Then I found out about the CP thing and freaked out, made him call everything off, now, The company is still calling him to go there. He want's to go and is trying to persuade me to go . After numerous calls to Wake county they sent me a student handbook and in it there is a section on CP and it says it is not allowed by anyone in the school. So, I guess were going. Now it's more a question of Rent first or jump in to a new mortgage. I'm on the side of renting first, checking things out, and finding a good mix of people. Oh the stress!
Wake County in the Raleigh area has discontinued the use of CP as many districts have, while CMS has a bad rep now, they do not use it either. There are only a few schools left which are fighting to get it admonished too.

Old 07-17-2006, 08:40 AM

5,265 posts, read 16,584,448 times
Excuse my ignorance.... but what is CP?

Old 07-17-2006, 08:42 AM

693 posts, read 2,760,212 times
I think it depends on the property, good ones will sell. I found a couple of listings that I thought were interesting, but they changed to "pending" after a couple of days.

Also, there are a few things that are easier to find in older homes like larger lots, established trees, landscaping, etc. And new construction is usually more expensive, especially after you add things that are not included in the original price, like that neat $$ french-door stainless steel refrigerator!

Old 07-17-2006, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'minformed
Excuse my ignorance.... but what is CP?
corp pun - do you understand this abbrev

Old 07-17-2006, 10:49 AM

2,115 posts, read 7,084,399 times
I do. Thanks. I was curious too.

SL

Old 07-17-2006, 12:33 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,584,448 times
OH ok. No, Wake County does not use CP, I believe that many of the more rural areas of the state do, but they would NEVER get away with doing that in Wake.

Old 07-17-2006, 02:15 PM

741 posts, read 3,509,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'minformed
OH ok. No, Wake County does not use CP, I believe that many of the more rural areas of the state do, but they would NEVER get away with doing that in Wake.
You have no idea how much of a relief that is to me. And not because I have wild, unruley, crazy kids. I have a LD kid.

Old 07-19-2006, 10:16 PM

311 posts, read 618,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty nj
You have no idea how much of a relief that is to me. And not because I have wild, unruley, crazy kids. I have a LD kid.
Does peg agree with what you learned about Wake County from their student handbook? Just curious...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina