U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 04:18 PM

3,574 posts, read 13,084,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb View Post
check out "lexington" it has a population of about 19,000 & some nice rural areas especially around the lake.
ajb
and there's BBQ!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2007, 10:10 PM

2 posts, read 6,599 times
Default Looking to move to N.C. from NJ

I'm looking for a nice town in N.C. I'm moving from NJ, I need to be near time Warner which is in Charlotte. Anyone know of some good towns? I'll go as far as 30 miles.
Thank you

Old 03-20-2007, 10:12 PM

2 posts, read 6,599 times
Need to be near Time Warner in charlotte, will travel 30 miles, need a nice good town.

Old 03-22-2007, 06:13 AM

402 posts, read 2,029,280 times
What about Nashville, NC? It's about 45 minutes east of Raleigh, so not bad distance to really good shopping and restaurants. Red Oak and Nashville are the best elementary schools in the district (others aren't great!). Nashville is a beautiful older town....although they just got the contract for WalMart (at least its further away from downtown!). Really charming town!

Old 09-26-2007, 07:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,162 times
Default thinking of moving to bervard nc

hi iam thinking of moving to bervard nc i have family in chasiers area western nc in the mountains i heard bervard is close by but not as much in the mountains dose anyone know of any towns close to the chasiers jackson county area thats not so much way up in the mountains

Old 09-29-2007, 04:03 PM

443 posts, read 1,454,999 times
Default waynesville is beautiful small and nice and friendly

that gets my vote

Old 09-30-2007, 02:45 PM

5 posts, read 11,268 times
I have lived in Greenville for 3 years and I LOVE IT! I have lived in Eastern North Carolina my whole life. There are several towns outside of Greenville that you can hang your hat and call home. Griffton and Ayden are about 15 minutes away from Greenville (home of East Caolina University....the Pirates). East Carolina serves as a major Medical hub for Eastern North Carolina. Kinston is about 15 minutes away and serves as a major industrial area with a Global Transport Park near by. Greenville is a place where you can enjoy activites year round with several beaches close by. The Contentnea Creek, you can enjoy fishing, kayaking, and collecting Native American Treasures. This peaceful area has a lot to offer if you want to escape the hustle bustle of city life to the easy-going pace you can experience the best that Eastern North Carolina has to offer!
Feel free to email if you have any questions about this area. I think that it would be a great place to raise your family.
Ann

Old 09-30-2007, 08:19 PM

8 posts, read 20,917 times
Mebane will be an ideal location. It's small and near Greensboro, Chapel Hill, Durham and Raleigh.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 10-28-2007 at 04:08 PM.. Reason: solcitation

Old 09-30-2007, 08:23 PM

261 posts, read 571,089 times
How about Cary, NC?

Old 10-02-2007, 02:51 PM

641 posts, read 1,770,149 times
Hey, Newlywed!

I used to live in Saxapahaw and we seemed to like it. It was teeny-tiny, most of it orbiting a 'general store'/gas station and a couple churches (typical, really, for NC). The people were all really nice, but the houses were kind of run down - at least the ones I stayed in. I'm sure there's some really nice stuff out there and I know they just built a new community right as we were leaving.

It's close to Chapel Hill/Carborro, too (about twenty-thirty minutes). And, in the other direction, it's close to Burlington, which has a pretty nice Wal-Mart and a small mall and strip of national stores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina