U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 07:54 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,480,053 times

Advertisements

interesting comparison thread about this state verses CT

http://www.city-data.com/forum/conne...-you-vote.html

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 05-07-2007 at 08:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 08:21 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,146,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
interesting comparison thread about this state verses CT

http://www.city-data.com/forum/conne...d=1#post683270
yup, every states has it's pros and it's cons. One just has to decide if they are living somewhere where the cons are starting to outweigh the pros. It happens to people who've lived in one State their whole life, and hate living there. It happens to people who move all over the USA and make the best of where they're at, for as long as they're there.

Some people come to NC (or it could be any move to another state that wasn't ones "home state") , and love it dearly and will never leave. Some come here, and tolerate it, for either family/job issues, and some come here and detest it and just want to go home or some other place.

It's a personal decision on how happy/miserable one wants to be...or sometimes it's a financial decision. We can only make ourselves happy and choose the right thing for ourselves and our families.

There's many things I miss about home, there's things I don't, snow for one.
There's many things I love about NC, there's many things I don't. But I'm making the best of it, my family is here, the weather is beautiful, and I got a decent job, so it's going from the "tolerate it" level for me personally, to I like it level, maybe someday I'll reach the I love it level

Old 05-08-2007, 05:58 AM

113 posts, read 407,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
yup, every states has it's pros and it's cons. One just has to decide if they are living somewhere where the cons are starting to outweigh the pros. It happens to people who've lived in one State their whole life, and hate living there. It happens to people who move all over the USA and make the best of where they're at, for as long as they're there.

Some people come to NC (or it could be any move to another state that wasn't ones "home state") , and love it dearly and will never leave. Some come here, and tolerate it, for either family/job issues, and some come here and detest it and just want to go home or some other place.

It's a personal decision on how happy/miserable one wants to be...or sometimes it's a financial decision. We can only make ourselves happy and choose the right thing for ourselves and our families.

There's many things I miss about home, there's things I don't, snow for one.
There's many things I love about NC, there's many things I don't. But I'm making the best of it, my family is here, the weather is beautiful, and I got a decent job, so it's going from the "tolerate it" level for me personally, to I like it level, maybe someday I'll reach the I love it level
My wife did the exact same, from not liking, to toleration to liking now that she has a good crew of freinds here...

Old 05-08-2007, 12:34 PM

238 posts, read 494,787 times
I agree, its what you make of it. We just moved here. We've been here a month. I was raised in Florida. The adjustment was hard, there are pros and cons, but you have to focus on the pros. I think Charlotte is beautiful and the people here are very nice. I think we will be very happy here.

Old 05-08-2007, 02:35 PM

21,956 posts, read 21,444,561 times
It's true...you make it what you want it to be. I just moved here from CA a month ago and I dearly miss my family and friends. But...I have never in my life met the kind of friendly people in CA that I have met here. And they smile!! It is going to take some adjustment I know but a person has to be willing to work at anything that is worth having. It is very different here from CA--foods, people and weather but it isn't bad, just different. I for one plan on NC being my home for many years to come. Happy to be here!!

Old 05-08-2007, 02:47 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,480,053 times
That is awesome I often take for granted what NC has to offer for instance in 30 years I have never been to outer banks and Im changing that next week.
I miss my sister who is in San Jose I wish she would get home sick but I think she is addicted to going to Lake Tahoe lol .

Old 05-08-2007, 03:09 PM

219 posts, read 788,003 times
Default Home is where the heart is

The wife and I just put the "sign in the yard" here in NJ.
We are going down next week to find a home.
We are praying that things will work out cause we don't, at this stage in our lives, have much of a choice.
We do have people in NC from back here so that will help us when we move.
I don't have anyone here that I truely care about but the wife has a lot of friends and religious things she is involved in.
Of course, we will miss certain things about NJ.
But............isn't there always a but?
We have enjoyed, during many vacations, the people, places and things in NC.
Financially, this is THE move. Age wise. This is THE move.
When we make the move...............that is our last.
We are only uncomfortable in how things will ALL COME TOGETHER.
All this being said............if you are in a financial position to move back.......and you truely miss your relatives and friends then no matter what NC or another state has to offer..............you will move back to where your heart truely is.

Old 05-09-2007, 05:59 AM

531 posts, read 1,863,469 times
It is what you make it! I would choose NC over CT anyday! The people here are some of the nicest I have ever met. There are many really fun things to do with the family. I am not paying taxes out through the nose. I get the mountains and the ocean. OK, I can go on and on...let's just say I am glad to have left CT and come to this beautiful state!

Old 05-09-2007, 06:16 AM

620 posts, read 1,918,377 times
Why get so defensive? NC is not for everyone. Neither is CT. That is what makes the world go round. I never understood bashing people from other places because of where they are from. That goes on a lot here too (in NC).

Old 05-10-2007, 05:16 AM

1,453 posts, read 4,687,620 times
I don't understand why anyone would base such an important life changing decision on the opinion of total strangers. Get a life and live it where you want to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or