U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-10-2007, 08:37 AM

157 posts, read 346,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave037 View Post
Yeah!! How dare those damn cops enforce the traffic laws of the state. I bet he was only trying to exceed his quota for the month so he can earn enough points for that toaster for his wife!! Or maybe he wrote so many tickets he had enough points for that new TV. He must be a crooked cop to write a tint ticket because he has so much to gain from it. I cant believe these cops are out there enforcing these damn things they call laws....How dare they!
I agree. I feel that 5% is too dark but they should worry about the real crimes that get throwned out. I agree with you

Old 10-02-2007, 02:02 AM

118 posts, read 299,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeandFamily View Post
I know that it is 35% all around the windows...is the state that strict that it will not pass inspection in NC?
They only check the front windows. I'm sure you can find a shop for a couple dollars that will look the other way. The tint on my truck is the darkest possible, but still legal. I think they crack down on dark tints when people are speeding, or the vehicles are Suped up. Crazy lights, and noise, spoilers. The one's they think might be drag racing.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:29 AM

16,311 posts, read 13,129,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by avenger83 View Post
I even showed the officer my NC inspection paper and the routine maintenance work that had everything checked which I had preformed yesterday and he still gave me a citation. What is questionable to me is the officer in question. He was driving a city patrol car dressing in a black uniform but he marked sheriff on the citation. If anyone is from NC don't sheriffs wear beige uniforms?
NO, they wear what the Sheriff chooses as their uniform. The County Sheriff in each county of NC, is often called the "High Sheriff", as they have more authority than any other LEO in the county.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:17 PM

1 posts, read 5,238 times
I just got a citation the other day in the huntersville area, northlake mall. First time ever pulled over and of course it was for freaking tint. The cop actually cut my friend off to pull me over... My friend was extremely pissed. I bought the car with teh tint on there. The cop said it was 8 percent on the sides. He gave me a citation and said i have 15 days to take it off and prove to the dmv that it was legal or pay $120. I really don't want to take it off, i can't stand the sun. Is there any way i could have a chance to fight it? It has been inspected, and ive never had any bad records of any type, perfect driving record. What if i just don't pay it? What could happen?

If i can't do either im just gonna have to take it off, take it to dmv, and put like 15 to 20 percent on. And from then on have my windows down if im ever out in the open.

But i totally agree, police take tint way too seriously. It's a pretty ridiculous law, especially since legal is 32, which you might as save your money and keep it clear, because i can hardly tell 32 percent is tinted.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:46 PM

21,680 posts, read 37,010,844 times
Here is the law.
North Carolina Tint Law
Failture to pay the ticket will only put you in deeper water.
You do not want a FTA on your record and you could loose your right to drive in this state if they pull your drivers license for non compliance.

The law is to provide safety for you at night and bad weather situations.

Old 11-26-2007, 07:09 AM

1,209 posts, read 2,387,289 times
It does not matter if you bought the vehicle like that. There is no way to fight that ticket. 8% is illegal.

Just correct it and you will be fine. 15 days to fix it and the charge is dropped sounds fair. You always have the option to just pay the ticket and then dont remove the tint but then you have to worry about constantly getting pulled over.

Also yes, always take care of your tickets. There is a court date on the top of the citation. Minor traffic offenses are put in "traffic court" and many can be paid ahead of time at the Clerk of Courts office. If you pay it, you will get a receipt and not have to show up in court. If the citation is more serious and it says "District Court", you can not just pay it, you must see the District Court Judge on your court date.

If you do miss your court date NC DMV will revoke your drivers license. Also 95% of the time the Judge will issue an Order For Arrest for failure to appear in court.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:36 PM

4,834 posts, read 3,914,644 times
Why do people want all that tint? Are they trying to hide something or evade the law? State inspection laws were made to protect all of us and to serve the common good but in this day and age it appears that the current generation is more interested in seeing what they can get away with. Sad sign of the times.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:38 PM

5,137 posts, read 11,149,816 times
how about hiding from the sun?

i used to get sunburns when i didnt have tints.

also, it's cheaper on the gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_NC View Post
Why do people want all that tint? Are they trying to hide something or evade the law? State inspection laws were made to protect all of us and to serve the common good but in this day and age it appears that the current generation is more interested in seeing what they can get away with. Sad sign of the times.

Old 11-28-2007, 06:34 PM

168 posts, read 443,031 times
Tint laws also protect LEO's...AND drivers...if they can't see inside a vehicle upon approach, they don't know what to expect and they are much more quick to deem a situation as "dangerous". Jeez people, these men and women put their lives on the lines daily for YOUR PROTECTION...and you're giving them a hard time about tint?

Old 11-28-2007, 06:52 PM

4,834 posts, read 3,914,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2zmom View Post
Tint laws also protect LEO's...AND drivers...if they can't see inside a vehicle upon approach, they don't know what to expect and they are much more quick to deem a situation as "dangerous". Jeez people, these men and women put their lives on the lines daily for YOUR PROTECTION...and you're giving them a hard time about tint?
I agree. Our LEOs take their lives in their hands each and every time they stop a vehicle. Good post. I rate it as positive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina