Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 12:58 PM

49 posts, read 333,633 times

Advertisements

I'm curious, how much is a carton of cigarettes in NC? And in SC?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2008, 01:09 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,486,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rettsie in NJ View Post
I'm curious, how much is a carton of cigarettes in NC? And in SC?
Thanks!
Rettsie - If you're a smoker, you're in luck! NC & SC have just about the lowest cigarette prices in the country. Prices range from $20 a carton for some generics to about $35 for premium brands. SC is a little cheaper than NC. It's funny you asked this question. I just quit after 33 years. The patches and gum are cheaper here too!

Old 06-06-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Rettsie - If you're a smoker, you're in luck! NC & SC have just about the lowest cigarette prices in the country. Prices range from $20 a carton for some generics to about $35 for premium brands. SC is a little cheaper than NC. It's funny you asked this question. I just quit after 33 years. The patches and gum are cheaper here too!
WOW! We pay $60. a carton and that's at the local CVS who has the cheapest prices around! You wouldn't happen to know how many cartons you're allowed to bring across state lines on a plane?
BTW, best of luck with your quitting, I give you alot of credit.

Old 06-06-2008, 01:19 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,697,656 times
Quote:
Rettsie - If you're a smoker, you're in luck!
What's lucky about being a smoker? Maybe you meant bad luck?
Just checking.
Paid $28 a carton last week to bring back to people in NY that have the same addiction. They also have bad luck.

Old 06-06-2008, 01:42 PM

5,660 posts, read 26,993,372 times
Default State Tobacco Tax

South Carolina has the lowest state tobacco tax in the nation at 7 cents a pack. NC is 35 cents a pack.

Old 06-06-2008, 01:44 PM

187 posts, read 649,542 times
When I moved from NY to NC, the prices of cigarettes was heaven! But i quit about 3 months ago but the prices are cheap down here, around 3.50 a pack

Old 06-06-2008, 01:45 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,486,926 times
Quote:
WOW! We pay $60. a carton and that's at the local CVS who has the cheapest prices around! You wouldn't happen to know how many cartons you're allowed to bring across state lines on a plane?
It may vary from state to state, but I'd use a two carton limit as a maximum. Besides schlepping them onto a plane, where you might need a extra bag, will cost you an arm and leg anyway! Drive on down - it's still cheaper than flying!

Old 06-06-2008, 01:56 PM

5,660 posts, read 26,993,372 times
Quote:
It may vary from state to state, but I'd use a two carton limit as a maximum. Besides schlepping them onto a plane, where you might need a extra bag, will cost you an arm and leg anyway! Drive on down - it's still cheaper than flying!
Yep, each state has their own laws concerning transportation of out-of-state taxed tobacco products into their state.

Old 06-06-2008, 04:38 PM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
Quote:
Rettsie, you must be in North Jersey. The official limit is 4 cartons.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Rettsie, you must be in North Jersey. The official limit is 4 cartons.
Actually central NJ. But thanks for that info. We are flying down to Charlotte next Wed. and are looking for nice neighborhoods to live in. We are staying in Huntersville but will be checking out both NC & SC. Just wondering where the best place to live is!
Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina