U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 09:06 AM

635 posts, read 2,666,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
Thanks for the quick reply Al. Actually in the Sanford area I am looking at Carthage Colonies a Beazer development. What's that area like?
Hi,

Well unfortunately I am not really familiar with that development. I know the general area it is in, which is a little rural, which depending on your tastes is a good or bad thing. Regardless, Sanford not being very large, the development isn't really far from anything. But going by the Google street view it looks like a pretty typical new NC-style planned neighborhood.

The builder, Beazer, is also one I haven't heard much about. So I'd just suggest coming out and checking out the builder and the homes.

Sorry I couldn't offer more specific feedback on the development.

Al
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 03:40 PM

1,126 posts, read 1,179,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by al_roethlisberger View Post
Hi,

Well unfortunately I am not really familiar with that development. I know the general area it is in, which is a little rural, which depending on your tastes is a good or bad thing. Regardless, Sanford not being very large, the development isn't really far from anything. But going by the Google street view it looks like a pretty typical new NC-style planned neighborhood.

The builder, Beazer, is also one I haven't heard much about. So I'd just suggest coming out and checking out the builder and the homes.

Sorry I couldn't offer more specific feedback on the development.

Al
Al Beazer is a large developer on the order of KB Pulte Centex Ryland etc. Rural is fine. Thanks.

Old 11-07-2009, 10:37 AM
wkh

1 posts, read 1,577 times
Default looking for land

Do you still have the 5 acres for sale? Where in the Sanford area is it and what are you asking for it if it is still for sale? Please email [email]weshusk@integrity.com[/email]. Not sure how I got to this sight nor how to find again should you respond. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_rice View Post
Sanford has experienced an influx of Latinos and the accompanying statistics. Those problems tend to stay within the Latino community and account for the police calls. We have had a few incidents when the drug problem started to grow, but nowadays it is pretty quiet here.

Like any place in North America the freedom has its price. Still, Sanford can be considered a pretty quiet town. We have lived in Raleigh, NY, L.A. and KC. This is by far a more secure and quiet place.

There are currently a numberl of new homes under construction ranging from 120 to 150k. You also have your pick of rurals and other homes. There are a number of very nice neighborhoods.

We live in town on 50 acres. Our house was built in 1923 and is a great project. In a couple of years we hope to have some bragging rights.

If you are interested, we have a 5.8 acre lot with pond and some woods available. The J Glenn Edwards Elementry School is only a stones throw.

Look before you leap.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,501 times
HI! We will be moving to Sanford in a couple of months?? I have a few q's about elementary schools and neiborhoods?? Carolina Trace vs Carolina Lakes??? HOw is Highland Elementary and JR Ingram?? Could you please help!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-08-2009, 06:50 AM

635 posts, read 2,666,870 times
Talking Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd523 View Post
HI! We will be moving to Sanford in a couple of months?? I have a few q's about elementary schools and neiborhoods?? Carolina Trace vs Carolina Lakes??? HOw is Highland Elementary and JR Ingram?? Could you please help!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi,

I unfortunately can't offer any specifics on those schools. My kids go to Bullock Elementary, West Lee Middle, and Lee High School. We've had a great experience with all of them. Moving here from California, then a year in Cary, we do have some perspective. Although no school system is perfect, we've found Lee County's schools to be free of many of the more "extreme" issues such as we had in California, and to some degree what Wake County has experienced in the last couple years.

Most of Lee County's schools are relatively new, with the notable(and somewhat infamous) exception for Lee County HS, which is in terrible condition. But Lee County just built a brand new HS, Southern Lee, a few years ago. And we just had a 1/4 cent sales tax approved to begin the long delayed total refurb of Lee County HS, so that issue is planned to be resolved by 2011/2012 with a basically entirely new facility.

I think either of the schools you've mentioned would be fine. You might visit the Lee County schools website. And if you have time to come visit in person before committing, check out both schools in person. And, the principle can really "set the tone" for staff at a school, so it might be helpful to call and chat with the principle to get a feel for if your expectations and their style "click".

Good luck, and welcome to the community!
Al

Old 12-08-2009, 02:47 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,573,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchuckie View Post
Can anyone tell me about Sanford?

They really like their high school football
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina