U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-02-2012, 11:27 AM

1,138 posts, read 665,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhornc View Post
That is what these airheads do in the entire state. It has really come to my attention that people here in NC just can't drive. I have driven in other states and countries... I have also spent a considerable amount of time out of here and NEVER have I seen such an array of behavior from drivers. They are also very sneaky. Furthermore, they run stop signs and lights, try to run over other pedestrians, simply pay no attention, fiddle with their phones, write obnoxious messages on their vehicles and/or affix offensive bumper stickers, fail to use blinkers, pull out in front you slowly, etc. In other words, they act as if they own the road. People here will also use their vehicles to drive a distance of 100 feet just b/c they are too lazy to walk the walk.

Part of the reason has to do with driver's ed (and people's selfishness). If you ask me, they need to revoke the licenses from just about everybody in sight. I am SICK TO DEATH of dealing with all these selfish, dysfunctional, beings that have to go around endangering the lives of others all because they are EXTREMELY self-absorbed or just don't pay attention. Driver's ed courses here are a bloody joke. Three weeks, poor explanation, a bunch of movies, no textbook coverage, ace driving the vehicle, and INSTANT driver's license. In other words, they pretty much give away licenses here. You also have TONS of old geezers/bags behind the wheel here (and problematic transplants) that add to the madness. Indiana is pretty much the same way and for the same reason.

Turn signal usage here is virtually non-existent. Another thing about that which gets on my nerves is the fact these NC people have to turn on their blinker for one second and then throw themselves into a lane obstructing the flow of traffic. The times I have gone out of state and have had issues of this nature (and California doesn't count), the car ALWAYS has NC plates on it. I just cringe at the sight of a car w/ NC plates on it 99.9% of the time.

It has been years since I have reached my boiling point with the airheads that can't even drive and can't merge into incoming traffic properly. They also have to get in front of you and then slow down. Reasons as such are why I try to drive as little as possible. Nothing would thrill me more than to see most of the people in NC lose their cars.
Anybody can get a license in NC. My wife had NEVER been behind the wheel of a car. She drove around the apartment complex for a few days, I showed her the route the road test would take....she studied the material for about 4-8 hours....passed on her first try.

That is kind of sad. How can anybody fail at all!! Not saying she is a bad driver, but it is too easy to get a license in this place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 07:47 AM

3,163 posts, read 3,436,032 times
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjkkjH0GnfY

Old 03-03-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type O Negtive View Post
Anybody can get a license in NC. My wife had NEVER been behind the wheel of a car. She drove around the apartment complex for a few days, I showed her the route the road test would take....she studied the material for about 4-8 hours....passed on her first try.

That is kind of sad. How can anybody fail at all!! Not saying she is a bad driver, but it is too easy to get a license in this place.
I'm sure your wife would be thrilled to hear you cast such aspersions about her ability.

'Round here, we count on folks making their own decisions. If your wife isn't fit to drive, it's kinda up to you and her to keep her off the road until she gains the skill set she needs. Judging by the comments on this thread, you may want to ensure she has an expert defensive driving skill set before you turn her loose.

Kinda ironic to ***** and moan about bad drivers, then admit to being party to adding one to the mix... dontcha think? Does the government have to regulate *everything* you do? do you need the state of NC to make sure you use your commode instead of your closet?

Old 03-04-2012, 11:34 AM

872 posts, read 756,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhornc View Post
Exactly! That is, yet, another problem I have noticed in NC. The problem is basically the police. Here in NC, the police are just too lenient and are out breaking the law themselves. Another problem is driver's ed. Here in NC, they practically give licenses away and let dysfunctional (such as old geezer and mental case) drivers behind the wheel. Why would someone like that be allowed to drive a car endangering the lives of others? All the time, I thought that turn signals were the law nationwide. The Virginia police, on the other hand, take no crap and I can't believe someone is going to boo them for doing their jobs. I would like to see a North Carolina police officer step up. I one time got cut off by some idiot who ran a stop sign and a State Trooper was on my tail. I can't believe he did not pull the driver over who committed a moving violation.
Old geezers and those who have mental illnesses should not be allowed to drive period! I know someone who is 75 years old AND blind in one eye yet still drives. How is that even possible?! He has much business driving on the road as my 9 year old. I also know someone who is both schizophrenic and bipolar yet she drives regularly. What happens if she doesn't take her meds? Why is this allowed in NC? Both of these people should not be allowed to drive period! Why are the DMV/police/lawmakers allowing these unsafe individuals to drive? And then we wonder why there are so many bad drivers here?!

Old 03-05-2012, 09:58 AM

53 posts, read 32,028 times
The elderly and the mentally ill will adhere to the indifferent attitutes that the general public has toward turn signal laws. The police will enforce these laws only if there is external pressure. The social climate will change as soon as dogs begin to fly. No one will recognize the epidemic of deviant driving behavior in which the abnormal has become the norm.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:01 PM

1,138 posts, read 665,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
I'm sure your wife would be thrilled to hear you cast such aspersions about her ability.

'Round here, we count on folks making their own decisions. If your wife isn't fit to drive, it's kinda up to you and her to keep her off the road until she gains the skill set she needs. Judging by the comments on this thread, you may want to ensure she has an expert defensive driving skill set before you turn her loose.

Kinda ironic to ***** and moan about bad drivers, then admit to being party to adding one to the mix... dontcha think? Does the government have to regulate *everything* you do? do you need the state of NC to make sure you use your commode instead of your closet?
Thank you for reminding my i can stand this place. Back to TX it is, only 3 mo left.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:07 AM

Well, bye.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:17 PM

240 posts, read 287,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapenc View Post
Old geezers and those who have mental illnesses should not be allowed to drive period! I know someone who is 75 years old AND blind in one eye yet still drives. How is that even possible?! He has much business driving on the road as my 9 year old. I also know someone who is both schizophrenic and bipolar yet she drives regularly. What happens if she doesn't take her meds? Why is this allowed in NC? Both of these people should not be allowed to drive period! Why are the DMV/police/lawmakers allowing these unsafe individuals to drive? And then we wonder why there are so many bad drivers here?!
I agree completely. I couldn't even answer to why it's allowed. I guess it just is. It's probably b/c, here in North Carolina, people in businesses would rather take people's money, and not give a darn about them I guess.

I just got back from Florida. While people down there aren't really perfect behind the wheel either, they are at least a little better (but drive a little faster). Just the same, it makes no sense to let dysfunctional people drive. I guess it's not for anything why you hear so much about pedestrians getting struck by other vehicles down here. About the meds, it's clearly obvious that many people down here are over-medicated. This is the most non-driving state I have ever seen next to Indiana.

As for the police allowing bad driving, it's probably because they are pretty corrupt themselves. Reasons of that nature are why I try to ride public transportation, but, as a passenger, it's still disturbing to see those lousy drivers who do all of those things all because they ''don't want to do anything'' or didn't even bother to pay attention.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:31 PM

240 posts, read 287,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type O Negtive View Post

I agree... I've noticed that over the years. Personally, I think it's pretty ridiculous to just give away licenses that way. At the time I got my learner's permit, if you were under 18, you had to attend Driver's Ed, and go to the DMV with a certificate. Whereas, if you were over 18, you didn't have to do anything. You just had to study the driver's manual, get a good enough score, get a learner's permit for a little while, drive around with a licensed driver, and instant driver's license. I simply wish they would become stricter. I have, however, heard of worse (i.e. Massachusetts and Kentucky), and it all has to do with driver's ed courses to an extent.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:24 PM

10,835 posts, read 5,481,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donna78 View Post
Agreed, turn signals certainly appear optional here. Also, did you know that slower traffic keep right is a law? In England you will be ticketed for undertaking.
People seem to be too lazy to move the wheel so they just pick a lane and stay in it. This, in turn, leads to people weaving. Very dangerous!

I also agree that drivers here, while very bad, are much better than Florida. If you drive to FL, the minute you cross the state line people just seem to lose their brains. I don't know why.
Actually it is not a law, but a suggestion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prius109 View Post
Did anybody honestly think it wasnt a law?? Drives me nuts when people just suddenly slow down and turn without any signal. That causes accidents all the time.
But if you rear-end the car you will still be at fault.

I see plenty of turn signal useage, problem being idiots turn it on while making the turn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina