U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 03:02 PM

186 posts, read 196,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by havin fun View Post
Foxfire, Seven Lakes and Whispering Pines are all a good trip (15 minutes) from Pinehurst. Food Lion is the closest shopping (5 minutes). All are nice neighborhood communites. All are safe and middle class. Prices are less than Pinehurst.
West End? There is no West End. West End is a Post Office that serves parts of Carthage, Pinehurst, Taylortown, Seven Lakes, Eastwood, etc.
Taylortown is across the street from Pinehurst. I live in Taylortown and my mail is delivered by West End. My developement has 2 ponds, 77 homes, and is a neighborhood of mixed retirees and young families. Prices range from 120K to 300K. All are on at least 3/4 acre lots. I'm 2 miles west of Olmstead Village (NY Deli). Since you've been to visit you should have a good idea of where we are (how near and far from shopping).
Southern Pines is your Katonah. Scarsdale. Harrison. Homes are moderately priced (for this area) and are very nice. You would like Southern Pines. Railroad runs right thru the middle of town but is shrouded by giant old magnolias. A more relaxed town than Pinehurst.
Thanks for your quick response! Didn't realize that West End is just a post office. I will definitely look into Taylortown (think we did drive thru yesterday). What I love most about Pinehurst and areas just outside are preservation of trees and wooded area around homes that were built. You are right about Southern Pines compared to Katonah and plan on looking around but there were many older homes built without garages. We need 2 car garage to accompany my husband's workshop and 1 car. I like the sound of Taylortown and if I persist, I may get lucky and find a good deal in Pinehurst as well. As soon as I get my papers together, I'm putting up a for sale sign on my house in Winnabow (it's actually close to Leland). FYI...I prefer shopping at Harry Teeter's only because I like their bread and cheese (my husband is from Germany and he says "bread is the staff of life"). We stumbled upon a really great european bakery in Cary, NC called La Farm Bakery...their baugette, bread and pastry are absolutely wonderful!! Google it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or