Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 10:30 PM

1 posts, read 3,665 times

Advertisements

It will be illegal if your tag frame covers the state name. I can't believe that any law officer in NC in unable to determine a First in Flight tag is a NC tag. These new laws are stupid. You can't smoke in a restaurant now....duh, smokers were given a separate area to sit but it is OK for people to drink beer or liquor in front of non drinkers and kids. It is OK for the government to sell liquor though. The government should be held accountable every time someone gets drunk, wrecks and kills somebody. What kind of a governor do we have???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 09:17 AM

1 posts, read 3,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook53 View Post
It will be illegal if your tag frame covers the state name. I can't believe that any law officer in NC in unable to determine a First in Flight tag is a NC tag. These new laws are stupid.
Agree. If "First in Flight" can be read it should be good enough. If not, then put the irrelevent "First in Flight" at the bottom and put "North Carolina" at the top so a typical frame won't cover it, like most states already do. If they're going to make stupid laws, at least design the plate so it isn't equally stupid. Just did a quick Google and found that 42 states put the state name at the TOP of the plate...how many of the other 8 also change the law on plate frames to try to cover their deficits?

Old 06-28-2010, 11:59 AM

1 posts, read 3,298 times
look people what they are giving tickets for is the plastic plate cover that covers the entire plate, not the dealer plate cover. They don't care wether it's tinted or clear, I know from first hand. This took me by surprise to where I even had to call the police department and verifiy if I was being pulled over for something legit. Tired of being profiled because of DWB in a nice car, but yeah they are giving tickets for plate covers. A tip, always keep the none emergency number to your police department because some of these police officers abuse the law because they figure not everyone knows their rights so they can get away with anything. No one has the right to search your vehicle unless you give them permission to nor can you be arrested for speaking up for yourself. They often try to tell you that they will take you to jail if you keep on talking, just call the police department and ask to speak with their supervisor and you will see how quick they try to be your best friend. It's funny how we always talk about the constitution but no one educated us on how to use it in a time of need when your rights are being violated.

Old 06-28-2010, 11:08 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
NO! they are giving tickets for any dealer or other frame that covers any part of the name of the state of issue, or the year and month stickers that indicate when the plate expires.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:36 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zin View Post
It's just a forme of taxation. Your police force is really not protecting you, just reaching into your wallet
and riping you off. Simply a local arm of the IRS. This way you get more police to rip you off more and more.
Eventually you will have nothing but taxes to pay! No rights to speak of. Except for your status of, law
breaking criminal. Which guarantees you prison time in a slave labour camp to pay for your crime of not standing up to a corrupt criminal syndicate.
That you were not willing to stand up to, and fight for your rights! When you had the chance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What are you talking about? Your 'right' to disguise the license plate that is there to identify you, for the safety of everyone. There must be a reason you wish to conceal this, do you often drive drunk, drive 60 through residential streets?

Driving is a privilege, not a right

Old 09-24-2010, 09:58 PM

1,174 posts, read 6,941,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman_30 View Post
No one has the right to search your vehicle unless you give them permission to nor can you be arrested for speaking up for yourself.
This is bad and/or incomplete advice. It's not necessarily true. I'm not going to get into a heated debate because I can see the point of view that's offering the incomplete advice. I will just suggest that anyone's who's interested in the topic needs to research search and seizure laws along with reasonable suspicion and probable cause. It's also advisable to know what constitutes interfering during an investigation. These issues all come into play, which makes the advice given both incomplete and illadvised when it's given in such a simplistic manner.

Old 09-25-2010, 06:08 AM

692 posts, read 1,706,477 times
Seems to me if you stay within the law you don't need to cover the plate to beat the red light camera or for any other reason. Lights and signs on the highway are not suggestions.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:58 AM

1 posts, read 2,906 times
NEW LAW PROHIBITS STATE NAME, STICKERS BEING HIDDEN ON LICENSE PLATES Thursday, November 19, 2009

Beginning Dec. 1, Operators Can Be Cited, Later Fined

RALEIGH — Beginning Tuesday, Dec. 1, a new law goes into effect that requires the state’s name across the bottom of the plate as well as the year and month stickers on a license plate to be fully visible. They can no longer be partially covered by a license frame.

Vehicle owners can be cited for committing an infraction and, after Nov. 30, 2010, fined $100 for the violation.

The law was introduced in the 2009 session of the General Assembly and was supported by law enforcement officials because it increases the readability of registration information on the plates and helps identify vehicles registered in North Carolina.

***NCDOT***

Old 12-01-2010, 07:05 AM

3,867 posts, read 4,076,782 times
We live in a Pig state! Oink Oink!!!!

Old 12-02-2010, 09:04 PM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
I agree with a previous post... If the cops can't tell that my standard issue, First in Flight plate is NC stock issue, then they do not deserve to carry a badge.

One of our vehicles has a rather nice sports-themed frame on the rear plate - which is technically illegal now. What a waste of money that turned out to be now. I'm glad the jackals in Raleigh can sit on their well rounded, pompous arses and make up stupid laws with little benefit to the greater good of the state.

But, I guess I should trash the frame now and take the loss of money, rather than leave it on there and DW gets a $100 ticket from the local tax invoicer...err.. I mean cop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina