U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-16-2007, 05:34 PM

1 posts, read 4,185 times

Advertisements

Hey,

I am originally from India, new to US, and am planning to move to Fayetteville, NC along with my family. Would like to know about the presence of Indian (from India) community in Fayetteville, and existence of Indian groceries etc.

Thanks, would appreciate any pointers to this. Looking on the internet, I did find a mention of SouthEastern NC Indian Association but couldnt locate their website or other details about them.

Regards ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2007, 07:15 PM

435 posts, read 827,952 times
I work in a Fayetteville hospital and there are many Indian Physicians here. I imagine many of them live in town. I do not know much about cultural activities except on occasion, I have seen photos of events held by the Indian community and earlier this year, there was a large Indian festival at our civic center. Perhaps you can search via switchboard.com for what you are looking for. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions about the Fayetteville area.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:50 AM

1 posts, read 3,879 times
Default Moving to fayetteville

Hi
We are currently in Wisconsin and will be moving to Fayetteville in Oct. My husband has got a project in Lumberton. I have read at several forums that Lumberton and Fayetteville are not very safe areas. Is that true?? And we would be glad to know about the Indian community in area as we are from India too. What are the best areas to look for rental appartments? Three other families would be moving with us. So it would be convienient to have the accomodation in same appartment. We appreciate any kind of help.
Thanks

Old 09-24-2008, 01:28 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,078,744 times
This weekend is the International Folk Festival in Fayetteville. There is always a large Indian representation. There are a few middle eastern stores in town but just an hours drive up to Cary and you will find many South Asian stores and businesses. There is one Indian resturant in town "The Bombay Bistro".

Here is a write up on last years, India festival.

http://entre-tierras.blogspot.com/2007/03/fayetteville-3rd-india-festival.html (broken link)

Old 09-24-2008, 02:29 PM

848 posts, read 2,121,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by priya711 View Post
Hi
We are currently in Wisconsin and will be moving to Fayetteville in Oct. My husband has got a project in Lumberton. I have read at several forums that Lumberton and Fayetteville are not very safe areas. Is that true?? And we would be glad to know about the Indian community in area as we are from India too. What are the best areas to look for rental appartments? Three other families would be moving with us. So it would be convienient to have the accomodation in same appartment. We appreciate any kind of help.
Thanks
Just like anywhere else, there are areas safer than others. Fayetteville is no different.

Apartments...I'd look along Ramsey Street near Methodist College. It's close to I-295 to get onto I-95 to Lumberton.

I wouldn't live in any apartments in Lumberton, unless there's some new ones have been built just in the last couple of years.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:04 AM

31 posts, read 66,886 times
There is a very large population of Hindi and such in the Cary/Raleigh area. One theater has some nights set aside for hindi language movies. In Fayetteville there is a strong representation of Hindi as well as Pujabi. You should be able to get plenty of your style of "home cooking"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina