Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 03:14 PM
GFG

11 posts, read 44,205 times

Advertisements

The way to fit in real fast is to go to a local short track race. Then tell everyone you see that Dale Earnhardt sucks. The next thing to do is go get you some pigs brains and eggs and fry them up. Invite a few red necks over and eat up. Then then best thing to really get on their good side it to buy a confederate flag and raise it in your front yard. By doing all these things the NC southerners will realize that you are either as crazy as them or the bravest human on the earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2007, 03:18 PM
GFG

AMEN, A man once said that "inward impression without outward expression produces depression,which results in aggression that results in mass murder".

Old 05-28-2007, 03:20 PM
GFG

Amen, and if thats not acceptable then dont move here.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:50 PM

14 posts, read 35,806 times
Default Moving to NC from Maine

I dont know what all the fuss is about.
I love southerners . They taste just like chicken!!!
Just kidding folks.
My wife and I bought land in the foothills and while down there we were never once treated with anything but kindness.
There are things I love about Maine and there are things I'm not so crazy about.
I am sure that it will be the same in N. C..
I have lived all over and one thing that is the same wherever you go,sooner or later you will run into some disgruntled person that wants to be difficult and your being from [away] is all the reason they need to be an ass.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:31 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,120,743 times
Real Southerners enjoy people from "up north" as long as they aren't rude, vulgar, loudmouth and/or condescending towards their new neighbors.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:10 AM

4,834 posts, read 6,121,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Minor View Post
Real Southerners enjoy people from "up north" as long as they aren't rude, vulgar, loudmouth and/or condescending towards their new neighbors.
Ah herd dat!

Old 01-25-2008, 12:15 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
I'm not a redneck, I'm a proud Southerner with an attitude!

Old 01-25-2008, 02:40 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianandkim View Post
I dont know what all the fuss is about.
I love southerners . They taste just like chicken!!!
Just kidding folks.
My wife and I bought land in the foothills and while down there we were never once treated with anything but kindness.
There are things I love about Maine and there are things I'm not so crazy about.
I am sure that it will be the same in N. C..
I have lived all over and one thing that is the same wherever you go,sooner or later you will run into some disgruntled person that wants to be difficult and your being from [away] is all the reason they need to be an ass.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - I love it - we taste just like chicken!

Besides making me laugh, I like your post because it is very accurate Welcome to NC!

Old 01-25-2008, 04:01 PM

14 posts, read 35,806 times
Hi loves the mountains Thanks for the welcome
It will be another year or so before we make the move.
We are really looking forward to the change.
My wife is a dental assistant and she cant wait to see a mouth with more than one tooth in it. Up here the joke is "what has 200 legs but only 20 teeth?" A parade!
I am originally from S.C.[an army brat]but have lived most of my life in Maine.
Don't get me wrong Maine is a great state but I find that the people in the south are far more friendly and gracious.
I spent the summer of 95 working and living in south central Va. and aside from the good natured ribbing about being a Yank I found the people to be very hospitable. That and the long cold winters have just about worn me out.
We bought land in the foothills, in Granite Falls.
Although there are still the change of seasons winter is a lot shorter without the bitter cold we have here.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:19 PM

4,834 posts, read 6,121,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianandkim View Post
Hi loves the mountains Thanks for the welcome
It will be another year or so before we make the move.
We are really looking forward to the change.
My wife is a dental assistant and she cant wait to see a mouth with more than one tooth in it. Up here the joke is "what has 200 legs but only 20 teeth?" A parade!
I am originally from S.C.[an army brat]but have lived most of my life in Maine.
Don't get me wrong Maine is a great state but I find that the people in the south are far more friendly and gracious.
I spent the summer of 95 working and living in south central Va. and aside from the good natured ribbing about being a Yank I found the people to be very hospitable. That and the long cold winters have just about worn me out.
We bought land in the foothills, in Granite Falls.
Although there are still the change of seasons winter is a lot shorter without the bitter cold we have here.
That sure is some pretty country where you own your land. I doubt that it will change drastically in the next couple of years so you will still be in a quiet environment when you finally build.

Maine folks are friendly...just that they don't get as many transplants up there as do the states in the warmer climates. My Wife and I spent two weeks up there in Bar Harbor and loved every minute of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina