U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 02:53 PM

1,547 posts, read 3,703,886 times

Advertisements

It seems different parts of NC may be different in respect to welcoming outsiders. I grew up in rural NE NC but we did not bash nor feel the need to tell anyone who didnt attend church they were going to hell or anything - and I grew up in a very conservative christian environment. The area is very conservative and a lot of folks do attend church (as did I with my family). Although I didn't grow up with a lot of outsiders I don't think the area was closed off or such to them. The overtly zealous radicalism (as I call I) type of attitude to convert someone is something new to me.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:54 PM

770 posts, read 2,644,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Okay, so for whoever gave me negative rep for this please show yourself and explain WHY this is off topic?? Sounds to me like you just don't agree with me, and we all know that is not cause for giving negative rep.

THIS POST IS VERY ON TOPIC. I am trying to help NJRover see the bigger picture about why some people in NC may be less welcoming than he thinks they should be.
Well I just got got back from an airshow down in Annapolis, and saw all the buzz on here. Funny you got a neg rep, I would probably do the same. My BUT statement was I do not want to be called a transplant the rest of my life. so how is that me trying to change NC?

Old 05-23-2007, 03:55 PM

770 posts, read 2,644,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetOwner2 View Post
It was Njrover. I'm sure of it. No worries though. I gave you positive feedback.
I just got back online, no it wasn't me. You can see that I haven't posted til now. I have been in Annapolis all afternoon, I do have a life other then this forum...LOL. How can people sit here and talk on this forum and be rude and not be a member? I am sort of confused about that? And how can someone give them positive feedback if you yourself can not get the feedback?

Old 05-23-2007, 04:01 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,897,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citydweller View Post
It seems different parts of NC may be different in respect to welcoming outsiders.

I agree with this. I know a lot of Yankees (my best friend is one) and haven't heard them say anything about not feeling welcome. *shrug* I treat everyone equally. If you're nice to me, I'll be your friend. I couldn't care less where you're from or what race you are. As long as you're a decent, kind, respectful human being, that's all that matters to me when it comes to who I'm friends with.

Old 05-23-2007, 04:07 PM

1,021 posts, read 3,021,135 times
The question of whether "outsiders" are welcomed in North Carolina has been asked, discussed, debated, asked again, answered and clarified in over 100 replies.

This thread is now closed. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina