U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 09:33 PM

73 posts, read 3,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
Wow....and I am a "foreign yankee" nontheless....Guess I am in s**** creek....lol
I can't believe it's 2007, and I am hearing THIS!
And, why exactly would you hang out and hire a local guy first?
Family and church connections just mean a lot to people in the South. When you meet a native North Carolinian the first two questions you will likely hear are "Where are you from?" and "Where do you go to church?" If the answers are "Not from around here." and "I don't go to church." it is much harder to form a bond with you. I choose the local guy first because he's my people.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:33 PM
MB2 MB2 started this thread

3,496 posts, read 6,628,707 times
Quote:
Wow, you are a tough critter...lol
Tell me, is it pure conisidence, that those two places are located OUTSIDE NC?
Tell me, am I allowed to at least work in "your" city ...say Charlotte?
I sure hope you don't mind, me being a bit lighthearted here

Old 05-16-2007, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyClifton View Post
Family and church connections just mean a lot to people in the South. When you meet a native North Carolinian the first two questions you will likely hear are "Where are you from?" and "Where do you go to church?" If the answers are "Not from around here." and "I don't go to church." it is much harder to form a bond with you. I choose the local guy first because he's my people.
So, not a single chance for little me to become "your people"?

Old 05-16-2007, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Wow, you are a tough critter...lol
Tell me, is it pure conisidence, that those two places are located OUTSIDE NC?
Tell me, am I allowed to at least work in "your" city ...say Charlotte?
I never claimed ownership of CLT. The South Carolina locations you mentioned are basically suburbs of CLT while the NC towns are much more rural.

Except for the fact that my wife's grandfather owned a store in Kings Mountain I sort of doubt that I'd be welcomed with open arms.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:40 PM

Thank's for taking the time to explain some things.
Any and every info is greatly appreciated>

Old 05-16-2007, 09:40 PM

Quote:
So, not a single chance for little me to become "your people"?
We may well be friends if we work together or we are neighbors but I'm always going to keep you at a distance.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:41 PM

620 posts, read 1,403,214 times
Just ignore these people (of course, these are the same people most likely go to church every Sunday). 99% of people would look at this and laugh and realize how much nonsense it is. People from up North (this seems like the place most people like to attack down here) are not aliens - we are human beings too. Ugh, why am I even explaining this. For your own sanity, just IGNORE it.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyClifton View Post
I never claimed ownership of CLT. The South Carolina locations you mentioned are basically suburbs of CLT while the NC towns are much more rural.

Except for the fact that my wife's grandfather owned a store in Kings Mountain I sort of doubt that I'd be welcomed with open arms.
Tell me something, while I have you "on the hook" (you know by now I'm kidding, right???)
Since you are NC native....is it true that SC taxes are cheaper in comparison then NC's?
The only thing I have found out so far is the fact, I gather, that SC's tax is a bit screwed up, and made no sense explaining.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:46 PM

I've heard that the tax burden in SC is generally lower than in NC and that public services are commensurate.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxmike View Post
Just ignore these people (of course, these are the same people most likely go to church every Sunday). 99% of people would look at this and laugh and realize how much nonsense it is. People from up North (this seems like the place most people like to attack down here) are not aliens - we are human beings too. Ugh, why am I even explaining this. For your own sanity, just IGNORE it.
Thank's.....
I am very easy going, and never, ever had a problem making friends!
I do mind my manners, just like my mama and papa told me to, and be friendly and curtious.
I do have my best friends already, I would die for in a heartbeat...because they are so much more then just that.
But, of course would it be so much better to move to an area, where the people are a bit more lax and with the times. (Instead of me pulling the knife out of my back every single day )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina