U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-08-2009, 10:16 AM

39 posts, read 50,412 times

Advertisements

I live in Rocky Mount. I have my home for sale and I was wondering if anyone else trying to sell a home around this area is having any activity on their home? I really had hoped that the incentives to buy would get the market moving, it hasn't happened in Rocky Mount.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 08:41 PM

3,225 posts, read 3,836,544 times
This are never a lot of buyers at this time of year. Also, some first-timers who might have been looking now have already bought because they wanted to make sure they got the $8000.

The best way to sell: price it low and keep it clean. Even then, if people aren't moving into your area, you don't have buyers.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:18 PM

820 posts, read 843,385 times
I agree this is a rough time of year to sell...few people are thinking about buying a home around the holidays.

We listed our home in Greenville in late August, sold in in about 5 weeks. But we priced it very aggressively and took a beating.

Old 12-13-2009, 08:46 AM

39 posts, read 50,412 times
Thank you both for your input. Emelvee, Greeville's market is so much better than Rocky Mount. And you still took a beating? Wow, may I ask how bad the beating was? If the Greenville market is that bad , this area will be even worse! At least Greenville is growing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina