Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2009, 08:32 AM

227 posts, read 791,848 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
I'm located in South Carolina. Recently I interviewed for a job for a company based out of Brevard, NC called Computer Pals Learning Service. It's a small company and I didn't interview at their place of business, I interviewed at a local coffee shop here in SC. He says they work with schools, daycares etc in NC, GA and SC. They're looking for someone in my local SC area. What information I could find is it seems to be based out of the man's home in Brevard and I need to find out if this company is legit. I haven't been offered the position at this point, but I want to do my homework. The man seemed nice enough and it all appears good so far. I just want some facts outside of what the man told me.

I was wondering if anyone could help me find a phone number or website that lists small businesses in NC or something to that effect so that I can be sure of this company in case they do call and offer a position. It's not one of those make big bucks quickly type deals. They pay average wage, nothing more. Even though I'm tired of my current job in retail, I don't want to leave it for something not real.

So what I do know so far is this;
Computer Pals Learning Service
Owned by Carl Cameron
123 Morningside Dr
Brevard, NC 28712

And I found this profile for the company at this website. I've never seen this website before, anyone familiar with it?
Computer Pals - Brevard, North Carolina (NC) | Company Profile

I do hope it's all real and good because it's a position that sounds perfect for me. I appreciate any help anyone can give.

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 09:14 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,122,528 times
Google the NC Secretary of State's office and do a corporation search. They have profiles of all companies registered to do business in NC.

Old 01-15-2010, 08:17 PM

2 posts, read 5,192 times
I called today about this job in the Hendersonville area and I too am a bit skeptical about the company.......it is not listed in the BBB. Did you check with the NC Sec. of State's office?
Mr. Cameron does sound nice on the phone. Please let me know what your follow-up uncovered.
thank you

Old 01-16-2010, 09:58 AM

451 posts, read 1,559,280 times
All good advice above, however, if it cost you anything, run, don't walk away. Lots of scams out there.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:47 AM

Yeah, I know that. It doesn't cost. I found him listed at a University in NC too. I forget what it was called. There was no listing of him at NC Secretary of State site. But I didn't get the job anyway. I interviewed with him mamaheel. He seemed nice. But they don't seem that professional to me. I called a daycare they were supposed to be going to and the girl I did get to chat with a little hadn't heard of the company being there. But they must have a dumb director there, she was never in when she was supposed to be, so I never got to talk with her.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:49 AM

Oyeah, I meant to add. When he first replied to my email with resume, he set up an interview with me with a time a day without asking me first if that time would work for me. We met at a coffee shop (hubby came with me just in case) and interviewed. I had to change that time of course cuz I was working. Then I waited 4 weeks to hear a response if they chose anyone yet. He said to contact him in 2 weeks, I did, and he replied days later saying they were making a decision first week of January. At the end of that week I contacted him again, waited a few days only to get the response that I wasn't chosen. Unprofessional.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:42 PM

2 posts, read 5,192 times
thanks for the update
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina