U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-18-2009, 11:37 AM

2 posts, read 14,132 times

Advertisements

Good afternoon. I will be traveling Interstate 95 and am looking for reccomendations on a safe town/city to spend 1 night. Hotel recommendations are also apprecited. I would require indoor corridors and non-smoking rooms. Also any hotel that has security would be fantastic. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 05:05 PM

848 posts, read 2,121,325 times
I-95 Exit 49 (Cedar Creek Road) is considered the half-way point between New York & Florida. Lots of hotels (all price points---and all pretty safe) and restaurants there to choose from.

Old 12-18-2009, 09:33 PM

2 posts, read 14,132 times
Wikipedia had this to say about Fayetteville aka Exit 49.

Fayetteville's per capita violent crime rate is 87% higher than the national average and the property crime rate is 75% higher than the national average.Fayetteville is known as one of the few cities in the South-East region of the United States to have Bloods and Crips gang violence.

Old 12-19-2009, 07:41 AM

3,002 posts, read 4,576,066 times
Honestly Fayetteville is the one stop I'd expressly stay away from, unless you can stay at the hotel on the base. The best place to stop would probably be Smithfield. The outlets are right off i-95 so you have hotels, restauarunts, shopping, even a movie theater, all right there.

Old 12-19-2009, 07:53 AM

2,379 posts, read 2,682,057 times
When I travel alone, I always go off the Interstate a few miles to a small city. Then find a Hampton Inn or Courtyard by Marriott by the largest shopping mall in town. They tend to be in safer areas and they don't seem as creepy as right on the Interstate.

Old 12-19-2009, 08:30 AM

3,002 posts, read 4,576,066 times
It's exit 95 off of 95.

hotels loc: Smithfield, NC - Google Maps

Carolina Premium Outlets - Directions & Transportation

Old 12-19-2009, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Bird View Post
Wikipedia had this to say about Fayetteville aka Exit 49.

Fayetteville's per capita violent crime rate is 87% higher than the national average and the property crime rate is 75% higher than the national average.Fayetteville is known as one of the few cities in the South-East region of the United States to have Bloods and Crips gang violence.

Wikipedia is not always correct....

I live in the area, and go through the Cedar Creek area almost daily. I've been to events at the hotels, and we eat all the time at the local restaurants surrounding the hotels.

It is NOT directly in the city of Fayetteville, and IS a very safe area!

Old 12-19-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
Honestly Fayetteville is the one stop I'd expressly stay away from, unless you can stay at the hotel on the base. The best place to stop would probably be Smithfield. The outlets are right off i-95 so you have hotels, restauarunts, shopping, even a movie theater, all right there.
And right now it's so congested, due to the holidays, that traffic is impossible!

Old 12-19-2009, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
When I travel alone, I always go off the Interstate a few miles to a small city. Then find a Hampton Inn or Courtyard by Marriott by the largest shopping mall in town. They tend to be in safer areas and they don't seem as creepy as right on the Interstate.
Actually, there have been 2 murders in the hotels in the mall area in the last year.... The hotels at Exit 49 are much safer than the ones in town.

Old 12-20-2009, 07:20 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,078,744 times
The family and I went to the Philippine-American Assoc. Christmas Gala last night at the Holiday inn at Exit 49. They have a very nice hotel, inside corridors, inside pool, roving security and an excellent banquet facility.

We suffered neither violent crime nor property crime and did not see a single Crip or Blood!

Wikipedia is not a reliable source of information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina