U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-26-2006, 10:13 PM

5,265 posts, read 10,422,093 times

Advertisements

I live in Apex. What I don't like? Sadly; pretty much everything. Apex is an OK town; I just really don't want to live here any more.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2006, 10:16 PM

2,295 posts, read 228,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'minformed
I live in Apex. What I don't like? Sadly; pretty much everything. Apex is an OK town; I just really don't want to live here any more.

It's funny you are like the one guy on the Phoenix forum that likes Phoenix and you are almost the lone guy on here that hates NC. It's like the oppsoite. That poor guy on the Phoenix forum is always getting pounded.

Old 07-26-2006, 10:38 PM

I really don't hate NC. I just think it's overrated and I see a lot of people moving here almost on a whim. I find it sad because a lot of them have kids who have to relocate and that's always hard, and down the road, your priorities may change. That's what happened to me. I went home (ny) for a visit for a summer visit a few years ago and it was like it just hit me; my parents got "old", my neices and nephews all grew up. and I missed all of this, my own kids grew up and my whole family missed that. It just doesn't seem worth it to me personaly to live someplace just because it might have warmer weather or the homes may be cheaper, to miss out on all of that other stuff. I realize that that's not how everyone's situation is. but it is just a very sad one that just "hits you" a few years down the road.

Old 07-26-2006, 10:55 PM

Quote:
I really don't hate NC. I just think it's overrated and I see a lot of people moving here almost on a whim. I find it sad because a lot of them have kids who have to relocate and that's always hard, and down the road, your priorities may change. That's what happened to me. I went home (ny) for a visit for a summer visit a few years ago and it was like it just hit me; my parents got "old", my neices and nephews all grew up. and I missed all of this, my own kids grew up and my whole family missed that. It just doesn't seem worth it to me personaly to live someplace just because it might have warmer weather or the homes may be cheaper, to miss out on all of that other stuff. I realize that that's not how everyone's situation is. but it is just a very sad one that just "hits you" a few years down the road.

I totally understand. It's weird because I haven't been on the east coast since 1988 until last Summer and then I realized, Do I really like living here? I guess not. Once I got out I couldn't stop thinking about moving somewhere else.

Have you heard that Bon Jovi song? Who says you can't go home.

Yeah and I don't hate Az either, just kind of had enough of it.

Old 07-26-2006, 11:03 PM

That song comes into my head every single day. And it's very true. I thought it was odd and couldn't belive it was Bon Jov; but it is a good song and pretty much my phylosophy.

Old 07-26-2006, 11:20 PM

Quote:
That song comes into my head every single day. And it's very true. I thought it was odd and couldn't belive it was Bon Jov; but it is a good song and pretty much my phylosophy.

There's only one place they call me one of their own.
There's only one place left I want to go. Who says you can't go home.

I really hope it works out for you and you are happy when you get there. I'm sure you will be.

Old 07-26-2006, 11:34 PM

Thanks. I hope everything works out for you too and you don't have to deal with any tornados!!! lol (I'm sure you won't have to worry about that in all reality though)

Old 07-27-2006, 09:21 AM

10,010 posts, read 12,124,980 times
Quote:
Thanks. I hope everything works out for you too and you don't have to deal with any tornados!!! lol (I'm sure you won't have to worry about that in all reality though)
Your not the lone guy, I am with ya, need to leave NC.

Old 07-27-2006, 09:24 AM

Oh I know I'm not alone.... but we are definitely the minority!

Old 07-27-2006, 09:44 AM

10,010 posts, read 12,124,980 times
Well probably in a few years we wont be the minority. I have kids and they miss their grandparents, so do I, and my firends, I am not going back to Oregon but AZ is closer. My parents came here for my sons graduation in June and thought it was pretty but said " Everyone here is rude and it is expensive, couldnt live here" I thought she would like it, so I guess it is a good thing we are moving, she doesnt want to come back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina