U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-24-2006, 08:54 AM

27 posts, read 49,904 times
Question They all sound good...

I have nocited that everyone moving to NC are very happy to move. All of the families out there, the ones with CHILDREN, are you guys concerned a little bit about schooling? are guys doing the research on this? am I missing something here? Do we have more single people or couples with no children moving to NC? As far as I understand (at least from this forum) schools suck in NC
I am getting so discourage to move just by reading all the posts about this...
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2006, 08:56 AM

10,357 posts, read 17,433,883 times
Umm...excuse me...I have 4 children and have lived in NC most of my life. Wake County schools do not "suck". The ONLY problem we have is over crowding, due to people moving to the area. We are playing "catch up". By the way...the teachers must be doing something right as my kids always score at the top of the charts as far as testing. And...my daughter graduated from UNC chapel Hill, which is very difficult to get into and she did it in 3.5 years, not the usual 5! So there! Vicki

Old 07-24-2006, 08:57 AM

10,010 posts, read 11,930,397 times
I have four kids and we moved a couple of times in NC to find the right schools, I found the best ones in Apex, needless to say we are moving out of state due to us just not fitting in here and need a different work situation.

Old 07-24-2006, 08:58 AM

5,265 posts, read 10,249,223 times
It's not that they "suck" it's just that the peole in charge are complete morons and can't handle the growth and demand for new schools and policies. They keep throwing out all of this new stuff, and yes, the schools are suffering from some of them; but they don't know what to change now because they've already changed SO much. They can't identify the problem. My main beef is the countywide school systems. It's ridiculous for there to be a 40 mile radious around a school system. The redistricting and shuffling around in ways that make no sense at all is what bothers most people.

Old 07-24-2006, 09:01 AM

5,265 posts, read 10,249,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsbabe1
I have four kids and we moved a couple of times in NC to find the right schools, I found the best ones in Apex, needless to say we are moving out of state due to us just not fitting in here and need a different work situation.
Yeah, we're also leaving NC... but it's not really about the schools either. We also live in Apex! lol . I agree I feel more comfortable with my son at Apex High and I would probably any other of the highschools around here. But low and behold, this year our subdivision got redistricted and now my daughter will have to go to a different highschool than my son if we have to stay another year!

Old 07-24-2006, 09:09 AM

Well we live in Apex but my kids go to Middle Creek, great schools they really helped my son after he had surgery, we were worring aout him graduating since he missed a month of school butthey really went the extra mile to help him. Why are you leaving? where you off to?

Old 07-24-2006, 09:21 AM

250 posts, read 718,564 times
Quote:
Why do you feel like you don't fit in? I'm just curious because we live in FL and I have been feeling like that lately and wondering if it was just me.

Old 07-24-2006, 09:25 AM

477 posts, read 1,049,704 times
Quote:

Why do you not "fit in"? Where did you Move from originally? Just curious......

Old 07-24-2006, 09:25 AM

we are originally from Oregon, it is slower paced here than we are usedto, also we get comments constantly about why we dont go to church. My husband is in construction and was actually told to cover his tattoo and go to church and he might get more work. Our neighbors here are really nice, mostly because they to are from other places, but the first neighborhood we lived in after they found out we dont go to church people actually stopped talking to us, this I dont understand.

Old 07-24-2006, 09:30 AM

10,357 posts, read 17,433,883 times
Well, I don't understand the "not fitting in". By the way...I have two very small tatoos on my left ankle...and no one has ever told me to cover them up. Of course...if you knew me, you'd know what my response to that would be! I wanted to change my business card to "R with a HEART" but my broker in charge say "nah"! Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina