U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 05:42 AM

10,010 posts, read 11,936,028 times
I cant stand the humidity, when it is 95 with 75% humidity and you go outside, you fell sticky and wet all the time, not to mention i get devouered by mosquitos, so you have to spray bug spray on you which then adds to the yuk feeling. I was in AZ during October and November and just loved the fact i could go swimming and hiking, we went back in Feb to visit freinds and wow we could still go outside with now winter coat and go hiking and no freeze, I love snow hate ice, but wont miss it. It was 109 in Oregon yesterday where my family is with humidity and they were dying. me I HATE MOSQUITOS and gnats!! that hover around your face the entire time you are outside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2006, 05:28 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,551,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700
Oh my gosh Chick I'm getting to old for this heat. I could barely breathe on Saturday. As soon as I get home from work I'm in the pool. Today I was crazy and cooked eggplant over the hot stove and sweated to death. I had a craving so I made it. It was good but boy was I grouchy while I was cooking.

We had friends over Saturday and we went out to lunch and stayed in the pool till like 10 pm. We didn't want to get out.

When are you planning to go to NC?
Mmmm! Eggplant! Love it roasted or in Baba Ganoush (sp?).

You're a brave woman for cooking in that heat! I would've been grouchy too!

I was planning for August, but my supervisor had shot that plan down when my work load was increased. So I was told to push my vacation time to September/October. I'm looking at this positively as it will give me a chance to see how NC looks in the Fall (I love when the trees change colors).

Old 07-25-2006, 07:46 PM

2,295 posts, read 166,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassieb75
When I tell people we are looking to move there(NC) they start scrunching up their faces and himmin' an hawin' about how sticky and humid it is out there. Im sorry, I just cannot imagine it being worse than here! For 2 months? I'll take that over the blistering heat for 6 months anyday!!!

That's right I'm tired of burning my hands on everything I touch.

Old 07-25-2006, 07:47 PM

1,130 posts, read 100,404 times
Remember, its a dry heat LOL Like being in an oven. Just open your mouth and you puff smoke LOL

Old 07-25-2006, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITChick
Mmmm! Eggplant! Love it roasted or in Baba Ganoush (sp?).

You're a brave woman for cooking in that heat! I would've been grouchy too!

I was planning for August, but my supervisor had shot that plan down when my work load was increased. So I was told to push my vacation time to September/October. I'm looking at this positively as it will give me a chance to see how NC looks in the Fall (I love when the trees change colors).

Oh you brat! I never thought of that. I loves the colors of the leaves. I love leaves, pictures of leaves, leaf patterns etc.

Bet my Lake Norman looks nice with colored leaves.

Old 07-26-2006, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700
Oh you brat! I never thought of that. I loves the colors of the leaves. I love leaves, pictures of leaves, leaf patterns etc.

Bet my Lake Norman looks nice with colored leaves.
I'll bet it does.
Can't wait to see that area for myself.

Old 07-27-2006, 01:19 AM

2,658 posts, read 4,890,205 times
Default Fall Colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITChick
So I was told to push my vacation time to September/October. I'm looking at this positively as it will give me a chance to see how NC looks in the Fall (I love when the trees change colors).
October is best for fall color; a little bit earlier at the higher elevations. Just be prepared for the mountain roads to be a parking lot on the weekends. We made that mistake once since we moved here . Luckily we were heading out of the mountains as people were heading up so we didn't get hung up in the narrow lane stoppages

Keep an eye on weather.com. They track peak foliage. So do most of the tourist sites.

Old 07-27-2006, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing
October is best for fall color; a little bit earlier at the higher elevations. Just be prepared for the mountain roads to be a parking lot on the weekends. We made that mistake once since we moved here . Luckily we were heading out of the mountains as people were heading up so we didn't get hung up in the narrow lane stoppages

Keep an eye on weather.com. They track peak foliage. So do most of the tourist sites.
Oh so excited I can't wait to see it. I may take up Photography.

Old 07-27-2006, 11:06 AM

957 posts, read 3,108,038 times
My sister manages an apartment complex in the San Fernando Valley North of LA. She said it hit like 114 and their transformer blew and a utility worker got electrocuted trying to fix it. The city set up a huge generator to run their power for 2 weeks.
I will take my chances getting hit by a bus here in the City.

Old 07-27-2006, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing

Foliage watch, oh yeah! One of the best things about Fall!

Thanks for the tips on the mountain roads and weather.com!

I'm so used to driving on flatlands that I don't know how I'd handle the mountains. Hope I don't get cursed out too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina