U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 08:58 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,994,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR
Ok people...if you are unhappy with your agent...FIRE HIM! Its not that difficult to figure it out. You signed a contract BUT...all it takes is a letter in writing and a call to the broker in charge! I never never want anyone to work with me that is unhappy. Oh? Did I mention that I tell my clients if they are unhappy to please fire me? Funny...in all these years...its never happened once! Vicki
Really? I am not happy but she said that she will need to be paid her marketing costs and we dont have that kind of cash. SHe said her broker agreed so we are stuck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2006, 09:03 AM

1,126 posts, read 3,566,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsbabe1
Really? I am not happy but she said that she will need to be paid her marketing costs and we dont have that kind of cash. SHe said her broker agreed so we are stuck.
Not sure about your state, but, here you can fire your RE agent regardless and pay $0

Old 07-26-2006, 09:08 AM

I am in Apex North Carolina

Old 07-26-2006, 09:22 AM

483 posts, read 1,447,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by connie
Sounds familiar!! I get really frustrated when I learn that it was a "fake" showing, i.e. a realtor bringing another seller to check the competition etc. If I spent this much time cleaning the house, then I feel the least they can do is make an offer ....
Oh you too? You have my sympathy. I had the same experience. BTW, if you are curious to get feedback, my agent had told me that I had free will to call the buyer's agent and ask for feedback, whether it be positive or negative, so don't feel that you have to depend on your own agent to get feedback. Because unless the buyer's agent calls, I don't think your own agent would be interested in just small talk from the other agent. Sometimes you have to do their job as well. Sad but true.

Old 07-26-2006, 09:25 AM

12,009 posts, read 28,273,379 times
Gregsbabe...read your contract...does it specify that if you cancel your listing contract that you have to pay marketing fees? If so...sounds fair to me. However...do not be afraid to talk to your agents, people. Tell them why you are unhappy and hopefully, they'll do something about that. If not...there is always the NC RE commission. Sorry that you are having a bad experience but I realize that not all are as good as me!!! Vicki

Old 07-26-2006, 09:29 AM

164 posts, read 318,520 times
Quote:
I can see having that problem. I think most agencies will dissolve the contract if people are unhappy, but some will play hardball. We have a couple of agencies here that will make you stick out the term of your contract. Have you read your entire contract cover to cover?? There might be something in there that gets you out. When does the term expire??

Old 07-26-2006, 09:31 AM

483 posts, read 1,447,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrcts04
We're in LI, NY & they he told me that putting an ad in Newsday would be a waste. He wants to put ads in Queens newspapers. We had one open house & 2 people showed. We're supposed to have another this weekend. I want to get rid of this realtor! Well, lucky for us I think we have a buyer who is a friend of a neighbor. They did not go through the real estate. I would hate to pay them a commission for something they did not do.
Vicki...any advise??
That's not true. You have nothing to lose by having your house advertised on Newsday. His loss will be the cost for the advertisement in the paper. And yes, it's also good to have it advertised in the Queens newspaper as well. My agent did that about several weeks we had our house on the market. He expanded the advertisement/listing to Queens as well. To Vicki's point, read the contract about the commission if you sell it on your own.

Old 07-26-2006, 09:31 AM

We dont have a copy I have asked her a couple times and she says she will get it to me, we were so excited we just forgot to get it. When I do get it i will read it completely.

Old 07-26-2006, 09:47 AM

164 posts, read 318,520 times
Quote:
We dont have a copy I have asked her a couple times and she says she will get it to me, we were so excited we just forgot to get it. When I do get it i will read it completely.

What???!! She didn't give you a copy of the contract, and has not responded even though you've asked for it!! That's bad. I would tell her that her only job today - her only one - is to get you a copy of that contract. You are entitled to it. I don't know NC law, and am not trying to give you legal advice, but I am a lawyer and that does not sound right to me at all.

That's not to say that you should be excused from paying marketing fees or from fulfilling your end of the contract. But to not give you a copy of the contract is bad and unprofessional. I would complain about that.

Old 07-26-2006, 09:52 AM

1,126 posts, read 3,566,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by connie
What???!! She didn't give you a copy of the contract, and has not responded even though you've asked for it!! That's bad. I would tell her that her only job today - her only one - is to get you a copy of that contract. You are entitled to it. I don't know NC law, and am not trying to give you legal advice, but I am a lawyer and that does not sound right to me at all.

That's not to say that you should be excused from paying marketing fees or from fulfilling your end of the contract. But to not give you a copy of the contract is bad and unprofessional. I would complain about that.
I would go to the office and ask for it. If not, tell the broker you are reporting them to the DRE. They will get it. Also, tell them to show you receipts on what advertisement they paid if indeed you have to pay per the contract. I have never found a broker that will not allow you out of the contract. They can't force you to sell your home. There are some lawyers in here that can chime in on what's legal and what court would do if it went legal.

Last edited by TornadoAlley; 07-26-2006 at 09:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina