U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 01:28 PM

164 posts, read 318,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdj43
You had me laughing so hard because my husband did the same thing when we were selling our house. I would call him to vent and he would say "Uh, honey, can I call you back because I'm busy right now". And what the heck am I doing? Crocheting a blanket? For those who have sold your house, congratulations. For those who haven't yet, you will and when it does happen, you will literally feel the weight come off your shoulders and your focus will come back. And then you can put the monster suit back in the closet
Yes, I can't wait for this pressure to ease off. In the meantime, I've given Brent (husband) these guidelines:

Dangerous: What's for dinner?
Safe: Where would you like to go for dinner?

Dangerous: What are you so worked up about?
Safe: Here's fifty dollars.

Dangerous: Should you be eating that?
Safe: Can I get you a glass of wine with that?

Dangerous: Are you wearing THAT?
Safe: Wow! Look at you!

Dangerous: What did you DO all day?
Safe: I've always loved you in that robe.

Seriously, some things have improved. I dropped off my 3 oldest kids at a rest stop on the California/Oregon border. I still have my youngest, and he's a problem, but the house should stay cleaner.

Relax ... my parents picked up the other three - staying at a nice resort for the next few weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2006, 01:32 PM

483 posts, read 1,446,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by connie
Yes, I can't wait for this pressure to ease off. In the meantime, I've given Brent (husband) these guidelines:

Seriously, some things have improved. I dropped off my 3 oldest kids at a rest stop on the California/Oregon border. I still have my youngest, and he's a problem, but the house should stay cleaner.

Relax ... my parents picked up the other three - staying at a nice resort for the next few weeks.
That's pretty funny because my husband says the same things to me. Guess he likes treading into dangerous territory.

Old 07-26-2006, 01:34 PM

1,126 posts, read 3,565,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by connie

Old 07-26-2006, 05:27 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,649,589 times
How about the garbage sitting by the door to go out - yes that means it needs to go into the garbage can outside, I wonder if I should put up a sign

Old 07-26-2006, 05:44 PM

1,126 posts, read 3,565,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weis02
How about the garbage sitting by the door to go out - yes that means it needs to go into the garbage can outside, I wonder if I should put up a sign
If I go to the garbage can every day, that is 28-31 (depending on the month) trips each month. If I skip a few days, that is less trips. The garbage man comes once a week. So, if I go out there say once a week (hey he only comes once a week) I just dropped the trip to the can to 4 times a month. Only fair right

Old 07-26-2006, 07:31 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,649,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoAlley
If I go to the garbage can every day, that is 28-31 (depending on the month) trips each month. If I skip a few days, that is less trips. The garbage man comes once a week. So, if I go out there say once a week (hey he only comes once a week) I just dropped the trip to the can to 4 times a month. Only fair right
your are too funny - i imagine you researched this too

Old 07-26-2006, 08:06 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,221,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamj67
We (wife and I) know exactly what you mean, no call backs after showings and the real kicker was the no call or note even, after an open house. I hated the fact that we had to call our realtor after an open house to find out what happened. The first open house we were waiting around because we figured "she will definitly call us to let us know how it went", I finally called her after 2 hours and she says "oh this couple really liked the house and offered 10% under the listing price". (the wife and I are like, HELLOOOO!!!!! how about a call?) It turns out they were great buyers, no house to sell pre-approved and working with another agent from my agents office, my agent found out they would go up another $15,000 which was $30,000 under listing price. She swore up and down she would get us $15,000 more than what they were offering. I thought the listing price was a bit high to begin with but I guess I believed her B.S., we wound up passing on thier offer on her advice and sold 5 weeks and a price reduction later for exactly
10% under the original listing price. The thing was I wasn't aware that the market was getting funny because I was spending every extra moment I had working on this house. Mean-while we keep telling our agent "WE NEED A QUICK SALE" because we are moving, we have another house in NC and another mortgage. I swear thinking back on it I think i was talking to a wall, she just didn't get it.

We are on L.I. and the market seems really slow, I think no one is buying unless they get a fantastic deal. My cousin's house is just sitting on the market with-out even a single offer.

Good-luck, keep having faith
Sounds like someone wanted a bigger commission check?! lol

Old 07-26-2006, 11:15 PM

79 posts, read 229,734 times
YES!!!! She wanted more money! When our buyer made the offer, it was a respectable offer so my wife and I told our agent to just accept as is in the hopes of saving time and stress. My agent kept insisting she counter offer her, it took me about 20mins. to get it through to her we are in a hurry and want to move Yesterday!!!

Even after accepting the offer it took us a month to get into contract, we had to fire our first lawyer because they would not call anybody back. They wouldn't call me, my agent or the buyer's lawyer,,,,UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! He wasted over 2 weeks of our time. This lawyer is also in one of the biggest firms on LI, I won't name names but it was so unacceptable. Our second lawyer is great, he is really rushing this sale through, great guy.

Old 07-27-2006, 08:41 AM

483 posts, read 1,446,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamj67
YES!!!! She wanted more money! When our buyer made the offer, it was a respectable offer so my wife and I told our agent to just accept as is in the hopes of saving time and stress. My agent kept insisting she counter offer her, it took me about 20mins. to get it through to her we are in a hurry and want to move Yesterday!!!

Even after accepting the offer it took us a month to get into contract, we had to fire our first lawyer because they would not call anybody back. They wouldn't call me, my agent or the buyer's lawyer,,,,UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! He wasted over 2 weeks of our time. This lawyer is also in one of the biggest firms on LI, I won't name names but it was so unacceptable. Our second lawyer is great, he is really rushing this sale through, great guy.
That is so unethical of your agent. Remember, and this is my agent telling me this, the agents work for us, not the other way around. And the agent is obligated to disclose all offers to you, no matter how high or low and they are supposed to relay to the buyers whether you want to accept, reject, or counteroffer. It stinks when you can't conduct the business yourself.

Old 07-27-2006, 09:17 AM

12,000 posts, read 28,236,217 times
I had clients moving from NY to NC and it took THREE MONTHS to get their home in NY closed. The reason? In NY, you have THREE LAWYERS...one for the buyers, one for the sellers and one for the mortgage company. And the holdup is...the 3 lawyers must agree on a closing date!

In NC...I call my favorite attornies, I get a closing date and we close in less than 30 days. If I don't like what my attorney does...I tell her, she changes or we find a new attorney! I love having the power!!!

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina