U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Which area?
King's Grant 0 0%
Sanford 3 23.08%
Lillington 1 7.69%
Cumberland 1 7.69%
Harnett 0 0%
Carolina Lakes 0 0%
Whispering Pines 2 15.38%
Southern Pines 4 30.77%
Stedman 0 0%
Eastover 1 7.69%
Cameron 0 0%
Linden 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-07-2010, 06:09 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
31 posts, read 81,473 times
Reputation: 12

Advertisements

I gathered info from other users and found recommended places. 45mins or less to Ft. Bragg/Pope AFB.

My wife and I are young, but settled down and aren't interested in city life. We were interested in areas that were very low in crime and enough near by just to take care of every day needs. We were looking for furnished apartments only. We don't really need a whole lot, we come from a city of 60,000. My wife didn't want to travel more than 30mins. to work, but there might be an exception if the towns fit our criteria.

Please feel free to share your opinion on the areas above.
I encourage you to explain why you voted for that area.

Thank You!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-07-2010, 10:12 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
31 posts, read 81,473 times
Reputation: 12
The areas I was considering the most was Sanford, Pinehurst, Whispering Pines and Seven Lakes...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2010, 10:43 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
44,880 posts, read 56,395,569 times
Reputation: 37993
Quote:
Originally Posted by strait6TT View Post
I gathered info from other users and found recommended places. 45mins or less to Ft. Bragg/Pope AFB.

My wife and I are young, but settled down and aren't interested in city life. We were interested in areas that were very low in crime and enough near by just to take care of every day needs. We were looking for furnished apartments only. We don't really need a whole lot, we come from a city of 60,000. My wife didn't want to travel more than 30mins. to work, but there might be an exception if the towns fit our criteria.

Please feel free to share your opinion on the areas above.
I encourage you to explain why you voted for that area.

Thank You!
Wow, do apartments come furnished where you come from? Not very common here I don't think, but good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2010, 10:51 PM
NCN
 
14,087 posts, read 12,354,238 times
Reputation: 16182
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Wow, do apartments come furnished where you come from? Not very common here I don't think, but good luck!
They do in Fayetteville. I used to live in one. Fayetteville was not one of her choices. I really enjoyed living almost downtown in Fayetteville, but that was about 45 years ago. Downtown Fayetteville still looked good the last time we visited. As a matter of fact, it looked better than it did when we lived there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2010, 11:07 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
44,880 posts, read 56,395,569 times
Reputation: 37993
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
They do in Fayetteville. I used to live in one. Fayetteville was not one of her choices. I really enjoyed living almost downtown in Fayetteville, but that was about 45 years ago. Downtown Fayetteville still looked good the last time we visited. As a matter of fact, it looked better than it did when we lived there.
I guess they come furnished because of all the military folks that are always coming in and out? Just seems so old-fashioned or something Sadly, Fayetteville does not have a great reputation as a place to live, but I'm glad you have fond memories of the place.

In any case, I think the OP is better off looking toward the Southern Pines and Whispering Pines areas and out of Fayetteville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2010, 11:41 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
31 posts, read 81,473 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I guess they come furnished because of all the military folks that are always coming in and out? Just seems so old-fashioned or something Sadly, Fayetteville does not have a great reputation as a place to live, but I'm glad you have fond memories of the place.

In any case, I think the OP is better off looking toward the Southern Pines and Whispering Pines areas and out of Fayetteville.
Yes, thankyou. The whole furnished apartment thing isn't a big deal. I just thought it would be easier. I created this thread mainly for which areas out of those that I listed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2010, 12:08 AM
 
1,065 posts, read 1,727,427 times
Reputation: 767
I haven't lived there but like Eastover. But I don't know about apartments though. You may be able to find some apartments in Pinehurst that are decent and possibly Sothern Pines. But know that the daily commute is ruthless and not the minutes that mapquest says.

All the furnished apartments I have ever heard about is in Fayetteville but I spent most of my time there so I don't know too much other than visits to the other areas you have listed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2010, 08:38 AM
 
Location: Fayetteville, NC
1,482 posts, read 3,045,143 times
Reputation: 1494
Good luck with finding nice furnished apartments in a good location. I have not heard of any that I would live in. They would be more like extended stay hotels.

There are plenty of nice apartment complexes in Fayetteville area. Some are even gated. Fayetteville gets a lot of bad publicity but there is plenty to do here and like most cities of you stay out of rough neigborhoods you will be fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2010, 02:52 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
31 posts, read 81,473 times
Reputation: 12
Well, I talked to someone and am in the process of lining things up possibly with Woodland Heights Apartments in Sanford. If any of you would like to chime in about the apartment or Sanford. Please do. Sanford sounds like I would most likely enjoy it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2010, 05:55 PM
 
Location: Fayetteville, NC
1,482 posts, read 3,045,143 times
Reputation: 1494
That place has good reviews on Google. Sanford would be a decent commute to Pope. A little closer to Raleigh too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top