U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-12-2010, 04:55 PM

46 posts, read 143,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinak2005 View Post
At least you now have some kind of answer. I called yesterday and all I could get out them was "We can not provide a time frame because all returns are different".
Yes, they did give me an "excuse." However, the funny thing is that my tax return had been filed SIX weeks before a claim had been placed against my refund. SIX WEEKS. In six weeks the Dept. had not done anything with my return; I e-filed wayyy before Kenneth Lay announced that the Dept was having money issues. I filed on 1/15th, the claim was made against my refund on 2/24th. On the exact day that the claim was made against my refund, I called the company and was able to clear the mistake up. Within hours of doing that, the NC Dept of Revenue had dropped the claim and my refund was no longer in jeopardy. We are talking about a problem that occured and was resolved within 3-4 hours. So, why the heck did the Dept push my return to the bottom of the heap so quickly? Answer: To delay the disbursement of a refund. Any opportunity that they get to delay a refund, they will take it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 05:22 PM

3 posts, read 12,428 times
Did anyone catch the story on Fox this morning that NC was one of the states that was putting refunds on hold for an extended portion of time? What a joke!

Old 03-16-2010, 08:07 PM

1 posts, read 6,889 times
Default Outrageous...

I did not catch the Fox News update on the situation. However, I e-filed my return on February 5th, and still haven't seen anything yet. At first, when I checked the status of my refund online it stated that my refund had been processed. Then a few days later, it stated what everyone else is seeing (your refund is being processed). I have also called and the agent merely told me that my refund was still being processed. When I asked why the refund was taking so long they stated it had to go through their internal process. This was the limit of their response. This is absolutely rediculous.

I bet if we assembled a petition in protest with thousands of registered voters signing something would get done. I'd be certain to stipulate on it that we demand resignation of the Governor if action is not taken immediately to release all owed funds (w/interest paid from the date the refund was accepted).

Old 03-16-2010, 09:52 PM

10 posts, read 26,536 times
I efiled feb.8 and was accepted feb 10. I am getting the same ole message as everyone else, but from what I can see from reading these forums is that when it's time for us to finally get our refunds our status will change on a Tuesday with our deposits coming on Wednesdays. I'm gonna give up checking for a week cause it's just ticking me off and try checking it next Tuesday.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:15 AM

5 posts, read 17,955 times
Default Still Waiting

It has officially been 6 weeks since my return was accepted. Still no refund. I don't even know why I continue to check, it just stresses me out.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:16 AM

1 posts, read 6,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRoyal10900 View Post
You keep harping on them building dams. That money is allocated in a different part of the budget. If the dams were built, they were probably necessary. That money is not free money to give for tax refunds. You obviously have no idea how budgets work.
It is you who does not seem to understand how budgets/budgeting works. As is always the case, the rules that are used to control and punish the people of this state - at the hands of the NCGA, not to mention the IRS - are not applied to them. Here is how buidgeting works: 1.) You do not plan for capital expenditures or spend money you do not have. 2.) You do not take money that belongs to other people and spend it without the permission of the poeople it belongs to, such as our legally mandated tax-free loan to the state of North Carolina and the federal government being hekld past the point of the tax refund filing. That is called stealing when you take and/or keep someone else's money or propertry and then use it for your own gain or profit. 3.) You do not continue - year after year - to fail to balance your budget or come up with a plan that will, and expect to not be homeless and hungry.

Before you decide to belittle someone else who is having a tough financial time, maybe you should consider that you are also likely to have trouble financially. Also, please do not post if you are NC Revenue employee!

Old 03-17-2010, 08:45 AM

1,354 posts, read 1,262,557 times
Default Waiting on your NC Income Tax returns?

Is anyone waiting a long time for theirs too?
I filed in late January for MI, Federal and NC at the same time via e-file.
I got my MI one and Federal within 2 weeks, but here it is almost 2 months later and I still didn't get my return.

I heard on the AM station yesterday NC is deliberately holding up the funds (72 million?) so they can balance the state budget. If MI can do it with the poor financial state they are in, why can't NC?????

Anyone have any insight?

Old 03-17-2010, 09:03 AM

588 posts, read 756,983 times
That's why you need to under pay your state taxes a little so you won't have your money held hostage by the state.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:07 AM

110 posts, read 190,762 times
Default Anyone receive their tax refund from NC yet?

We e-filed on 2/11 & received the Fed within 9 days. Still waiting for NC...?

Old 03-17-2010, 09:07 AM

1,644 posts, read 2,752,199 times
Thankfully we owe the state, rather than the other way around!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina