Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 05:37 AM

46 posts, read 221,124 times

Advertisements

well we did out taxes efile on 2/4 and told there is no time line my husband built two dams tehre we paid a hell of alot of money into nc an we are owed back and i want and need my money HE IS NOW LAID OFF i am disabled and we NEED OUR MONEY please write your goevermnet office your local newspapers get teh word out we are pissed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 05:12 PM

1 posts, read 4,995 times
I filed jan. 15 and still no refund. I have a friend who lives in florida now and received hers a week after she filed. I'm not understanding why I still haven't received mine. When they where for the same amount? So frustrating when working people are in need of the money for purposes of paying bills among other things.

Old 02-28-2010, 09:16 PM

46 posts, read 195,423 times
I typed a letter tonight to the Secretary of the Department of Revenue, Kenneth Lay. I CC'd Senator Dan Blue and Rosa Gill, the representative for my area. I'm mailing the letter tomorrow. I am a single mother of four children. The state owes me a refund; I need it; I want it. It's been 7 weeks now.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:20 AM

dont just send regular mail send email and send every week the same one till you get your refund ev1 needs o do this EV1

Old 03-01-2010, 11:53 AM

82 posts, read 295,209 times
Folks, there is no money to give you. Do you want a refund check that will bounce?

Old 03-01-2010, 01:21 PM

I thought about sending the email too. I definitly wanted to send it in the mail though, just in case the email gets overlooked or something.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:24 PM

Yes, there is money to give us. How is the NC Dept of Revenue paying their own bills? Have their utilites been cut off? Have they stopped purchasing and paying for office supplies? In addition, another reason why I know there is money to give us is because Kenneth Lay, the Secretary for the Dept of Revenue posts a new dollar amount every week, showing what his office pays out in refunds.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:45 AM

agrre with taylor and let me say this............. those of us owed a refund means we overpaid so tey had my money to use all year long now give me what is owed to me........ i have no money do you think they care so i could care less........... they built two dams one in marion nc and another oen in yadkinville nc one dam cost 5 million the other i think like 2 million so dont tell me they dont have money

Old 03-03-2010, 05:52 AM

148 posts, read 574,413 times
our state tax return was accepted on 1/29 and we still have not received our refund. We received our federal refund within a week. My mom filed a week after we did and received her state refund in about a week. Her refund was a little over $100, and we are owed a little over $1200. If they are holding on to the larger refunds, I suspect it will be the end of the year before we see ours, but we sure could use it NOW.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:05 AM

983 posts, read 3,988,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanamo View Post
agrre with taylor and let me say this............. those of us owed a refund means we overpaid so tey had my money to use all year long now give me what is owed to me........ i have no money do you think they care so i could care less........... they built two dams one in marion nc and another oen in yadkinville nc one dam cost 5 million the other i think like 2 million so dont tell me they dont have money

You keep harping on them building dams. That money is allocated in a different part of the budget. If the dams were built, they were probably necessary. That money is not free money to give for tax refunds. You obviously have no idea how budgets work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina