U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-01-2007, 07:59 AM

769 posts, read 1,536,098 times

Advertisements

Guys,

I will be visiting NC in a week with my wife, our 2yr-old and 5 yr-old to do some scouting prior to relocating to the area. I will stay 2 nights in Charlotte, 1 night in Greensboro, and 3 nights in Raleigh. Since we will have the kids with us, I would like to know where are some fun places that we can visit with the kids and things we can do together as a family while there? Places to eat would also be good. If you know of any West Indian Restaurants that would be good as well. Any suggestions? Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 08:04 AM

4,732 posts, read 13,569,827 times
For Charlotte:

DISCOVERY PLACE | igniting wonder since 1981 | CHARLOTTE NATURE MUSEUM | IMAX | Discovery Place with the Charlotte Observer IMAX Dome Theater and the Charlotte Nature Musuem are the things to do in Uptown Charlotte, North Carolina. Visit the Discover

ImaginOn: The Joe & Joan Martin Center

Carolina Raptor Center - Directions & Map (http://www.carolinaraptorcenter.org/directions.php - broken link) (also has historic Latta Plantation).

Carowinds amusement park Carowinds | North and South Carolina's Themed Amusement Park

Old 06-01-2007, 08:22 AM

770 posts, read 2,645,480 times
Charlotte-Carowinds is an amusement/water park. It is in part NC part SC. There is a mall located in Concord called Concord Mills Mall, very nice, has a huge fresh water tank inside of Bass Pro. I miss Ryans Buffet in Kannapolis, they also have a pizza place called Fuel which has excellent food.

Greensboro- I really do not know much about this area, but when I visited a friend in Kernersville we ate at K&W Cafeteria...very affordable, lots of variety and very good.

Raleigh- www.silverlakewaterpark.com, Playspace Children's Museum those are a few places I was told to check out while I was there. Someone recommended this place to eat hat kids can play and all that, but I do not remember what it was called.We are going next week, good luck with your trip! Oh and there is also two public pools, if you google raleigh recreation I think they are called the Optimist Pool and Pa something pool...LOL.

Old 06-01-2007, 08:45 AM

1,264 posts, read 1,671,730 times
panning for gold is a fun thing in the Charlotte area for kids. Just ask around when you get there and someone will point you in the right direction.

Old 06-01-2007, 08:50 AM

4,732 posts, read 13,569,827 times
Oh yeah. www.reedmine.com

Old 06-01-2007, 01:09 PM

769 posts, read 1,536,098 times
Wow! Thanks for your contribution guys, this really helps a lot. Now all I have left is to find a realtor willing to show me a few homes for sale in Raleigh.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:19 PM

3,197 posts, read 6,039,816 times
In Greensboro you've got the Emerald Pointe Water Park:

Wet 'n Wild Emerald Pointe :: Wet 'n Wild Emerald Pointe

Celebration Station:

Celebration Station

In Winston-Salem you can visit Old Salem and take a tour by horse and carriage:

Old Salem Museums and Gardens

In Spencer, the NC Transportation Museum (it's free!):

NC Transportation Museum Spencer N.C. at Historic Spencer Shops: Former Southern Railway steam locomotive repair facility, now a North Carolina State Historic Site, N.C. Department of Cultural Resources, exhibiting trains, rolling stock, passenger ca

Old 06-01-2007, 01:22 PM

85 posts, read 288,997 times
While in Greensboro, try Emerald Pointe Water Park.

Wet 'n Wild Emerald Pointe :: Wet 'n Wild Emerald Pointe

Old 06-01-2007, 08:16 PM

1,418 posts, read 5,027,530 times
Good list. I'd also throw in U.S. National Whitewater Center. It's the largest of its kind in the world and also has the largest climbing wall in the nation. They can adjust the rapids to any skill level. Awesome place. Also, there's Splash Planet in uptown Charlotte, an indoor waterpark. Carowinds Theme Park also has a waterpark (it's included in the park admission). And this is just a short list. There's a lot to do in the Charlotte area.

In the Greensboro area, they have one of the best natural habitat zoos in the nation and a Wet 'n' Wild waterpark.

Have fun!!!

Old 06-01-2007, 11:20 PM

460 posts, read 1,692,913 times
We have a nice realtor in Raleigh area if you IM me I will give you her info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina