U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-08-2010, 02:56 PM

1,149 posts, read 2,359,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedandconcerned View Post
Thank you SO much. That clears up all of my questions and alleviates my fears of becoming destitute as I continue to search for a comparable position. I was very anxious that I would be left high and dry come July 12th, but after your explanation I feel confident that I will be able to receive either EUC or EB, as my reason for unemployment is 'organizational restructuring', where I was neither fired, nor quit.

Thanks again!! CandC
You're welcome.

I just realized, however, that I misspoke regarding which quarters were used to determine your overall eligibility for receiving benefits. I got confused with the July 12th date you mentioned, thinking that you filed your claim LAST July. But I now realize that was not the case...it's that you're exhausting your regular UI July 12th, which would mean that you filed your claim anywhere from 13-26 weeks ago, which would be a DIFFERENT base period than what I had originally stated. The base period is actually the first four of the last five completed calendar quarters prior to the date you filed your claim. I'm going to assume you filed your claim in the first quarter of 2010 (Jan, Feb, Mar timeframe). Therefore, your base period at that time would have been 4Q2008, 1Q2009, 2Q2009 and 3Q2009.

Everything else in my post still holds true, but it's during THAT time that your wages were examined for eligibility, for both receiving unemployment benefits and also qualifying for extensions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 08:55 PM

39 posts, read 49,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
Well, I think you may be receiving EB right now because the EUC program has not yet been extended by the Senate. When that happens, and after the ESC updates the EUC programming in our system (2-3 days after Senate passage) you should be able to go back to getting EUC.

The "new law"...presumably the 6x rule you're referring to...does not prohibit someone from receiving EUC. In fact, if someone doesn't meet the 6x rule in order to qualify for a new benefit year, that paves the way for their unused extension money from their previous benefit year to be transferred to their new benefit year, as long as the issue (65 issue) has been resolved on the claim. I'd speak to someone to make sure that any 65 issue has been resolved on your claim. But technically, any 65 issue should also block EB from paying, so without actually seeing the status of your claim, I really am not sure what's going on. That sounds terrible, I know, but I'm really just blindly trying to surmise what's going on without actually seeing your claim.
i know for a fact that NO "65 issues" are being resolved.

there is no speaking to some one, they admit its THE NCESC's PROBLEM.

JDJLR, why is the 65 issue not fixed yet????

NO ONE is getting ANY pull forwards.

I AM due benefits, and am NOT getting them.

i don't care about the senate whatever.

I want to know WHY what i ALREADY QUALIFIED for before it EXPIRED isn't being paid to me.

I have sitting right here, a ELIGIBILITY STATEMENT, stating I am supposed to be being paid 14 weeks of teir II EUC.

I have already been paid 3 weeks, but then my "benefit year ended"

I am still due those 11 weeks, senate vote or not.

you people have ADMITTED, every single ESC employeee i have talked to, that this is YOUR problem, I AM DUE benefits, and they are NOT being given to me.

when when when when, will the ESC FIX THE CURRENT PROBLEM

Old 06-08-2010, 09:16 PM

11 posts, read 27,079 times
I thought you said the 1.5x had to be from a different employer. I was also a saleried employee. Does that make a difference? I did dig out my monetary determination and it goes back to 1st q 2008.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedandconcerned View Post
Thank you SO much. That clears up all of my questions and alleviates my fears of becoming destitute as I continue to search for a comparable position. I was very anxious that I would be left high and dry come July 12th, but after your explanation I feel confident that I will be able to receive either EUC or EB, as my reason for unemployment is 'organizational restructuring', where I was neither fired, nor quit.

Thanks again!! CandC
i wouldn't believe anything JD says.

seeing as the NCESC is now a criminal entity operating under state sanction, i wouldn't trust anyone related to criminals.

YOu WIL become destitute, you WILL not get paid at some point, they WILL leave you high and DRY and there is NOTHING that JDJLR says here that can affect or save anyone.

i call every day and get an admittance of criminal negligence from the ESC every single day.

if i file my claim and "qualify" and do not get paid, the NC ESC is in violation of the LAW, and therefore is a criminal entity.

Also, not paying benefits (and i am going to see an employment lawyer about this) i believe effectively NULL AND VOIDS and "work search requirements"

seeing as they aren't PAYING, again, the "requirements" are null and void because, they aren't following the LAW.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:30 AM

Moderator cut: tos violation
, YESTERDAY (TUESDAY) there would have been a pull-forward and any "65 issue" would not exist.

the esc, and anyone working or involved with them, is stepping on their toes, lying, violating the law, denying qualified applicants their benefits, AND to rub salt in the wound they remind you to "keep your work search requirements"

when they aren't even paying? REQUIREMENT FOR WHAT? NONPAYMENT?

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 06-09-2010 at 04:42 PM..

Old 06-09-2010, 03:15 PM

1,149 posts, read 2,359,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmboss View Post
i know for a fact that NO "65 issues" are being resolved.

there is no speaking to some one, they admit its THE NCESC's PROBLEM.

JDJLR, why is the 65 issue not fixed yet????

There are two different things here. One is the pull-forward programming being completed, but I am speaking of having the 65 ISSUE on someone's claim resolved so that when the pull-forward programming IS complete, then the money WILL transfer. If someone has a 65 issue on their claim and no one resolves the issue, then when the pull-forward programming is complete, that person still won't get paid because the issue has not been resolved. So it would behoove everyone in this situation to make sure that if they have a 65 ISSUE on their claim, that someone has resolved it. People MAY be getting the pull-forwards now, but YOU may not have because no one may have resolved the 65 issue on your claim (if yours has it on there).

NO ONE is getting ANY pull forwards.

At this point you may be right. They may have stopped all regularly scheduled pull forwards until they finished the other programming for the 65 issue. I am not sure, though. My office has not had computers since last Friday, so I have not been able to see for myself whether or not some of the claims I've been watching to see if the 65-issue-related programming has been implemented.

I AM due benefits, and am NOT getting them.

i don't care about the senate whatever.

You should. If they don't vote to extend the EUC program, then Tier 2 is where your benefits will stop (and maybe EB). But it's widely expected to pass and be extended.

I want to know WHY what i ALREADY QUALIFIED for before it EXPIRED isn't being paid to me.

Because your benefit year ended and you did not qualify for a new benefit year, and are awaiting programming. The letter you got entitling you to Tier 2 was from the previous benefit year. You do not qualify for a new benefit year and therefore qualify for no new benefits in that benefit year. It's only because of the programming being completed that they would bring forward that unused extension money for you to draw. Had your benefit year not ended, you would have continued with your Tier 2 uninterrupted.

I have sitting right here, a ELIGIBILITY STATEMENT, stating I am supposed to be being paid 14 weeks of teir II EUC.

I have already been paid 3 weeks, but then my "benefit year ended"

I am still due those 11 weeks, senate vote or not.

That's correct, the Senate vote should not have anything to do with you continuing Tier 2, since you were already in it.

you people have ADMITTED, every single ESC employeee i have talked to, that this is YOUR problem, I AM DUE benefits, and they are NOT being given to me.

when when when when, will the ESC FIX THE CURRENT PROBLEM
Quote:
i wouldn't believe anything JD says.

Hey, I'm just a messenger, spending little bits of my evenings and weekends (7 days a week, mind you) explaining things to people regarding their claims who haven't been given sufficient information from some other source or can't find the information. I don't HAVE to do this. It's not paid time or comp time...it's my own time. But a lot of people are confused or don't get good information. I know something about it and I can assist.

seeing as the NCESC is now a criminal entity operating under state sanction, i wouldn't trust anyone related to criminals.

I only work there. I don't make the rules, I don't program the systems. Heck, I don't even get the most up to date updates sometimes. I am not in Raleigh. It's frustrating for me, too, when we're not given the most up to date information.

YOu WIL become destitute, you WILL not get paid at some point, they WILL leave you high and DRY and there is NOTHING that JDJLR says here that can affect or save anyone.

i call every day and get an admittance of criminal negligence from the ESC every single day.

if i file my claim and "qualify" and do not get paid, the NC ESC is in violation of the LAW, and therefore is a criminal entity.

Riiiiiiight...

Also, not paying benefits (and i am going to see an employment lawyer about this) i believe effectively NULL AND VOIDS and "work search requirements"

Not so fast. Keep in mind that when the pull forward programming is complete (and again, it may be already), you will get paid all the back weeks you've certified for that are waiting to be paid. You will not have missed any weeks of payments. You may not have gotten them THAT week, but you will get them. So you might want to re-think the work search requirement being null and void. If you're not doing it, you're not eligible for benefits.

seeing as they aren't PAYING, again, the "requirements" are null and void because, they aren't following the LAW.
Quote:
i would take what JDLJR says with a grain of salt, AND a whole SALT SHAKER.

He claims pull-forwards happen on tuesdays, and before he's mentioned "maybe thursday"

Pull forwards DO (or HAVE BEEN) happening on Tuesdays. The pull forward programming that people are waiting for is DIFFERENT than the regular pull forwards that are/were occurring. The one week when it "might be Thursday" was when they were working on different programming and delayed the running that week.

regardless, IF what JDLJR is saying was TRUE, then, YESTERDAY (TUESDAY) there would have been a pull-forward and any "65 issue" would not exist.

Wrong. Once again, the pull forward programming for the 65 issue is a different issue from the pull forwards that have/had been occurring. I've never once stated anything here that wasn't true. And remember...a 65 issue will ALWAYS exist on someone's claim that didn't meet the 6x rule unless a consultant has gone in and manually resolved the issue, making way for the pull forward to occur.

the esc, and anyone working or involved with them, is stepping on their toes, lying, violating the law, denying qualified applicants their benefits, AND to rub salt in the wound they remind you to "keep your work search requirements"

Hey, I don't lie to anyone about their claim. Plain and simple, I tell them what their claim looks like, what they may qualify for in terms of extensions, etc. And I let them know right up front that anything can change, that there are no guarantees of benefits from week to week, especially with the programs moving toward phase out. What appears someone may qualify for NOW when they reach that point, they MAY NOT when they actually get to that point because of legislation.

when they aren't even paying? REQUIREMENT FOR WHAT? NONPAYMENT?
You're free to continue to rant all you want and I've refrained up until now, but it's time to address this. I am more than a little offended when you insinuate that I don't know what I'm talking about, or that I'm a criminal because I work for the ESC. But as a public servant, I have to endure the likes of such criticism, like it or not, so be it. In a message on this thread just yesterday, you said your anger wasn't directed at me. What's changed all of a sudden, that now you're hurling your anger my direction?

The Agency, and even we that work there, may have our faults, but I go above and beyond what's required to assist those that I work with in person, AND those on this board. I've not seen any other ESC employee donate time in the evenings and weekends to try and assist those in need (looking around...nope...none here). This is not part of my job description. Thankfully, the overwhelming majority of posts on these threads are general questions and I'm happy to provide the answers.

I make no excuses for the Agency as far as their programming blunders. I don't know what takes so long, I am not an IT person. I know the systems are decades old and are handling an unprecedented volume. I don't work in Raleigh, I work in a local office, in fact, far from there. I can only give out what information I'm provided, what little there is.

Please, please, let's not banter anymore. I have continued to provide what information I know regarding claims and the claim process, much of which greatly exceeds the information folks are getting from THEIR local offices or the Remote Service Center. I, too, am appalled by some of the lack of information provided, or lack of knowledge that folks here encounter when talking to other representatives. But I'm just one person in the larger ESC sea.

Last edited by jdljr; 06-09-2010 at 03:46 PM..

Old 06-09-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
You're free to continue to rant all you want and I've refrained up until now, but it's time to address this. I am more than a little offended when you insinuate that I don't know what I'm talking about, or that I'm a criminal because I work for the ESC. But as a public servant, I have to endure the likes of such criticism, like it or not, so be it. In a message on this thread just yesterday, you said your anger wasn't directed at me. What's changed all of a sudden, that now you're hurling your anger my direction?

The Agency, and even we that work there, may have our faults, but I go above and beyond what's required to assist those that I work with in person, AND those on this board. I've not seen any other ESC employee donate time in the evenings and weekends to try and assist those in need (looking around...nope...none here). This is not part of my job description. Thankfully, the overwhelming majority of posts on these threads are general questions and I'm happy to provide the answers.

I make no excuses for the Agency as far as their programming blunders. I don't know what takes so long, I am not an IT person. I know the systems are decades old and are handling an unprecedented volume. I don't work in Raleigh, I work in a local office, in fact, far from there. I can only give out what information I'm provided, what little there is.

Please, please, let's not banter anymore. I have continued to provide what information I know regarding claims and the claim process, much of which greatly exceeds the information folks are getting from THEIR local offices or the Remote Service Center. I, too, am appalled by some of the lack of information provided, or lack of knowledge that folks here encounter when talking to other representatives. But I'm just one person in the larger ESC sea.
i take offense to your WANTON qualify/disqualify of people who ask for your help.

You dole out "whether or not" we get benefits like god makes it rain.

Again, in the ESC world, there is NO CONSEQUENCES for not following the law. any person subject to that TWISTED reality, really, can never make 'sense'

i am SORRY that the state is not fulfilling its obligations, thats not MY fault.

as for banter, i really have nothing more to say. The NC ESC itself has repeatedly admitted they cannot help themselves and cannot stop continuing breaking the law. I want to only inform these people the esc WILL SCR3W YOOU OVER at one point, no matter what. There is nothing you can do, and no one IS IN EXISTANCE to help you.

Old 06-09-2010, 04:35 PM

13 posts, read 20,211 times
I want to thank everyone who has posted here. As the posts are honest and raw.

Some are trying to help, some are at their wits' end. I believe most of us are simply so upset that we are in the situation we have found ourselves in, that the worst comes out in us. I have been through the anger and frustration, now depressed thinking of what the future holds.

I'm trying my best to keep it together and hope you all can too. For those of you out there trying to help (jdljr- especially you) thank you!

Old 06-09-2010, 06:42 PM

7 posts, read 9,793 times
everyone is frustrated during this time. i know i am, i'm over 50 and this is the first time i've been unemployed this long.
let's try to help each other the best we can.
i appreciate the help i've gotten here.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:51 PM

612 posts, read 1,088,705 times
jdljr - you are a CLASS ACT! Seriously, I would have not been able to hold my tongue. Thank you again!!

Quote:
snip

At any rate, I'm happy to help you with general claim information if I can. If not, then we'll leave it at that and I wish you well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina