U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2010, 07:13 PM

22 posts, read 43,590 times

Advertisements

It never fails - you have a person (jdljr) spending their personal time to help other people. He/she does a great job at it, and is the friendliest "internet stranger" ive ever met - and yet somebody comes along and acts like a complete jerk - i see it all the time on internet forums....seriously I dont think anyone would handle farmboss' comments like you do/have. A true class act you are jdljr - thanks again for all the help that you provide to us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 09:13 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,143,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcornwell View Post
jdljr - you are a CLASS ACT! Seriously, I would have not been able to hold my tongue. Thank you again!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockomon View Post
It never fails - you have a person (jdljr) spending their personal time to help other people. He/she does a great job at it, and is the friendliest "internet stranger" ive ever met - and yet somebody comes along and acts like a complete jerk - i see it all the time on internet forums....seriously I dont think anyone would handle farmboss' comments like you do/have. A true class act you are jdljr - thanks again for all the help that you provide to us.
You're welcome.

FYI, Farmboss has apologized in a private message. S/He posted it here but it was deleted and s/he was given an infraction for hijacking the thread.

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled programming...Unemployment Insurance!

I truly do hope that for those awaiting payment, something happens soon. I know it's not easy to go several weeks without it and excuses don't pay the bills. I don't know how much more sense of urgency can be instilled into the area responsible for programming. It seems they never do anything quickly, but then again I don't know the magnitude of what needs to be done.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:47 PM

6 posts, read 11,570 times
i am a new user and can't figure out how to post a thread. sir, you are so helpful and kind and i am sorry for any person(s) who disrespected you on this forum. alot of us are newly unemployed and getting desperate, and desperate people sometimes say hurtful things. i have a general question maybe you could possibly answer. quick version,worked at call center for 5 years, got fired for too many occurences ( was on a warning but had 2 tardies in a month which put me over the limit) no other problems there, meeting stats, etc, but to be honest i had abused the attendance policy for the last year anyway so i had it coming ( my stupid mistake because my job sucked so bad) anyway, filed for unemployment online that day and applied for like 15 jobs online. have gotten only one interview and numerous rejections. very depressing. okay, so they finally send a letter saying i am disqualified for unemployment until july 03. ( was fired may 6) so i appealed it. then after asking an attorney he said i would most likely lose, the company i worked for is HUGE

Old 06-09-2010, 09:50 PM

SORRY.. it is a very very well known fortune 500 company. so i withdrew the appeal which was scheduled for 17 of june. my question is does that mean i will be able to collect unemployment for 26 weeks minus of course the 9 weeks of disqualifcation? that is what it looked like to me. i have never been unemployed longer than a week. i would appreciate any help. thank you.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:57 PM

hi triad job seeker! i know the feeling. i am 40 and just lost my job a month ago. it sucks with all the rejections. i have never seen anything like this in my lifetime. thinking about a career change. this is ridiculous!!!!!!!!very depressing! i am from greensboro so i know the deal in the triad. good luck!

Old 06-10-2010, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4theymkmerun View Post
SORRY.. it is a very very well known fortune 500 company. so i withdrew the appeal which was scheduled for 17 of june. my question is does that mean i will be able to collect unemployment for 26 weeks minus of course the 9 weeks of disqualifcation? that is what it looked like to me. i have never been unemployed longer than a week. i would appreciate any help. thank you.
Yes, if you've been disqualified until July 3rd, that means that anything up until that point would be disqualified and not payable, and anything after that point, so long as you remain otherwise eligible, would be payable. You'll still have to serve your non-payable waiting week that first eligible week after July 3rd.

Keep in mind, though, that your employer can appeal the decision also, if they feel adamant that you shouldn't be entitled to unemployment benefits. It works both ways...you could appeal, and so can they. But their appeal rights expire on a certain date just like yours.

I often encourage folks that receive a partial disqualification that they reconsider appealing...after all, you were found eligible...but with a small disqualification. While any appeal could reverse the initial decision and wipe out any disqualification period, it could also reverse the initial decision and find you completely ineligible. It's a gamble.

Now, keep in mind that this disqualification will prevent you from getting the EB extension faaar down the road, although you should still be eligible (if you meet the monetary requirement) for the EUC series of extensions provided they're still in effect if and when you get to that point.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:23 AM

thank you so much for your help. just to let you know i did withdraw the appeal. i called the presidor(spelling) and she let me email her a withdrawal. i kept a copy and will wait a few days and call the esc number to make sure they show no appeals. i sent the email yesterday. thank you for your common sense advice. you are so kind. i know what it is like working for a bureauracy and sometimes people get mad at the messenger which i think is so stupid!!!!you knowing the inner workings is saving me alot of disappointment down the road. thanks again, i will continue to look for work and hopefully having these small benefits will tide me over once they kick in. i honestly thought i would have a job by now!!!!!!i would just like to say to anyone who is reading who is stuck in a job they hate, think carefully before quitting or doing like i did and letting yourself get fired. i made 13 bucks an hour, had decent benefits, had fmla, 3 weeks paid vacation a year, sometimes we could get off early ( unpaid ) if calls were slow and i still blew it. please don't be foolish! thank you. it is rough out there. there are literally no jobs!!!!the employers know people are desperate.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:32 AM

i just called the adjutator( or whatever they are) she got my email and said it will be withdrawn the day of the hearing. so that is kind of scary. i wish i never appealed in the first place. was a knee jerk reaction without doing my research. now i am worried about this, however, the lady sounded competent and pleasant and she is proabably glad to have one less case to worry about. my employer uses good old TALX which i am sure you are familar with. i just hope that it is in fact withdrawn because i certainly will not be on the phone or in any courtroom so i hope then i will get my benefits after july 3 ( and the waiting week, thanks for explaining that, too) i had already sent in my direct deposit stuff like right when i applied. thanks again for your help. being unemployed is a scary feeling. on the up side gonna go see the a team movie this weekend.hopefully will be a good escape.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:04 AM

8 posts, read 19,262 times
I am new to this forum so I hope I am posting in the right place.
I have read about a number of people in my situation but am hoping for some moer insight. Last week when I filed my unemployment ( I am in my 4th week of Tier 2) I was told filing year ended..and I couln't file my claim. I went to NCESC and they did something to my profile so I could file. So, I went and filed last weeks claim and it said ACTIVE ISSUE so I didn't think it went through. Then I received 7 letters in the mail from NCESC 4 of which were monetary determination letters ranging in amounts. One said I was okay and the next said I was Claim has a indefininte/ineligible disqualification. Well, then after all of my direct deposit went in on Wednesday night. So, now I have a stack of really confusing contridictory letters from NCESC and I just went and filed for this week. Guess what?? now this week the message is...somewhere along the lines that my claim has been placed but cannot be filed due to ineligibilty ( don't quote me on how it reads)..So what now? Why is this happening now after everything was smooth sailing?? It seems like the government is playing mind games with us. Nevertheless, I am highly confused. Is this a system error, or am I disqualified, or what is going on. I am just trying to make it out here. I lost my job when the automotive industry crashed last year and I worked for a dealer that had his franchise taken. It has been a mess ever since.
HELP PLEEEEAAASSEEE..
p.s If I did this post wrong let me know. Like I said ..I am new to this.

Old 06-20-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlle78 View Post
I am new to this forum so I hope I am posting in the right place.
I have read about a number of people in my situation but am hoping for some moer insight. Last week when I filed my unemployment ( I am in my 4th week of Tier 2) I was told filing year ended..and I couln't file my claim. I went to NCESC and they did something to my profile so I could file. So, I went and filed last weeks claim and it said ACTIVE ISSUE so I didn't think it went through. Then I received 7 letters in the mail from NCESC 4 of which were monetary determination letters ranging in amounts. One said I was okay and the next said I was Claim has a indefininte/ineligible disqualification. Well, then after all of my direct deposit went in on Wednesday night. So, now I have a stack of really confusing contridictory letters from NCESC and I just went and filed for this week. Guess what?? now this week the message is...somewhere along the lines that my claim has been placed but cannot be filed due to ineligibilty ( don't quote me on how it reads)..So what now? Why is this happening now after everything was smooth sailing?? It seems like the government is playing mind games with us. Nevertheless, I am highly confused. Is this a system error, or am I disqualified, or what is going on. I am just trying to make it out here. I lost my job when the automotive industry crashed last year and I worked for a dealer that had his franchise taken. It has been a mess ever since.
HELP PLEEEEAAASSEEE..
p.s If I did this post wrong let me know. Like I said ..I am new to this.
It sounds like perhaps when you started your 2nd benefit year you had not worked any during your first benefit year and therefore did not meet the 6x rule, and consequently you did not qualify for the 2nd benefit year and the "65" issue was set on your clam. In this case, they would have set up a "dummy" benefit year for you and, once someone resolved that 65 issue, transferred your unused extension money from your previous benefit year for you to draw in your new benefit year and all would have been fine. Sometimes lots of letters go out, and some have to do with things from your expired benefit year, others have to do with your new benefit year. Yes, it can be confusing.

As far as the message from this week, I don't know. It could be that you inadvertently answered a question wrong and set another issue on your claim.

You'll have to have someone look at your claim. I would recommend contacting your local office (in person is best) and having them check it out and let you know exactly where you stand. They can even show you the screens to show you your status (I do with my clients if I feel it would allow them to comprehend their status better). Without actually seeing it for myself, I'm not certain what's going on. And truthfully (possibly) you could be off on your count and be at a different stage of Tier 2 than you thought (or even in a different Tier). Perhaps what I surmised may have happened (the 65 issue) may not even be the case. Can't say for sure without seeing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina