U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 12-01-2010, 05:14 PM
 
1 posts, read 2,555 times
Reputation: 15
Default Help me please..

I am on my second tier of benefits from esc .... Am/ would I be elgible for a 3rd tier ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-04-2010, 05:05 PM
 
656 posts, read 687,754 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutchaknowboutit View Post
I am on my second tier of benefits from esc .... Am/ would I be elgible for a 3rd tier ...
Yes you probably would've been, however the date for the end of the extensions (EUC08) was Nov 27th., so unless by some miracle the senate votes to extend the program again, it will end and you'll finish out tier 2. Now if our state is still triggered on for EB with an unempoyment rate of over 8.6%, you can recieve up to 20 weeks of of EB after tier 2.
EB is state money and it has different requirements.
The first one being that you've had no previous disqualifications on your claim.
If not, then after your tier is up, call NC unemployment office in Raleigh or your local office and have them start you on EB.
(Goodluck)
KC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2010, 05:08 PM
 
656 posts, read 687,754 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljp59 View Post
I've been laid off fornot quite 26 weeks. I have been applying for any job thaqt I qualify for, butI have not had but one interview. Now they are going to cutus off at 26 weeks. What are we suppose to do? I don't haveany savings or any spouce to dpend on and I won't be able to pay my bills. It doesn't seem fair that so many people have been drawing unemployment for 2 years and I (who worked for 15 yars at the same job that closed it's doors) don't get to draw but 26 weeks.
So can anyone tell me what am I suppose to do? I thought I heard that the econemy was getng better. If it is then wher at. Not in NC.
After your 26 weeks is up, call ESC and ask to have them start you on EB.
You may be eligible to draw up to 20 more weeks of that., it's state funded money and available if our state has an unemployment rate of over 8.6%. Which we currently do.
Goodluck!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2010, 04:18 PM
 
Location: the beach
1 posts, read 1,205 times
Reputation: 10
Default Code 65...ugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMeWilm View Post
Thanks again jdljr. I will be doing that today. If the 65 issue were still active, would it show up on my online claim profile as an active issue? Mine currently shows no active issues, but still has the "dummy benefits." So it doesn't look like I'll be getting a deposit on Monday. Insert ominous music.

Hi turtlle78. Yes, I'm actually in Carolina Beach. I worked here as a graphic designer for 11 years before being laid off last year. Been turned down innumerable times for jobs I was perfectly qualified for, and have only now just found 2-3 hrs/week of work at $10/hr. Then again, that may be enough for the tent I'm probably going to have to buy to live out of pretty soon. Trying to stay positive, but it's pure hell. Thanks for the Burgaw suggestion. I'll definitely try that.
Hi, I too am in CB and desperately looking for work. I've found that a majority of the jobs on Craig's List are bogus. I've signed up with 3 employment agencies and have had one call and that was for a job in Rocky Point for $10/hr. I couldn't afford the gas to get to and from work on a daily basis. I've been told by everyone I've interviewed with that they've had hundreds of applicants for every job. I'm getting interviews but at my age, it's hard to compete with youngsters.

I recently filed my weekly certification and it stated that it was my last for the year. I did some searching on the web and entered a new claim that came up with 'issues'. There are NO instructions that the general public can read to help understand what to do. I left several messages at the Wilmington office and didn't receive a call back. I called again today and explained what was happening and a gentleman tried to help but had to transfer me. All I was told was I have a code 65 and to call back next week. My response was, "What does that mean?" Code 65 means nothing to me. She'd have been pretty upset if her doctor told her that her problem was 311 and was charging her a 99214 (that's a diagnosis of depression and charge of about $150).
So, Merry Christmas! Hopefully, I'll have a job by then, rather than unemployment but I'd like a little more notice than Code 65.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2010, 03:22 AM
 
108 posts, read 96,813 times
Reputation: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribarb View Post
Hi, I too am in CB and desperately looking for work. I've found that a majority of the jobs on Craig's List are bogus. I've signed up with 3 employment agencies and have had one call and that was for a job in Rocky Point for $10/hr. I couldn't afford the gas to get to and from work on a daily basis. I've been told by everyone I've interviewed with that they've had hundreds of applicants for every job. I'm getting interviews but at my age, it's hard to compete with youngsters.

I recently filed my weekly certification and it stated that it was my last for the year. I did some searching on the web and entered a new claim that came up with 'issues'. There are NO instructions that the general public can read to help understand what to do. I left several messages at the Wilmington office and didn't receive a call back. I called again today and explained what was happening and a gentleman tried to help but had to transfer me. All I was told was I have a code 65 and to call back next week. My response was, "What does that mean?" Code 65 means nothing to me. She'd have been pretty upset if her doctor told her that her problem was 311 and was charging her a 99214 (that's a diagnosis of depression and charge of about $150).
So, Merry Christmas! Hopefully, I'll have a job by then, rather than unemployment but I'd like a little more notice than Code 65.
Sounds like you are at the end of your 1st benefit year and did not earn enough income during the past year (other than your unemployment money) so you did not qualify for a 2nd benefit year. The "code 65" is pertaining to this issue. It needs to be resolved to set up a "dummy" 2nd year in which you can continue to draw whatever was left from your 1st benefit year. You need to go into your local ESC office and have them resolve the 65 issue and set up your "dummy" 2nd year, then you should continue to receive benefits until all that was left from your 1st year is used up...maybe as much as some of tier 2, tier 3 and tier 4, plus whatever EB you may have qualified for in your 1st benefit year.

I am coming up on the end of my 1st benefit year as well, and am going to have the same "65" issue that you are having. Don't worry. You'll be fine. Just go into the ESC office and have them resolve the 65 issue. And now that congress extended the current program out for another year, nothing should stand in your (and my) way from receiving all the benefits left from year one...if need be!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2010, 01:40 PM
 
3 posts, read 3,064 times
Reputation: 11
Unhappy Unemployment Benefits Issue....*again*

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum however I've been lurking for a couple of weeks looking for information about extended benefits. All of my questions have been answered except for today. I can't seem to find any questions asked by others that would fit my situation. I do apologize if this question has been asked a gazillion times and answered....

I received a letter stating that I have been approved for extended benefits for 20 weeks effective 12/12/2010. There are no active issues. I am still in my first benefit year and it ends 6/9/2011.

So of course today I filed my certification as usual and I received "THE" message.

".....has been accepted but cannot be processed for payment because of a prior disqualification"

I believe I read somewhere that someone was receiving this message every week but was still collecting.

Does anyone know whats going on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2010, 06:54 PM
 
3 posts, read 3,064 times
Reputation: 11
Well I called today. I will share what I was told in case someone can benefit from this information.

Apparently my letter stating that I was approved for extended benefits was an automatic letter that is sent out when there is activity on your account. The activity was me calling in to apply for some type of extension or possibly me messing around with the system when my benefits were exhausted.

Because I had a disqualification during my regular benefits it automatically disqualified me for extended benefits. I was signed up for emergency benefits. The rep that "signed me up" failed to tell me these details. It's also extra confusing that the site states that I am eligible for extended benefits.

So right now all I can do is continue my work search and file my weekly certifications.

The rep stated that since Obama has passed the law its just a matter of waiting until they receive the funds and their systems update. She said that hopefully something will come through before the month is out.

So at this point in the conversation I was a little relieved because I had an answer, but still frustrated because Im still penniless. Then she drops another bomb when I asked about back pay. She stated that they have to discuss what they will do about old recertifications. That just made me feel as though they were gonna back out of paying. So no borrowing for me.

And then to end the phone call on a more positive note because she was so nice and seemed sympathetic, I asked her did they have any openings at her location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2010, 12:47 AM
 
5,150 posts, read 2,769,884 times
Reputation: 1375
Default Hang in there

Thanks for sharing with your update. EB can be harrowing because they never seem to know FOR SURE if you can get it or if you will get back certifications.

Keep an eye on the payment history online. Within a day of getting EB approved it kicked in a back payment. No matter what the system says for certification, check the payment history the next day to be sure.

Hopefully you'll have a pleasant surprise with your back certifications and hopefully you'll pick up EU also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2010, 04:16 PM
 
3 posts, read 3,064 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
Thanks for sharing with your update. EB can be harrowing because they never seem to know FOR SURE if you can get it or if you will get back certifications.

Keep an eye on the payment history online. Within a day of getting EB approved it kicked in a back payment. No matter what the system says for certification, check the payment history the next day to be sure.

Hopefully you'll have a pleasant surprise with your back certifications and hopefully you'll pick up EU also.

Thank you! And you were right. Call it a Christmas Miracle!!!!!

I received my payment! Feeling much better about the bills to come and I can now get my kids one or two things for Christmas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2010, 12:03 PM
 
1 posts, read 644 times
Reputation: 10
This makes no sense, I have been waiting for my card for almost 2 weeks! My payment was processed on 12/15 and today is the 27th and still no card! WTF.. Are me and my kids gonna have to starve before I get the help that I have worked for? It makes no sense... I worked for this money and frankly in my opinion the whole process is worthless and a bunch of bull****!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top